C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

long tube headers

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2006, 04:00 AM
Ruff Rider
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default long tube headers

Hey all, i have a 95 LT1 coup auto tran stock...Was thinking about adding those long tube headers that Stainless Works offer. Any-one out the got a set and if so would love some feed back...With it I am thinking about adding the B&B exhausr system..???? What do U THINK. I'm All
Old 05-26-2006, 07:46 AM
Achilleus07
Racer

All I hear are good things about SW headers....wait awhile and im positive Corvette Kid NC will pipe in about the SWs....he knows alot about them and can answer any questions you have.

Last edited by Achilleus07; 05-26-2006 at 07:49 AM.
Old 05-26-2006, 09:24 AM
96lt4c4
Pro

Originally Posted by Ruff Rider
Hey all, i have a 95 LT1 coup auto tran stock...Was thinking about adding those long tube headers that Stainless Works offer. Any-one out the got a set and if so would love some feed back...With it I am thinking about adding the B&B exhausr system..???? What do U THINK. I'm All
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show....php?t=1392567
Old 05-26-2006, 09:39 AM
96 lt-4
Drifting

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts

i have the sw longtubes.excellent fit and finish.only snag(if you can call it that)was i had to remove the heat shield on the passenger side floorboard.the connector pipe was rattling on it.no problems since.muffler choice comes down to personal preference.
Old 05-26-2006, 01:18 PM
Mr. Peabody
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 477 Likes on 353 Posts
C4 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

I bought these for my 95 A4 and had them installed this past January including the random tech cats and SW extensions into the stock resonator. I'm really happy with the results. You can most certainly feel the difference in low and mid range torq and the sound is lower and deeper.

I retained the stock exhaust & mufflers and they sound great with the headers. Unless money is no object I'd wait on an aftermarket exhaust for a 1,000 miles or so and see how you like the sound of the headers with the stock exhaust

These pics are of Scott's car who works at SW and posted with his permission. My setup looks basically just like this.
Old 05-26-2006, 04:56 PM
davisce
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 8 Posts

Default SW Long Tubes

Originally Posted by Ruff Rider
Dude,

I'm replacing my FLP Long Tubes with SW Long Tubes, Randum CAT,s,
and X-Pipe on my 1999 C5. The FLP's were good, but weren't made
out of "Stainliness Steel". . . . .

I think you'll be happy with the SW Headers

Cecil
Germam-American Corvette Club
Baden-Wurttemberg
Heidelberg, Germany
Hometown: Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
Old 05-26-2006, 05:17 PM
Corvette Kid
Large Impressive Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Good health is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die
Received 68 Likes on 34 Posts
St. Jude Donor '04-'05-'06-'07

Since Achilleus07 told you I'd pipe in, I'd better I guess. You will love these headers. And if you're going to use cats (which I hope you are) their set-up actually allows you to use them just beyond the collectors even with an automatic, which is ideal. Like Mr. Peabody said, you might be surprised how good the stock exhaust can sound, definitely try it before spending big bucks on an aftermarket system. If you want a little more growl, eliminate the resonator and then see how you like it. I'm going to be reinstalling my engine this weekend and the SWs are going back on to replace my current headers. I already test fitted them before I removed the engine and they fit great, slid right up into place w/o a hitch and no clearance problems. Plugs changes won't be bad either and wire boot clearance looks good.
Old 05-26-2006, 07:00 PM
Ruff Rider
Racer

Thanks for the imput, i've made my mind up and will get them. I'll take Mr Peabody's advice and try them with my stockn exhaust first....If I dont like the sound then I might remove the resonator first before going with B&B's...And yes CorvetteKid I will go with Random Tech High-Flow Cats.....
Old 05-27-2006, 12:13 AM
Quiktrp94
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Love mine!! Looks better, sounds better and FEELS better. You'll be happy with them. Robert
Old 05-31-2006, 08:25 PM
Ruff Rider
Racer

Thanks for the pics Bro...

Last edited by Ruff Rider; 05-31-2006 at 08:27 PM.
Old 05-31-2006, 10:04 PM
MTVette
Race Director

Received 476 Likes on 133 Posts

I got 'em this winter and love 'em. I've only been to the track twice since installation, but my time in the quarter is already .25 sec better than my previous all-time best. I replaced the resonator with an x-pipe and used heated O2 sensors. The sound is great!!

Get notified of new replies

To long tube headers

Quick Reply: long tube headers