C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Trans service

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2005, 09:33 PM
notherc4
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trans service

Info: 94 LT1 w/ M30 auto trans. I just did a drain, filter, and fill trans service and my tech said I should put a trans additive in it to soften the seals. Now I wasnt having any problems but it was getting pretty burnt and there were, as he said, "kind of a lot" of shavings in the pan. It seems to be running fine and shifting ok so any advice on an additive or should I not add anything.
Old 02-19-2005, 09:36 PM
Pete K
Race Director

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

If trans is working fine, "I" would only use tranny fluid and NO additives. Others may disagree.
Old 02-20-2005, 09:10 AM
VetteTech81
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by notherc4
Info: 94 LT1 w/ M30 auto trans. I just did a drain, filter, and fill trans service and my tech said I should put a trans additive in it to soften the seals. Now I wasnt having any problems but it was getting pretty burnt and there were, as he said, "kind of a lot" of shavings in the pan. It seems to be running fine and shifting ok so any advice on an additive or should I not add anything.
Excellent choice on colors, mine ia 95' AB, w/ the A4. I would use the additive. Having said that, I havn't seen any problems from using BG's cleaner and conditioner when doing trans flushes. This has been over the last 5 years. Now does the conditioner help? Who knows they all seemed to shift fine with no problems. But they might work just the same with out it. Anyway, I know the trans failure all to well mine blew about 2 months after I bought it. So good luck, hopefully it stays togther for you for a while.
-=Rick

Get notified of new replies

To Trans service

Quick Reply: Trans service