C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

New to forum With coolant temp Question

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2006, 05:21 PM
TAZO
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to forum With coolant temp Question

Howdy All. New to the forum. I have a 91 vette that has been sitting in my garage for a few years and I am now ready to get her up and running. Last time I drove her she overheated and it was winter time so I let her sit for a while. I changed the thermostat and changed the coolant. Now the tempature guage does not work. I have checked the comection to the coolant temp sensor and all seems fine. Is it possible that I could have damaged the sensor when I put in the new thermostat? Has anyone ever had a problem like this? Thanks for any info and I have been enjoying reading all the info on this site.
Mike
Old 01-19-2006, 07:30 PM
AGENT 86
Race Director

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts

Not a 100% on your year, but my gauge gets its input from the sender in passenger head (check for bad or no connection). The one in front part of intake is for the ecm's temp input.
Oh, and WELCOME ABOARD
Old 01-20-2006, 11:49 AM
TAZO
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Agent 86 I have a 1991 coupe L98 engine. The sensor in front of the intake is close to the thermostat? I did not know there was another sender for the gauge. I will look a little closer when I get home tonight

Get notified of new replies

To New to forum With coolant temp Question

Quick Reply: New to forum With coolant temp Question