Notices
C4 Parts for Sale/Wanted C4 Corvette Performance Parts, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, OEM, Aftermarket

Warning: Vette Parts Scam

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2004, 08:16 AM
David(TX)
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LT4BUD,

I am not sure dupe is correct. I know that I did not expect that some one would be so openly a crook.
Old 08-31-2004, 06:05 PM
David(TX)
Intermediate

Default Scam at Carlisle

I believe that Carl with Vette Parts Online may be at Carlisle. If anyone sees him please mention that you know of his failure to deliver on what he takes money for.

Thanks!
Old 09-01-2004, 06:45 PM
ZAD54
Drifting

Originally Posted by David(TX)
I believe that Carl with Vette Parts Online may be at Carlisle. If anyone sees him please mention that you know of his failure to deliver on what he takes money for.

Thanks!

It sure would be nice to stand in front of his both all day and warn everyone that shows any interest in his products. That would really ruin his chance of ripping someone else off that weekend.
Old 09-02-2004, 08:42 AM
David(TX)
Intermediate

Default Carlisle

I agree it would be nice to hurt his business but the real goal is to stop anyone else from being a victom.

This is one incident were I do not mind being the last one to be taken. If the Corvette community can stop this one scam we are all better off.
if we are successful.

David Nelson
Old 09-02-2004, 10:51 AM
Cozmo
Team Owner

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
CentralTX Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

I agree it would be nice to hurt his business but the real goal is to stop anyone else from being a victom.

This is one incident were I do not mind being the last one to be taken. If the Corvette community can stop this one scam we are all better off.
if we are successful.

David Nelson
David,
thats pretty admirable of you. I hope everything works out and you get your money back or get your parts.

I look forward to seeing you (and the models) on the 12th.

Larry
Old 09-02-2004, 10:54 PM
TjTheodoroff
5th Gear

Default You could get him into court

most small claims court filling is online, i would try to file on line and see if anyone in the area would like to serve that guy the docs. That way if he chose not to show and you did . You would be awarded your claim buy default. Then you can put a lein on his bussiness. My boss got ripped off in a similar way for 5 grand. the guy has no bussiness now. the system dose work it just takes a little research. good luck. If i lived in florida i would certainly help.

tj
Old 09-02-2004, 11:04 PM
bogus
Team Owner

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

$2500.00 is a felony. And having used the post office, it's felony postal fraud. That simple. Once the funds amt exceeds $1000.00 it becomes a felony.

This bastard needs to be shut down.
Old 09-04-2004, 10:39 PM
ductape
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 91 Likes on 63 Posts
Cruise-In V Veteran

Originally Posted by bogus
$2500.00 is a felony. And having used the post office, it's felony postal fraud. That simple. Once the funds amt exceeds $1000.00 it becomes a felony.

This bastard needs to be shut down.
Call the Postal Inspectors. They can get him.
Old 09-05-2004, 05:25 AM
ShadowVette
Intermediate

I'm no vette expert. But NO ONE messes with my hard earned money or time, or my ability to FIX my car. If i were you, I would find the dick and scare the living crap out of him. Tell him that hes screwed, and that hes going to jail. You need to get on this. I would have been on this guy 1 week after not recieving my parts. Sometimes you have to get up close and personal, and let people know your not screwing around.

ShadowVette aka- Zach -
Old 09-08-2004, 05:31 PM
David(TX)
Intermediate

Default Update

Well is anyone suprised that I still do not have any parts or money. Carl now says that he is going to sue me for ???????????. He really does not have a reason except that he does not like what the Corvette Community is saying about him.

So........Call or e-mail him. If we can get enough messages through to him maybe he will start an honest business.

I am going to ask my attorney but I believe I will post his home phone number tomorrow.

David(TX)
Old 09-08-2004, 08:24 PM
tobijohn
Safety Car

St. Jude '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14

...I am going to ask my attorney but I believe I will post his home phone number tomorrow...
Post his home address as well so folks know where to find him...

Quick Reply: Warning: Vette Parts Scam