C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

After 2 years on stands, '87 now running

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2005, 07:06 PM
nel
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default After 2 years on stands, '87 now running

It started out as a simple job--valve stem seals, 1.6 roller rockers with new valve springs, ProForm valve covers, waterpump, air conditioning compressor, ATF cooler. Unfortunately, I had arm surgery two years in a row. Other things came up so the car sat unattended without coolant (I'm going to do a few flushes in the near future).

This last year, we sold our house so I had to finish the job. Still have to get the air conditioning working again, but the engine is running strong (133k miles). Never realized how much I missed the torque and acceleration of a V8.

Everything seems in order during city driving, accelerating, decelerating. But, I have something that feels like misfire on highway cruise. You step into it and it goes away. You get off the throttle, and everything's okay. What could it be? EGR, charcoal canister purge, spark (knock sensor?), fuel???
Old 03-02-2005, 07:43 PM
C4396roadster
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This last year, we sold our house so I had to finish the job. Still have to get the air conditioning working again, but the engine is running strong (133k miles). Never realized how much I missed the torque and acceleration of a V8

Motivation
Old 03-02-2005, 07:46 PM
JackDidley
Race Director

Received 232 Likes on 164 Posts

Is the gas fresh ? Filter ? Just guessing here but 2 years sitting can be worse than 2 years driving.

Get notified of new replies

To After 2 years on stands, '87 now running

Quick Reply: After 2 years on stands, '87 now running