C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Went to tune my car today- Found something weird

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2014, 10:40 PM
vl5150
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Went to tune my car today- Found something weird

I dusted off my Moates APU-1 to tune for my recently installed LTR intake. I did my baseline datalog and the histogram looked like a Christmas tree--intermixed random red and green histogram boxes on Datamaster. I expected the while datalog to just be lean across the board to this was very unexpected. My last scan back in November was perfected with a slight rich leaning if anything. So I pulled the chip and read it and the VE tables weren't what I originally burned into the chip and the VE tables were all over the place. So it looks like the chip became corrupted. I was able to burn my updates to this chip and it's holding up, but I do plan to change it out tomorrow, I guess my computer was doing some crazy corrections, lol

Question is has anyone seen this happen where the chip became corrupted? These are the chips from Moates and not the Ebay counterfeits.
Old 08-11-2014, 03:52 PM
MrWillys
Drifting

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

I've never experienced it, but if voltage was mistakenly run through it it is possible. Are you using the 27SF512? One thing I have noticed in Datamaster is it can show green and still be below 128.
Old 08-11-2014, 11:47 PM
vl5150
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes, that's the chip. And I've noticed that as well. Wrong color when it's actually rich. I didn't see that the last time I tuned. At any rate, I have one of my spare chips in and it's getting to where it needs to be.

Get notified of new replies

To Went to tune my car today- Found something weird

Quick Reply: Went to tune my car today- Found something weird