C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Turn Indicators Just died, need help before I get rear-ended

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2001, 02:22 AM
RebelCorvette
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turn Indicators Just died, need help before I get rear-ended

Well, i was driving down the road and went to make a right turn. I give the turn indicator lever (i believe its a lever...) a little nudge and it feels like it is just completely broken. I can just barely touch it and it is completely loose when going to the right. Now if I want to make a left turn, thats okay because the left ones turn on, but if I dont complete a full turn to have them automatically go off, they will stay on. Its getting really frustrating and I would like any advice on what I should go looking for to solve this little problem. Now i'm got dead brakes and no turn signals, nice, very nice. :mad
Old 09-01-2001, 01:35 AM
8LivesLeft
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Turn Indicators Just died, need help before I get rear-ended (RebelCorvette)

Sounds like the turn signal switch in the steering column broke. Its a sliding switch with two springs(one for left and one right signal) that like to break. Its a $20 part but it involves removing the airbag and steering wheel to get at, removing wheel requires puller and tool to remove plate below it. Also you have to be very careful removing the wheel since its an aluminum casting with a cast in steel sleeve holding it to the column. Sometimes they like to break apart like mine did :mad when you try to remove the wheel.

Quick Reply: Turn Indicators Just died, need help before I get rear-ended