C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

weak air pressure from dash vents

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2005, 12:42 AM
mr.terry84
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default weak air pressure from dash vents

i'm getting ready to replace my a/c compressor soon, while im at it i want to figure out why the dash vents hardly have any pressure. i'm guessing 1. clogged vent ducts, 2. bad fan switch, [motor is good, and it does run with dash switch, but i havent determined what speed] 3. sticking air door on heater a/c system. the floor vents seem to have the same problem. maybe i'm just expecting too much, but i don't think so. any direction will be much appreciated. thanks.
Old 04-12-2005, 08:31 AM
Tom Piper
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The condensor gets wet from condensing the humidity in the air, and this leads to a build up on the condensor of all the particles that go through it.
Pull the blower motor out of the housing and see if the condensor is clogged with black goo.

Tom Piper
Old 04-12-2005, 11:42 AM
jimijoe
Advanced

Not sure about your year, On my 94 there is a foam gasket between the vent and the duct pipe. By vent I mean the thingie you use to direct the air flow. The Foam gasket is about 1/2 think spongie looking material that is held in place with 2 sided sticky tape. The tape must have broken down over time because when I removed my air vent from the dash I noticed the Foam gasket used to make the seal had broken free and was dangling in front of the vent blocking the air. I applied some high quality 2 sided tape and reinstalled it. I dont say this is your problem, but it's an easy fix and worth looking into. You do have to remove part of the dash to access it.
Old 04-13-2005, 01:18 AM
mr.terry84
Advanced

thanks for the replies. i'll check these things out
Old 04-13-2005, 01:40 AM
REDC4CORVETTE
Safety Car

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I think your high blower relay may be bad ?
Old 04-13-2005, 11:05 PM
mr.terry84
Advanced

if you mean the one in the fender well by the heater motor, i did replace it recently. is there another relay i should look for?
Old 04-14-2005, 03:00 AM
REDC4CORVETTE
Safety Car

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

That is the one .
Check the circut brakers in the kick panel on pass side make sure they are good.

Get notified of new replies

To weak air pressure from dash vents

Quick Reply: weak air pressure from dash vents