C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

What is my total timing?

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2014, 10:53 PM
DanielRicany
Melting Slicks

Received 36 Likes on 34 Posts
Default What is my total timing?

Hey guys, I want to know what my total timing is here on this table. Can you point out which RPM and Load it is at and the Spark Advance degree number?

My base timing is 10* by the way.

I know how to get total timing from a non computer controlled distributor, but I wanted to know where it was at on this table.

Thanks!
Attached Images  
Old 04-01-2014, 12:03 AM
MrWillys
Drifting

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

The far right two to three columns which appear to be 28.83 + 10 initial is a total of 38.83 which is alot of timing for a fresh build with 10:1 compression. Bring it down to 26 and the add from there should you have a way of documenting performance. Right is no vacuum, and left is high vacuum.

Tell me how to do a screen shot?
Old 04-01-2014, 11:18 AM
DanielRicany
Melting Slicks

Received 36 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by MrWillys
The far right two to three columns which appear to be 28.83 + 10 initial is a total of 38.83 which is alot of timing for a fresh build with 10:1 compression. Bring it down to 26 and the add from there should you have a way of documenting performance. Right is no vacuum, and left is high vacuum.

Tell me how to do a screen shot?
Thanks! And if you have Windows Vista or newer go to Start > All Programs > Accessories > Snipping Tool
Old 04-01-2014, 08:36 PM
bjankuski
Safety Car

Received 465 Likes on 368 Posts

Originally Posted by DanielRicany
Hey guys, I want to know what my total timing is here on this table. Can you point out which RPM and Load it is at and the Spark Advance degree number?

My base timing is 10* by the way.

I know how to get total timing from a non computer controlled distributor, but I wanted to know where it was at on this table.

Thanks!
You need to be careful on some of the tunerpro files list total timing which includes the base timing and some do not. You also need to understand if your base timing is set at 10 degrees or some other number in the chip to make sure you have the correct number of total advance. The stock base timing in the chip is set for 6 degrees, if that still reads six degrees and you have your base timing at 10 degrees then you have to add 4 degrees to every point in this table. My assumption would be that your table is showing the total timing and including the base into that number so you need to verify that.

If you want to verify what you have look at your idle timing tables and see what they are set to then use a timing gun with adjustable advance and see what it is reading at idle.

Another way to verify (since you can burn your own chips) is to set the entire table at 20 degrees, make sure your base advance matches your initial in the scalers and then see what the timing light is displaying.
Old 04-01-2014, 09:15 PM
MrWillys
Drifting

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

Good advice, and the initial timing is in the constants table.
Old 04-02-2014, 08:04 AM
bjankuski
Safety Car

Received 465 Likes on 368 Posts

Originally Posted by MrWillys
Good advice, and the initial timing is in the constants table.
My mistake I agree, look in constants for initial timing.

Get notified of new replies

To What is my total timing?

Quick Reply: What is my total timing?