C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

What made you want a Vette?

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2001, 03:48 PM
hi-tek-vette
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: What made you want a Vette? (blk91)

it was the next step up from a trans-am ....... it seems every kid has one of those !
Old 08-04-2001, 08:20 PM
Juliet
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I wanted one since I was a kid. I grew up watching the rich kids in the neighborhood with their sharks. :yesnod: Finally now I can get one, or two, or three. :jester

Now if you ask my Mom it's because back in '64 when she was pregnant with me she was in a car accident - with a corvette. She's convinced I must have been bumped on the head or something. :clown
Old 08-04-2001, 10:31 PM
JIM FL
Advanced

GREAT DRIVERS CAR,PRIDE OF OWNERSHIP,BEST OF ALL SOME SUPER VETTE OWNERS :cool:
Old 08-04-2001, 10:37 PM
notbob
Racer

I made the mistake of driving one ;)

No less then 3 weeks later I bought one ;P

What can I say, both the one I drove that day and bought weren't in perfect shape, aren't very practical, in fact utterly insanely crazy of a purchase, but as soon as I drove it 5 mins into the test drive I wanted it and changed from wanting to buy a '90 - '92 Z to the C4 Corvette.

I was at a car lot, test drove this '91 or '92 I forget the year, 305 w/T-Tops Camaro, wasn't all that impressed but he was cheapo on price, then he had this '85 Corvette they'd just gotten in that had some minor problems, etc... I was like i wanna try that one now ;)

I got in and started to drive, hit the ramp to the highway (had nice S curve in it), I came to a near complete stop to allow traffic to get out of way and smoked through the ramp, then hit the highway and well lets just say we went a few extra exits on that test drive then I did with the Camaro. They were going to fix some goodie and call me about it when it was done..., by that time I had already bought me one ;)

Now I own a 1988 Red Corvette, Z52 Suspension, Climate Control, Heated Mirrors, etc.... goodie tint job, crap exhaust, f'd battery & alternator, A/C that don't work, got rained in yesterday (my fault, nice freak f'in storm!!!!!! -- God hates me fyi ;P), oh and no radio as thats all messed up, but hell it was $8750 + $525 taxes + $900 tires & alignment, $30 battery, and a couple hundred in other minor parts so far, give it time I'm sure it'll soak me outta money soon, oh wait I'm already broke but oh well at least I'm driving a 'Vette and a 2000 Mercury Cougar at Age 20, $12k in combined car loans till I own both ;)

:U
Old 08-05-2001, 01:46 PM
LuVettes
Instructor

I never wanted one. Yup that's right never. Then one day, my now ex and I were out window shopping cars (porche, ferrari, lambo...that stuff) and this dealer had tons of Vettes on the lot, along with those other high end cars.

I test drove the 81...and bought it that day. I don't know what happened to me but I'm hooked. He's gone...but I still have both Vettes :chevy
Old 08-06-2001, 12:20 PM
ce_me_vette
Racer

Performance and stlying what more do you need to say. The other side benfit that I didn't realize before I got the car is that driving a "regular" car is just driving. Driving a Vette is a sensuous driving experience. :D
Old 08-06-2001, 12:27 PM
white93vette
Advanced

Because Porsches are half the fun and twice the price.

Quick Reply: What made you want a Vette?