C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Desperately seeking east-coast L98 tuner

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2014, 08:22 PM
rrubel
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Desperately seeking east-coast L98 tuner

I've had a project '86 with a totally custom engine that's been working kinda-OK with a mail-order tune for a few years, but I really really want to get in touch with a place that has a dyno and the knowledge to finally make everything right.

Part of the reason is that right now whenever something goes wrong and the car runs poorly (such as right now), I don't know if it's a tune issue, a sensor issue, a something-else issue, or what... my sometimes-mechanic has been very patient but there's only so much he can do.

There is a place near me (F-body Central in Baltimore) which has the requisite dyno but there's nobody left working there with an understanding of L98 tuning.

I can provide specs if anyone thinks they want to take a stab at long-distance tuning... but I'm also willing to drive some distance to a shop which can do it all. The other local places that I know of (Capitol Corvettes, Tony's Corvettes) are no longer in business as far as I can tell.

Many thanks!
[RICHR]
Old 04-03-2014, 12:31 PM
just joe 2
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

pm sent
Old 04-05-2014, 08:48 AM
rrubel
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts