C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Wot afr

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2014, 01:05 AM
Cliff Harris
Race Director

Received 342 Likes on 313 Posts

The 1227165 ECM has the following inputs:

Pin D8 - ADC Channel 0, MAP2
Pin A6 - ADC Channel 1, Ignition voltage
Pin D7 - ADC Channel 2, O2 sensor voltage
Pin C11 - ADC Channel 3, MAP
Pin C10 - ADC Channel 4, Coolant sensor
Pin C13 - ADC Channel 5, TPS voltage
Pin B2 - ADC Channel 6, Fuel pump voltage
Pin A9 - ADC Channel 7, ALDL pin B voltage
Pin C12 - ADC Channel 8, MAT Temp
Pin B11 - ADC Channel 9, ESC
Pin B12 - ADC Channel 10, MAF voltage

You will probably have to do some math to convert what the ECM thinks it's seeing to something that makes sense (like AFR). My car does not use the MAP inputs, so those are obvious choices. I have heard of people using the MAT input because it's only used for EGR enable. One advantage of using this one is that the wiring is already in the engine compartment.

I have a Powerdex AFX and the output is 0 to 5 volts, corresponding to 9.0 to 16.0 AFR. Fortunately the output is linear so the math is very simple.
Old 04-30-2014, 02:16 AM
tunedport85inject
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

guys the Innovate Lc-1 has a gauge output for the dash gauge,a serial output TO USB that allow you to use the bundle software Logworks,more there's an O2 output to use your wideband heated sensor as your ECM o2sensor.i've used for a while my wideband as ON car o2 sensor. i've used the stock o2 sensor pin on ECM and disconnected the stock narrowband .As for datalogging AFR you can simply use Logworks that comes with LC-1
[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by tunedport85inject; 04-30-2014 at 05:14 AM.
Old 05-05-2014, 11:33 PM
jsiddall
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by DanielRicany
Yes that does seem too rich. Not sure how to modify it on the 165, but my tuner told me he wanted 13:1.

Some people say low 12s, high 12s, low 13s, mid 13s.

I have been through them all. I think I can feel a little more power with 13.5:1, but I fear it might be too lean and could possibly damage my engine over time, so I'm shooting for 13:1.
11.8 is on the rich side but still inside the MBT (mean best torque) band which means your engine is safe (that's a good thing) and you are getting essentially the best power you can out of it (that's what MBT is). There is no advantage I can see to going leaner. Definitely don't go any more lean than the lean end of MBT which is about 12.8.

Originally Posted by MikeT 90 C4sixer
Target AFR is not the same as actual AFR. how are you measuring actual AFR? do you have a WB O2 sensor? the target AFR rarely matches the actual. Most tables create a much richer target than what is actual. but i agree with *****, shoot for 12.5 for WOT AFR. the 2 tables that were mentioned create the "commanded PE AFR", via a calculation. if you want to get serious in tuning the WOT AFR, you need a WB.
Correct. Look at actual values.

Originally Posted by cumbercr
I have an Innovate LC-2 controller. I had no idea you could wire into the 165 ECM. I'm really curious how you did it. Correlating AFR to all the other outputs would be extremely useful.
You are all set then! The LC-2 has this feature:

*Two fully programmable linear analog outputs to connect to analog gauges, dyno computers, ECUs, piggyback controllers, and other devices with analog inputs. Analog Output #1 (Yellow) is configured as 0 volt = 7.35 AFR and 5 volts = 22.39 AFR; Analog Output #2 (Brown) 1.1 volt = 14 AFR and .1 volt = 15 AFR. With the provided LM Programmer software these analog outputs may also be configured by the user.

Bottom line is the analog 2 output is setup to emulate a narrowband sensor and can be directly connected to the narrowband input of the PCM.
Old 05-06-2014, 08:49 PM
MikeT 90 C4sixer
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Cliff Harris
The 1227165 ECM has the following inputs:

Pin D8 - ADC Channel 0, MAP2
Pin A6 - ADC Channel 1, Ignition voltage
Pin D7 - ADC Channel 2, O2 sensor voltage
Pin C11 - ADC Channel 3, MAP
Pin C10 - ADC Channel 4, Coolant sensor
Pin C13 - ADC Channel 5, TPS voltage
Pin B2 - ADC Channel 6, Fuel pump voltage
Pin A9 - ADC Channel 7, ALDL pin B voltage
Pin C12 - ADC Channel 8, MAT Temp
Pin B11 - ADC Channel 9, ESC
Pin B12 - ADC Channel 10, MAF voltage

You will probably have to do some math to convert what the ECM thinks it's seeing to something that makes sense (like AFR). My car does not use the MAP inputs, so those are obvious choices. I have heard of people using the MAT input because it's only used for EGR enable. One advantage of using this one is that the wiring is already in the engine compartment.

I have a Powerdex AFX and the output is 0 to 5 volts, corresponding to 9.0 to 16.0 AFR. Fortunately the output is linear so the math is very simple.
I have the analog out#1 going to my 165 ECM pin D8. I think it was an unused input. My definition file is modified to read the AFR at that location. I think my datalogged MAT is stuck at -40 because the modified code used it for AFR display. You have to program the output in your AFR controller, to the correct ratios, to get it to come out right. I tweaked it a little bit over the winter, but have not datalogged yet. Also, i changed the AFR for E10, but i think i am going back to pure gas, since it is available now locally for me.

Last edited by MikeT 90 C4sixer; 05-07-2014 at 08:56 PM.
Old 07-03-2014, 01:59 PM
shinzon
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

with my car i noticed when the car below peak to torque peak torque rpm it likes 12.5-12.3 afr. up top like after 4.5-4.8 to red line it made more power with below 12.0 afr. all cars are different and intake/exhaust componants make a difference. if ur car makes more power with 11.0 afr then 12.0 afr then thats what u should be at. just make sure ur using a wb to adjust afr and limit the knock to 1-3 counts.

Quick Reply: Wot afr