C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Injector Offset Correction

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2014, 12:51 PM
cumbercr
Melting Slicks

Received 66 Likes on 45 Posts

Default Injector Offset Correction

I decided to do an injector experiment. I originally used 42# injectors on my 85 396 Super Ram build. The idle has always been somewhat rich which is problematic when trying to pass smog. I recently upgraded my ECM to a 165 with an ARAP 6E bin in the hope that the additional tuning parameters would give me a little more control over the idle mixture. I was able to get everything but the idle where I wanted it. So I can't help but wonder if this is due to the injector size.

Then I discovered a coolant leak in the intake gasket. So the intake had to come off. So I got this bright idea to swap back to some 24# Bosch IIIs I had on the shelf. I adjusted the tune for the smaller injectors and did some data logging. The engine is running lean between 8 and 35 gms/sec of air flow. At higher RPMs and air flow the tune looks pretty good. There's no leaning out at WOT. So I think these injectors are big enough. The problem is that I am unable to adjust MAF tables 1 and 2 to enrich the mixture. I'm hitting the maximum values (23 on MAF 1) and still have BLMs around 133-135. My BPW is around 2.0-2.5. Is there a way to increase BPW in that range? The Low Pulse Width Injector Offset vs. BPW doesn't make sense to me.
Old 02-11-2014, 02:19 PM
MrWillys
Drifting

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

Why not change from 24 to 23 in the programming to richen it up.
Old 02-11-2014, 05:45 PM
bjankuski
Safety Car

Received 465 Likes on 368 Posts

You can do what Mr. ****** suggested, be aware that it will make the entire tune richer. You can also change the low pulse width injector offset vs. BPW to be richer at 2.0ms and 2.5ms to add in additional fuel. This is a pulse width adder that takes into account the injector response time to add in additional pulse width when the injectors are being pulsed for short times. If you need more fuel and at 2.0 ms and your blm is 135 then 135/128 is a 5% additional fuel correction. Adding 100 micro seconds to that table at 2.0ms should correct your problem and it will not richen up the upper RPM range.

Get notified of new replies

To Injector Offset Correction

Quick Reply: Injector Offset Correction