C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

WHat software for 95 LT-1

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2014, 08:39 PM
8valve
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Default WHat software for 95 LT-1

I have a 95 LT-1, 6 speed. All I want to do is read engine perimeters such as BLM etc and trouble codes. I have no desire to program anything into the computer, nor do I have the knowledge.

I used Tunerpro version 4 on my 87 auto. It worked beautiful. NOt being able to find and defs for version 4, I loaded Tunerpro RT Version 5 when I got my 95. It connects and I get good date once in a while, but mostly I get connect/disconnect which gives all kinds of errors. I am using a Windows XP with RS-232 serial cable. I have also tried the USB connection, both with a ALDL cable.

I have searched on many sites for information, they all are talking programming this and that, inserting wait states. They might as well be speaking Chinese.

Does anyone have the needed files for Tunerpro version 4 that will dependably run on a 95 LT-1 ? Or is there better software for my needs/wants as described above.

I just want to read codes (yes I know I can use a paper clip) and see engine operating perimeters.

What are you guys using on you 95 LT-1, 6 Speeds ?

Many Thanks for your help
8Valve
Old 08-02-2014, 10:28 PM
STL94LT1
Race Director

Received 81 Likes on 71 Posts

I use Datamaster.

http://www.ttspowersystems.com/DataMaster.html
Old 08-03-2014, 01:48 AM
Cliff Harris
Race Director

Received 342 Likes on 313 Posts

I believe the wait states are programmed into the definition file, so you shouldn't have to mess with that if the definition file is set up correctly.
Old 08-03-2014, 10:37 PM
8valve
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Cliff Harris
I believe the wait states are programmed into the definition file, so you shouldn't have to mess with that if the definition file is set up correctly.
I am sure Tunerpro rt works on 95's. Where do you suggest I get new def files that are known to work well on 95's. From what I have found searching, it appears CCM chatter (whatever that is) causes the connect/disconnect, errors. I am not a programmer, have no idea what they are talking about. I just want to down load the proper files and read engine perimeters and trouble codes. Can you help me ?

Thank You
8Valve

Get notified of new replies

To WHat software for 95 LT-1

Quick Reply: WHat software for 95 LT-1