C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

ZF slave chronicles

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2005, 07:50 PM
LD85
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Default ZF slave chronicles

Last Weekend, I had drilled the slave fitting orifice out to a larger OD, I think it was @ .170” ID that I opened it up to.

And yesterday, I got fed up with bleeding the stock POS slave, so I put a braided brake line on in place of the factory line, what an improvement, a better pedal feel and 10X easier to bleed. The air bubbles were purged in no time flat, 10 pumps of the slave and I was done.

I guess I am saying that if bleeding the slave is hard or yields bad results, go to a briaded brake line, only cost @ $12.00-$15.00

Last edited by LD85; 04-17-2005 at 09:46 PM.
Old 04-17-2005, 09:05 PM
olman
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the tip!
Old 04-17-2005, 10:30 PM
music_man
Instructor

Location: Cicero, IN "Change is inevitable, except from vending machines"
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question -How does going to a braided line make a difference here?
I've got a New Raybestos Clutch Master & Slave and it's on my list to do soon. Just curious how the line makes a difference.
Old 04-18-2005, 02:08 AM
LD85
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by music_man
Question -How does going to a braided line make a difference here?
I've got a New Raybestos Clutch Master & Slave and it's on my list to do soon. Just curious how the line makes a difference.
I think the pedal feel is a combination of the larger slave orifice ID and the new line being a larger ID too, I could be wrong , but I do feel the fluid action of the pedal when I depress it.

To drill the orifice out is easy, all you need is a pair of Ring Clip pliers so you can take then piston out to the end of the slave tube bore, then drill the bleed hole and the inlet hole out larger with a hand drill, then blow it out real well and put the clip back in, only takes 10-15 minutes to do

I am positive that the new line makes it easier to bleed, I made 2 attempts to get the stock slave lane bled taking two people and finally got the air out after jacking with it for an hour or so each time.

Then I put the larger line on and bled it all alone in less than 10 minutes, with no air. I had the larger line one once before late last year and it made it easier to bleed then too, so I know it’s not a coincidence.
Old 04-18-2005, 03:15 AM
bogus
Team Owner

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

way cool!!

Get notified of new replies

To ZF slave chronicles

Quick Reply: ZF slave chronicles