C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Canister Purging

Old 05-23-2014, 04:00 PM
MikeT 90 C4sixer
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Canister Purging

In looking at some scalers for the canister purge feature, i see both of the enable and disable MAP scalers are set to 0 kPA? Why would that be? Seems like the function would never work, if they were both set to 0. There are several other canister scalers, and they look like they are set to reasonable numbers. ARFP bin with $8D. I am getting back into the PROM thing, so time to start fine tuning. Most of my settings are still stock.
Old 05-24-2014, 02:00 AM
Cliff Harris
Race Director

Received 341 Likes on 312 Posts

It all depends on how the code was written. They do a lot of weird stuff, many times to disable a function.

From what I've seen the main parameters for canister purge are minimum MPH, minimum coolant temperature and minimum TPS.
Old 05-24-2014, 09:05 PM
MikeT 90 C4sixer
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Cliff Harris
It all depends on how the code was written. They do a lot of weird stuff, many times to disable a function.

From what I've seen the main parameters for canister purge are minimum MPH, minimum coolant temperature and minimum TPS.
Yea, agree, have seen some weird stuff. I looked at cupala other bins, and they all have the same settings. I will likely just leave it alone!
Thanks

Get notified of new replies

To Canister Purging

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Canister Purging