C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

"asm large runners or tpis large runners?"

Old 08-26-2006, 01:24 PM
Steel Breeze
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by hippy
I've raced both setups myself, POS and Mini, I had a 13.1 sec POS car, this car would destroy it.

P.S. You want me to drive clear across the state to prove to you what I have, I don't think so Tim.
Lotsa talk, but no action. Grudge matches are the best. C'mon Hippy, Light Em Up... If the drama takes place, someone let me know how far the POS beats the Dream Car...
Old 08-26-2006, 01:47 PM
86Pacecar
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Razor89
Win Maybe
Destroy I don't think so

P.S. I was willing to drive over to cheese land. Time slip and Dyno would be enough. Post it on Central Coaster time slip thread.
WOW, Razor I've never seen you so worked up before.
Hippy might actually win a heads up race but his calling the TPI a POS is just not right, especially here, where we all share in the Corvette brotherhood.
By the way, Rozor's car is everything he says it is, a solid 13.0 second car that surprises quite a few people running newer tech. We all know there are better intake set-ups but for 20 year old technology the TPI isn't too bad.
Old 08-26-2006, 03:43 PM
Hole-Shot
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My previous 87 with a stock ported GM intake, stock GM plenum and AS&M runners ran 11.8's @ 117+MPH. That was with a 383 bottom end and ported 113 heads.

I later on swapped out the TPI for a superram and picked up a few tenths and 4 MPH. 60 foots stayed the same @ mid-high 1.5's.
Old 08-26-2006, 04:01 PM
88BlackZ-51
Race Director

Received 41 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by hippy
I've raced both setups myself, POS and Mini, I had a 13.1 sec POS car, this car would destroy it.

P.S. You want me to drive clear across the state to prove to you what I have, I don't think so Tim.

dude you are a litte harsh. going from a 13.1 car to a 12.6 isnt night and day. big deal. talking smack and not backing up is a POS to me. or wait that is a big POS.

Last edited by 88BlackZ-51; 08-26-2006 at 04:07 PM.
Old 08-26-2006, 08:36 PM
Razor89
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 86Pacecar
WOW, Razor I've never seen you so worked up before.
Hippy might actually win a heads up race but his calling the TPI a POS is just not right, especially here, where we all share in the Corvette brotherhood.
By the way, Rozor's car is everything he says it is, a solid 13.0 second car that surprises quite a few people running newer tech. We all know there are better intake set-ups but for 20 year old technology the TPI isn't too bad.
Hey Pacecar How's it going.

I'm not worked up, just board! Thanks for the back up,
You still planning on going to the Muscle car race?

Now here's a guy (pacecar) that know how talk and drive his car. If I'm not mistaken it was a year ago Pacecar beat me in a heads up race by a margin of .0003. I think this was the best race that I have ever seen or been in.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: "asm large runners or tpis large runners?"