C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Started My Plenum & Runner Porting Tonight!

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2005, 09:27 PM
stock86vette
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Started My Plenum & Runner Porting Tonight!

Well Im getting started on the list of mods I've been waiting/putting off. Tonight I pulled the Upper Plenum of and got to cutting and grinding away. Pretty easy job if you have the right tools I used a air grinder and a small cutting wheel. Worked like a charm. Tomorrow I gotta get to work on the Runners. BTW, whats the best way to clean out all the metal shavings from the inside of the plenum? I used my air compressor to get most of it out, but there still is some small shaving in there. Im pretty sure I dont want to install that untill its spotless. Also I have yet to do a search on this MOD, but what kinda gains should I expect to see?
Old 02-20-2005, 09:49 PM
cv67
Team Owner

Received 3,043 Likes on 2,602 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

I did my T.B., plenum, runners and base. Picked up 2 mph on my best run, the other 3 runs were pretty close to stock. I have a feeling you won't see a lot of difference unless you do exhaust and rockers to really take advantage of it.
Old 02-20-2005, 10:04 PM
65Z01
Team Owner

Received 300 Likes on 274 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

Take the parts to a pressure wash car wash and blast them.
Old 02-20-2005, 10:31 PM
87NassauBlue
Racer

I used enamel reducer to wash all of it out. I did mine and even siamesed the lower intake. Man what a PITA. aluminum needles everwhere. I was never so glad to have that job finished. I never want to do that again. But the car runs like hell now. To really reap the benefits of your work, You will need to upgrade everything in the air path of the engine, Intake and exhaust. Good luck
Old 02-21-2005, 07:03 AM
stock86vette
Instructor

Originally Posted by 87NassauBlue
I used enamel reducer to wash all of it out. I did mine and even siamesed the lower intake. Man what a PITA. aluminum needles everwhere. I was never so glad to have that job finished. I never want to do that again. But the car runs like hell now. To really reap the benefits of your work, You will need to upgrade everything in the air path of the engine, Intake and exhaust. Good luck

I already have the exhaust done. Long tube SLP's and 3" all the way back, with muffler elim's. Just gotta figure out which way I want to go with the Intake. Was thinking bout the ram style threw the front plate, but am thinking from all I've read on the form that the "bang for the buck" isnt really there.
Old 02-21-2005, 07:05 AM
stock86vette
Instructor

Originally Posted by 65Z01
Take the parts to a pressure wash car wash and blast them.
Thats what I was assuming. Just didn't want to get an *** chewin from form members when I posted how I cleaned it.....

Get notified of new replies

To Started My Plenum & Runner Porting Tonight!

Quick Reply: Started My Plenum & Runner Porting Tonight!