C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Could my AE be toooo Rich?

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2014, 06:12 PM
MikeT 90 C4sixer
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Could my AE be toooo Rich?

Well i tried a new chip recently, and changed maybe too many things at once. I been reading up on AE, and saved an article that someone wrote, maybe on TGO. Explains how AE is calculated and what the tables/scalers do. There is alot involved with it, and it was geared towards the $8D tdf. So i made a bunch of changes giving it more pumpshot, mostly gave it more pulse width. But with 2 chips i made, it was real rich, black smoke, and puked or died when i gave throttle.
At first i thought it was a bad burn of the PROM. Then re-burn did not work either. Put in an older chip, known to work, it smoothed right out.
Now i will accept that too rich of tune will cause my condition.
I think what i will do is start over with that last good bin, and just make a few other changes that i want. Leave the AE stuff alone. I was just trying something, see if i could get a little more pump shot. Maybe i went too rich on my changes?
Those were my settings for AE TPS factor vs Ref Pulse. That table supposedly makes a big effect on the AE PW. I made changes to 2 other tables for multipliers of coolant PW and the delta TPS.
I just like experimenting. Some things work and some dont!
Old 06-06-2014, 08:05 PM
MikeT 90 C4sixer
Racer

Well tonight burned a new chip, just changing a few little things, but left the AE stuff stock. Car started and seemed to run fine, but i didnt drive it. Anyone have some insight on AE settings?
Old 06-07-2014, 04:15 PM
MrWillys
Drifting

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

I could create a speed density file if you give me an idea what it's for? You could review and see what I do.
Old 06-07-2014, 08:13 PM
MikeT 90 C4sixer
Racer

Originally Posted by MrWillys
I could create a speed density file if you give me an idea what it's for? You could review and see what I do.
I really dont want anyone to make a bin for me. I just cannot believe how i changed some AE tables, it made it that rich when i blip the throttle. I been trying to read up on the AE stuff. Just tried to use common logic and give it more PW during AE.
Old 06-07-2014, 08:36 PM
MrWillys
Drifting

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeT 90 C4sixer
I really dont want anyone to make a bin for me. I just cannot believe how i changed some AE tables, it made it that rich when i blip the throttle. I been trying to read up on the AE stuff. Just tried to use common logic and give it more PW during AE.
Here's mine.
http://www.scotthansen.net/july302013.bin
You'll note the small amount I add to the AE delta TPS multi vs delta TPS
Old 06-07-2014, 09:47 PM
MikeT 90 C4sixer
Racer

Originally Posted by MrWillys
Here's mine.
http://www.scotthansen.net/july302013.bin
You'll note the small amount I add to the AE delta TPS multi vs delta TPS
I see the changes you made to that table. I made similar changes, maybe even more aggressive. Also, your table of AE MAP factor mult vs % TPS is all 1.0......mine has 1.33, 2.00,2.00,1.33,1.00. I read that the values in this table are automatically halved in the calculation.

the table that makes the MOST change to the AE PW is AE TPS factor vs ref pulse. Most bins i have seen have 3.98 in the first row(max allowed) then have 0.50 for the rest of the pulses. What i did was take this table and make a linear graph down to 0.50 for the last pulse. See my values in the first post. I'm guessing this was too much PW for my engine.
Old 06-18-2014, 04:19 PM
Rohn
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I read if AE is too fat it will cause the INT to fall to a lower value during event...
Old 06-18-2014, 08:25 PM
MikeT 90 C4sixer
Racer

Originally Posted by Rohn
I read if AE is too fat it will cause the INT to fall to a lower value during event...
Interesting......should be easy to see that. I really need to get my laptop on my C4, and see what is going on. But first gotta get my fuel PR issue figured out first.....just need time!
Old 06-19-2014, 12:34 AM
Cliff Harris
Race Director

Received 341 Likes on 312 Posts

The basic procedure is to log your AFR and see what percentage change is needed. You need a wideband O2 sensor to do this.

In logs I've seen recently, the ECM locks the BLMs and INT to 128 at WOT, so that won't tell you anything.
Old 06-19-2014, 08:48 PM
MikeT 90 C4sixer
Racer

Originally Posted by Cliff Harris
The basic procedure is to log your AFR and see what percentage change is needed. You need a wideband O2 sensor to do this.

In logs I've seen recently, the ECM locks the BLMs and INT to 128 at WOT, so that won't tell you anything.
All correct here.

Get notified of new replies

To Could my AE be toooo Rich?

Quick Reply: Could my AE be toooo Rich?