C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

where to buy x pipe

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2006, 10:23 PM
KCHOTBOAT
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default where to buy x pipe

Just put on some magnaflow mufflers and still want to hear alittle more. I what to replace the resonator with an x pipe but can't seem to find them. Anyone know where I can find one or do I need to have one made?
Old 05-04-2006, 11:29 PM
4REGT4
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Personally I got one of the magnaflow 3" x-pipes (I got it off eBay). It will need to be spliced and re-welded back together to fit the stock LT1 exhaust... I had taken a picture in the past of what it ended up looking like, but I seem to have lost/deleted it somehow... perhaps I will take a new picture tomorrow... - - - but don't expect much of a volume increase. Doing this will mostly just add some rasp to the tone not increase the volume much... however, the x-pipe does seem to add a little bit of power to the car - yet if you are doing this strictly for volume it may be better just to straight pipe it or fab up your own h-pipe if you can do that... From what I have read - a bunch of people seem to add x-pipes to aftermarket cat backs to quiet the exhaust...

Anyway - to use the magnoflow x-pipe it would be best if you could take the exhaust down... otherwise it will be hard to do the final welding - - I ended up having to use a welding paste on the very top of each pipe (worked with no leaks)... you'll also need to add some extra piping onto the x-pipe to get it to fit...I chopped some 3" exhaust pipe into 4 6" pieces and prepared everything else accordingly.... but the x-pipe can also be positioned closer to the cats if you prefer and your lengths may be different... (these things are in NO WAY a direct fit out of the box - but much cheaper than anything else I found at the time). I have access to lots of machines (in this case I used a - band saw - belt sander - mig and tig welders - sawzall - chop saw) - and this was not difficult due to that - - - without those I doubt I could have properly fabricated a well made x-pipe out of the 3" magnoflow x-pipe.... If I can take a picture tomorrow of the final product it may speak for itself... I will try to locate the x-pipe i used online right now and add a link... - - - feel free to ask any questions...

EDIT: - http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Magna...spagenameZWDVW - - this is the person I got it from... the tiny picture they give isn't great (and may not be the same size), but it may help to compare when I post my photos... - - I actually may go to my garage in a moment and see if garage light and a flash will snap an adequate shot...

Last edited by 4REGT4; 05-05-2006 at 12:05 AM.
Old 05-04-2006, 11:43 PM
pipe
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

www.drgass.com
Old 05-04-2006, 11:54 PM
4REGT4
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by pipe

www.drgass.com does not appear to be working for me (it says "This domain-name has been registered recently.

Unfortunately there is no website available yet.

We are sorry for the inconvenience - please visit us again later!")

... I took some shots with the car on the ground... once I upload them to a host I'll post the links...

EDIT::: - - my pics...

http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=5/12323570816.jpg&s=f5

http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=5/12323572852.jpg&s=f5

http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=5/12323574457.jpg&s=f5

Hope this helps.... - - Also note - I just took out my spare tire to lighten the car a bit and that also helped add some exhaust volume to the cabin...

Last edited by 4REGT4; 05-05-2006 at 12:19 AM.
Old 05-05-2006, 12:11 AM
goldeneye_vet
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My X-pipe was made at the muffler shop. Any competent shop should be able to do that in short order for a decent price.
Old 05-05-2006, 12:13 AM
4REGT4
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by goldeneye_vet
My X-pipe was made at the muffler shop. Any competent shop should be able to do that in short order for a decent price.

- - - But I have no idea what they would charge... and I have met plenty of muffler shop employees that are NOT "competent." But if you don't have your own equipment there is no choice... Again - x-pipe may not be the direction you need to go...

Last edited by 4REGT4; 05-05-2006 at 12:18 AM.
Old 05-05-2006, 12:59 AM
pipe
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry www.drgas.com try that. I bought my Y pipe from them a little expensive but good stuff Pipe
Old 05-05-2006, 02:03 AM
4REGT4
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by pipe
Sorry www.drgas.com try that. I bought my Y pipe from them a little expensive but good stuff Pipe

Just took a look - - - looks like promising stuff... especially if they can make one fit to order... but more than twice what I paid... though still cheaper than B&B and such...
Old 05-05-2006, 08:58 AM
Legion21
Advanced

here's another source. I have a 3" on my car
www.advancedautocc.com

Greg
Old 05-05-2006, 09:37 AM
KCHOTBOAT
Racer

Thanks guys.
Old 05-05-2006, 09:59 AM
RacerX70CC
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I have 2-3/4" X-pipes (only a few left now!), PM me if you're interested. (Note... I will be away from my computer for the next two days, so keep that in mind). Several CFers are running my X-pipe already, so ask around.
Old 05-05-2006, 10:42 AM
KCHOTBOAT
Racer

Originally Posted by RacerX70CC
I have 2-3/4" X-pipes (only a few left now!), PM me if you're interested. (Note... I will be away from my computer for the next two days, so keep that in mind). Several CFers are running my X-pipe already, so ask around.
Pm sent. I will get in touch with you next week then.

Get notified of new replies

To where to buy x pipe

Quick Reply: where to buy x pipe