C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

I'm a digidash repair amatuer with a little romance.

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2005, 05:59 PM
kopbet89c4
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'm a digidash repair amatuer with a little romance.

Got back from Orlando today and I had a neat encounter to tell.

Today at the Florida Mall in Orlando, there was this blonde hottie with long straight hair + a perfect body (34C 24 34) looking like she had some trouble with her 88 Vette continually hitting her digi dash because it was what she called "malfunctioning." She was obviously throwing quite a hissy fit...

When she cranked the car up, the dash would not light up and you couldn't see anything at all. But when she hit it, the numbers light up again and when she stopped hitting it, in just about half a second later, the digi dash would go black and blank again.

I parked right next to her and asked if I could help. (Loved her looks also, so I couldn't resist.) I lended her a hand and got my tools out, plus I had some spare digi dash 194 bulb bases and 194 bulbs. I'm so damn glad I brought my tools and spare parts.

So I started taking out her digi dash. It took about 20 minutes to get it out and removed the face cover. Her main dash looked kinda like mine since there was no head light button on the triangular rod switch and some plastic was cracked. Gave her my spare headlight button. Out came the cluster with a little fussing and cussing under the breath here and there. (She didn't hear me). Took out all the hex screws of the back cover. Out came more hex nut screws and the circuit board too. Looks like that board were the 2 harnesses connect is in decent condition. The other board... God, I saw all 4 bulb bases burnt up black with soot. Some of the plastic parts were chipped and the bases were super loose on the board not getting a good connection at all. So I get my spare 194 bases and bulbs out and install them for her, for free. It took a good 40 minutes of my time to make it work perfect again. I did it for her, not only because she was hot, but also a fellow 84-89 C4 Vette owner. Hmmm, I just wanted to be a nice guy today.

After all the work was done and all of it done to her liking along with my spare headlight button on the headlight switch, she gave me a big hug and like thanked me a dozen times. Ewww, I was kinda sweating hard with my nylon shirt soaked from my sweat dripping face. Hopefully, I didn't smell like BO! Thank Florida for the hot sun! We both chit chatted for a good while, walked about around in the mall, then she asks for my number. We exchanged numbers and gave me her cell and house number. I give my cell number to her, getting a little paranoid of my fiancee. Well, at least this 23 y.o. hot, blonde Vette driver still lives with her parents. Then out of the blue, she then asks me if I have a girlfriend. Hmmmmmmmm...... I had to think about what I could say. I didn't lie and said "yes" since I know now that she won't be calling much. Good decision!! Hopefully she'll only call me on my cell number and not stalk me. She doesn't look like the "stalker" type and seems really sweet. She goes to Lakeland, once in a while to visit her friends. Hopefully my fiancee will never find out. I think both girls are hot. The blondie was about 4" taller than me and looked like about 115 lbs (I'm 5'3" and 118 lbs). My fiancee has darker hair and is the same height as me, but weighing 100lbs! Hopefully I can introduce one another since I'd really like them both on me at the same time! 2 seems to be better than 1. It just sucks that bigamy isn't legal in the US. At least this hottie I met today hasn't called me yet, and perhaps may never call. I remember the romantic french kiss we both gave each other just before we parted. Now that I'm home, this will give me some time to think and rest. I need it! Hopefully I won't smell like her perfume, as that might arouse some suspicion from my fiancee. Anyways, just sometimes, you just have to help other people out, especially if they are hot stuff and you have a good "chance". BTW, my fiancee just bought herself a laptop and won't ever be using this one again. Thanks to the Windows XP computer lock feature I am now using.
Old 04-05-2005, 06:12 PM
jfb
Team Owner

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

The cluster lamps are not 194's, they are 882's.
Old 04-05-2005, 06:19 PM
Lone Ranger
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm telling!

Old 04-05-2005, 06:21 PM
smack123
Drifting

ummmm...yeah.......

Did I just accidentally log on to the Jerry Springer website?
Old 04-05-2005, 06:26 PM
kopbet89c4
Safety Car

Originally Posted by jfb
These bases work as well. They are 194 bases and there is a bulb there. These new 194 bases plug right in to the holes where the original 882 bases are. Worked for me, perfectly!

Old 04-05-2005, 06:28 PM
bogus
Team Owner

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

It's got the makings of a good letter to Penthouse.
Old 04-05-2005, 06:29 PM
dock351
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '06

Don't forget, you'll need to post an additional avatar photo!
Old 04-05-2005, 06:46 PM
kopbet89c4
Safety Car

All the parts I gave the blonde chica were either taken from a local junkyard or from ebay for cheap. (<$5) Gave her (4) 194 bulbs, (4) 194 bases, and a headlight switch button.
Old 04-05-2005, 06:59 PM
C10 JDR
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jfb
probably the only sensible comment to make to this one

good call
Old 04-05-2005, 07:48 PM
smack123
Drifting

Originally Posted by xeugep
All the parts I gave the blonde chica were either taken from a local junkyard or from ebay for cheap. (<$5) Gave her (4) 194 bulbs, (4) 194 bases, and a headlight switch button.

Dude, you played with her headlights, flipped her switch, and pushed her buttons? All in the parking lot? You better hope she never meets your fiance.

That's fine - while you were at the mall parking lot your fiance was in the Home Depot parking lot helping some guy unbuclke his (seat)belt, install his shifter ****, and play with his ball bearings.

Hey, if it's good for the goose........
Old 04-05-2005, 07:58 PM
kopbet89c4
Safety Car

Originally Posted by smack123
Dude, you played with her headlights, flipped her switch, and pushed her buttons? All in the parking lot? You better hope she never meets your fiance.

That's fine - while you were at the mall parking lot your fiance was in the Home Depot parking lot helping some guy unbuclke his (seat)belt, install his shifter ****, and play with his ball bearings.

Hey, if it's good for the goose........
I hope they legalize bigamy soon. LOL in my sweetest dreams. I like them both! Hopefully they meet soon.

Anyways, I would have done this for just about any 84-89er. If it was an oldie, a not hot, a "but her face" or a man, I would just help out, and not get all hot on them like I did to this nice gal.
Old 04-05-2005, 08:03 PM
kwik_ta
Race Director

Location: St. Peters MO Sometimes you have to prove yourself by doing alot of killing or alot of dying...

ummmm...yeah.......

Did I just accidentally log on to the Jerry Springer website?
it amazes me how much we think alike
Old 04-05-2005, 09:02 PM
smack123
Drifting

Originally Posted by xeugep
I hope they legalize bigamy soon. LOL in my sweetest dreams. I like them both! Hopefully they meet soon.

Anyways, I would have done this for just about any 84-89er. If it was an oldie, a not hot, a "but her face" or a man, I would just help out, and not get all hot on them like I did to this nice gal.

You "like them both"? You spend 45 minutes in the mall with her and you're putting her on the same plane as your fiance? Dude, you're ENGAGED and you're acting like you're in Grade 9?

Man, is it any wonder the divorce rate is like 65%

"Oh honey, I'm leaving you for some chick I spent 45 minutes with at the mall - unless of course you're into a threesome?"....."Honey? - Honey? ........ Where did you go?"

Okay, it's like 5 minutes later and I've typed this out and yet I'm STILL laughing and shaking my head.....

This is the funniest story I've heard in weeks.
Old 04-05-2005, 09:04 PM
smack123
Drifting

Originally Posted by kwik_ta
it amazes me how much we think alike

Agreed - I have to answer all these threads first otherwise it'll be too late and you will have said what I wanted to say.
Old 04-05-2005, 09:18 PM
jsup
Team Owner

Location: Bergen County, NJ Democrats, doing for the country what they did for Michigan

SO many comments, so few appropiate........

Good work McGyver.
Old 04-05-2005, 11:03 PM
kopbet89c4
Safety Car

You "like them both"? You spend 45 minutes in the mall with her and you're putting her on the same plane as your fiance? Dude, you're ENGAGED and you're acting like you're in Grade 9?

Man, is it any wonder the divorce rate is like 65%

"Oh honey, I'm leaving you for some chick I spent 45 minutes with at the mall - unless of course you're into a threesome?"....."Honey? - Honey? ........ Where did you go?"

Okay, it's like 5 minutes later and I've typed this out and yet I'm STILL laughing and shaking my head.....

This is the funniest story I've heard in weeks.
Like some say in four words, "Boys will be boys." I'm still one. At almost 23, I feel like I'm 18 or younger. I get carded every time for R rated movies. I bet I'll still be carded when I'm 40 if buying alcohol. My cousin still is and she is 41. I guess its the Asian in me. BTW, I never enjoyed my youth as much as I do now. I was in military boarding school most of my life. Yes, I was that much of a bad a$$.
Old 04-05-2005, 11:07 PM
cv67
Team Owner

Received 3,043 Likes on 2,602 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

You know the rules, bro...

Get notified of new replies

To I'm a digidash repair amatuer with a little romance.

Old 04-05-2005, 11:24 PM
kopbet89c4
Safety Car

Originally Posted by cuisinartvette
You know the rules, bro...
Yeah, I seriously should invest in a good camera cell phone capable of taking high resolution pics. It should serve for any other encounter I may get involved in. I'll do that someday.
Old 04-05-2005, 11:51 PM
86C4EVER
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You know what would be really funny is if the blonde C4 was a member of this forum :o :o :o
Old 04-06-2005, 12:23 AM
kopbet89c4
Safety Car

Originally Posted by 86C4EVER
You know what would be really funny is if the blonde C4 was a member of this forum :o :o :o
I'm not gonna worry. I asked her if she has joined any forum relating to Vettes. She said she won't join any forum anytime soon. Finishing a Masters in a psychology field is her priority. Her Vette was given to her by her twin brother a week before he died of brain cancer. I guess that was his will to his sister. They were obviously very close as she states. Now, its just her, mom, and dad. Got off the phone with the gal a while ago and she's interested in meeting me again, along with my fiancee. Hope that goes well... I'm scared!

Quick Reply: I'm a digidash repair amatuer with a little romance.