C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Is this a stock chip???

Old 07-18-2014, 02:12 PM
kitttransam
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Is this a stock chip???

After switching to a custom tuned memcal on my 89 corvette I suspect the one I took out of my ECM is not the stock one. I have no way to read it but I have a pic. Reason I suspect is because of the tcc lockup difference. Was told my new chip had stock tcc settings which engages much sooner then the chip I took out. Just curious since I don't know the history of my car before 2009.
Attached Images  
Old 07-18-2014, 04:37 PM
WVZR-1
Team Owner

Received 2,254 Likes on 2,017 Posts

Originally Posted by kitttransam
After switching to a custom tuned memcal on my 89 corvette I suspect the one I took out of my ECM is not the stock one. I have no way to read it but I have a pic. Reason I suspect is because of the tcc lockup difference. Was told my new chip had stock tcc settings which engages much sooner then the chip I took out. Just curious since I don't know the history of my car before 2009.
The handwritten information in the "window" indicates it's something other than stock in most circumstances. OE/GM would have had a silver label with he PROM code printed on it.
Old 07-18-2014, 05:09 PM
kitttransam
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That's what I figured. After I found pics online of the stock ones.

Get notified of new replies

To Is this a stock chip???

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Is this a stock chip???