C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Get some free oil if you're interested

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2006, 02:18 AM
goldeneye_vet
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Get some free oil if you're interested

Found this coupon on some deal sites I go to nightly and am passing it along. Maybe it's been posted before or maybe not. I have not used this oil but you can get 5 quarts of Valvoline MaxLife for free after rebate. Synthetic or dino it looks like. $17.50 back on dino oil and $29 back on synthetic.

http://www.valvoline.com/maxlife/microsite.asp

Last edited by goldeneye_vet; 06-21-2006 at 05:21 AM.
Old 06-21-2006, 12:34 PM
~db~
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

DON'T DO IT!!! 3 months and NO REBATE. "we never received it BS" A majority or rebates are scams since they are untraceable and unenforcable. They will not accept "certified mail" and you can never prove if it arrives. The time involved is sometimes not worth it. I have been successful with many rebates and unsucessful with many many more. my .05
Old 06-22-2006, 01:43 AM
goldeneye_vet
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well that sucks! Here I was trying to help and I hope that no one gets screwed! If you do, sorry......just trying to help out my fellow corvette brothern with a tip. I hope no one thinks that I'm a troll now??????
Old 06-23-2006, 08:33 PM
~db~
Pro

Originally Posted by goldeneye_vet
Well that sucks! Here I was trying to help and I hope that no one gets screwed! If you do, sorry......just trying to help out my fellow corvette brothern with a tip. I hope no one thinks that I'm a troll now??????
No ones blaming you bro! Unless you work for valvoline
Old 06-23-2006, 08:41 PM
bogus
Team Owner

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by ~db~
DON'T DO IT!!! 3 months and NO REBATE. "we never received it BS" A majority or rebates are scams since they are untraceable and unenforcable. They will not accept "certified mail" and you can never prove if it arrives. The time involved is sometimes not worth it. I have been successful with many rebates and unsucessful with many many more. my .05
interesting take.

I have had countless rebates... and the only ones I didn't get are the ones I was stupid enough not to file in time.
Old 06-23-2006, 08:44 PM
~db~
Pro

Originally Posted by bogus
interesting take.

I have had countless rebates... and the only ones I didn't get are the ones I was stupid enough not to file in time.
Are you trying to imply something? May want to rephrase....
Old 06-23-2006, 10:41 PM
85C4fanatic
Racer

I used Max life awhile back on an car used it from 98k to 280k before the bottom end went on it. I too have not had to many problem recently with rebates and I always send mine with delivery confirmation through the USPS and never have had one returned, but everyones experiences are different. Not to hijack the thread but seeing as these beauties come with M1 in them from the factory after what was it 91? why not stay with that. Mobil has a program that you can sign up for and all youhave to do is send the upc and a form into them and they give you $5 credit into an account and you can buy mobil products with that credit or you can cash it in for a simply certificate that can be used almost anywhere.
Here is the link
http://www.mobil1.com/USA-English/Mo...1_Rewards.aspx
Goodluck
Old 06-24-2006, 12:13 AM
1987C4
Instructor

Thanks for the link to the Mobil 1 site! I'll be checking this out!
Old 07-03-2006, 06:23 PM
~db~
Pro

Just an update....I checked on my rebate status and although it was for up to 6 quarts FREE valvoline synthetic oil, the actual rebate was handled thru Advance auto parts. So after calling them and listening to the BS, I had to refax all my info to them. So.....if this rebate is thru valvoline themselves, you may have better results. Just FYI..for some of you
Old 07-04-2006, 09:55 AM
PourJim
Racer

Originally Posted by 1987C4
Thanks for the link to the Mobil 1 site! I'll be checking this out!
Yeah me too!

Get notified of new replies

To Get some free oil if you're interested

Quick Reply: Get some free oil if you're interested