C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Theft deterrent system on 1990 vert...HELP PLEASE!

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2005, 06:17 PM
yoslambo1@cs.com
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Theft deterrent system on 1990 vert...HELP PLEASE!

While installing a aftermarket radio I clipped some wires that went into the stock radio one was red with black lines, one was pink one is black. Now the car has issues starting...If I put everything back how it was sometimes it will turn over but gets no gas? If I connect the pink & redw black wire together it will start sometimes & run...I messed up somthing bigtime! When I connect the two wires (red with black & pink) the door light come on as well as the odometer in the cluster?
I decided to unplug the battery overnight & see what happens (putting everything back to how it started)? PLEASE HELP!!! What can I do to fix this issue?
Old 05-31-2005, 06:43 PM
Alvin
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '05

Do you get a secuirity light during all this?
Old 05-31-2005, 06:54 PM
rayosequis
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Check the FAQ in the electronics section, I think it may address some of these issues.
Old 05-31-2005, 07:14 PM
yoslambo1@cs.com
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Alvin
Do you get a secuirity light during all this?
I will check tomorrow...I have battery unplugged now.
Old 06-01-2005, 03:54 AM
steve1ph2
Burning Brakes

i can tell you this,rule out the vats. the engine will not even turn over if the vats has been triggered.
Old 06-01-2005, 08:36 AM
Alvin
Drifting

St. Jude Donor '05

Not really, there is two vats systems. One that keeps it from starting and anthor in the computer that shuts it off the injectors. When the latter has a problem you'll see the cars cranking but shuttnig right back off.
Old 06-01-2005, 08:46 AM
Vette73
LS/MFT
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12

Assuming you removed a Bose unit. You didn't specify if the wires you indicate are the ones coming from the control head or the reciever box, but based on your observation that connecting the pink and red/blk wires will allow the engine to start, here's my guess:

Circuit 1935 from the reciever box is a pink wire. It is Ignition Out and connects at connector C2, terminal 8 to the Ignition In of the control head (wht wire). Circuit 1902 is Battery In (hot at all times) from the main fuse block. Connects at C1 to a red wire into the control head. You probably tried to by-pass the reciever box when you installed the new radio. Without this, the ignition input thru the reciever box is shorted.
Old 06-01-2005, 09:21 AM
yoslambo1@cs.com
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Vette73
Assuming you removed a Bose unit. You didn't specify if the wires you indicate are the ones coming from the control head or the reciever box, but based on your observation that connecting the pink and red/blk wires will allow the engine to start, here's my guess:

Circuit 1935 from the reciever box is a pink wire. It is Ignition Out and connects at connector C2, terminal 8 to the Ignition In of the control head (wht wire). Circuit 1902 is Battery In (hot at all times) from the main fuse block. Connects at C1 to a red wire into the control head. You probably tried to by-pass the reciever box when you installed the new radio. Without this, the ignition input thru the reciever box is shorted.
Do you have any suggestions on how to fix the problem? I am putting the wires back to how they were & left the battery off overnight...Will this fix the problem or did I do damage to something?
Old 06-01-2005, 09:23 AM
yoslambo1@cs.com
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Alvin
Not really, there is two vats systems. One that keeps it from starting and anthor in the computer that shuts it off the injectors. When the latter has a problem you'll see the cars cranking but shuttnig right back off.
Yes I can get it to do this...but if I connect the red & pink wire I can get it to start but sometimes i turn the key & get nothing...I have to turn the key several times then it will fire?
Old 06-01-2005, 11:10 AM
Vette73
LS/MFT
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12

Sorry man, I'm pretty good at following the Service Manual to fix 'em if they are stock, but modifying the electrical system is something I leave to the "experts". I'd suggest that you get your hands on the Service Manual section 8A -- the electrical suppliment. If you drop me an email I might be able to send you scanned *.jpg's of the pertainent pages.

Jac
Old 06-01-2005, 11:57 AM
yoslambo1@cs.com
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Vette73
Sorry man, I'm pretty good at following the Service Manual to fix 'em if they are stock, but modifying the electrical system is something I leave to the "experts". I'd suggest that you get your hands on the Service Manual section 8A -- the electrical suppliment. If you drop me an email I might be able to send you scanned *.jpg's of the pertainent pages.

Jac
UPDATE!!!! I fixed it! I followed a noise that was clicking...Therer were two relays there...I removed them & took them apart...moved the insie clicker reassembled & all of a sudden the car was fixed!!! I am sooo Siked!!! Thankyou for the advice!
Old 06-01-2005, 12:12 PM
chucks88
Safety Car

Glad I could help. Headin to heavenly tonight?
Old 06-01-2005, 01:07 PM
yoslambo1@cs.com
Safety Car

Originally Posted by chucks88
Glad I could help. Headin to heavenly tonight?
Hey Chuck...Whats up! I might go if the weather is good....If I do I will bring my 90 Vert...Maybe someone will buy it there!
Old 06-01-2005, 01:47 PM
chucks88
Safety Car

Yes........please bring it as I could use some parts off it.

Get notified of new replies

To Theft deterrent system on 1990 vert...HELP PLEASE!

Quick Reply: Theft deterrent system on 1990 vert...HELP PLEASE!