C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Two Different IAC Valves?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2005, 05:21 PM
AimHi
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Two Different IAC Valves?

My 95 has been idling poorly so I pulled the IAC cleaned it and put it back in. Total PITA without removing the throttle body. Well, the idle cleared up for a day or two but is rough again. I went down to Advance Auto and they carry 2 different parts for the 95 IAC Valve. Has anyone else encountered this? The counter help couldn't tell me the difference, just that it would take 2 days to get either. Is there anywhere else to get the correct IAC?
Old 02-02-2005, 06:30 PM
bogus
Team Owner

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

well, yea... call Chris May at Superior Chevy, 1.800.728.8267

Tell him you are a forum member and that I said "hi".
Old 02-02-2005, 06:31 PM
twkeough
Instructor

I`d call your local chevy parts department to get the correct number you need
Old 02-02-2005, 06:45 PM
Corvette Kid
Large Impressive Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Good health is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die
Received 68 Likes on 34 Posts
St. Jude Donor '04-'05-'06-'07

This is why I don't go to Advance for anything more complicated than wheel cleaner. "The best part is our people" Yeah right, what's the worst part then? One is probably for vin code P, LT1 and the other for J, LT5. I wonder if the help at these cheesy parts stores could find their own *** with both hands, if it wasn't on a computer screen.....
Old 02-02-2005, 06:53 PM
MikeC4
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by AimHi
My 95 has been idling poorly so I pulled the IAC cleaned it and put it back in. Total PITA without removing the throttle body. Well, the idle cleared up for a day or two but is rough again. I went down to Advance Auto and they carry 2 different parts for the 95 IAC Valve. Has anyone else encountered this? The counter help couldn't tell me the difference, just that it would take 2 days to get either. Is there anywhere else to get the correct IAC?
Here's the deal, there were 2 types used in '95. The main difference is in the connector. The first type connector has the 4 pins in a straight line. The other type connector looks like a square, with two pins on top and two pins on bottom. Check your connector to see which one you need to order, either 4-pin flat type connector, or the 4-pin in-line(flat) connector. I have no idea why they changed this during same model year, but chances are that GM got a better deal by switching from one connector to another, or they ran out of supply..it's all about $

Old 02-02-2005, 06:58 PM
CFI-EFI
Race Director

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

I went down to Advance Auto and they carry 2 different parts for the 95 IAC Valve. Is there anywhere else to get the correct IAC?
I don't know if any of this information carries forward 11 years or not. My service manual shows three different style pintles and two different wiring connectors. My parts book doesn't go to 1995, or I'd try to look up the part number. You MAY have to take the old one with you to compare to the two options.

RACE ON!!!
Old 02-03-2005, 04:56 AM
884fun
Pro

There are three different pinacals that have been used. Match your old one up with a new one so you get the same shape. Some come to a point, others have a blunt end and the third is like a ball cap on a stick.

Get notified of new replies

To Two Different IAC Valves?

Quick Reply: Two Different IAC Valves?