Notices
C4 Parts for Sale/Wanted C4 Corvette Performance Parts, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, OEM, Aftermarket

[IL] LT1 Heads

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2003, 12:50 PM
VetteTech81
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default [IL] LT1 Heads

Hey I have a set of LT1 Heads, their stock. Taken off of a running motor I picked up. The car had 46K miles the owner/ forum member installed a 383 stroker. I found out the stock lt1 had been rebuilt, the heads have over heating stamps on them from the rebuilder and there intact. I suspect these heads to have probably less then 10K miles on them because there was very very little carbon build up on the pistons and chambers. anyhow I am looking to sell local please make me an offer I will also be includeing the rockers with them these are complete heads valves, springs and rockers, all used from 46K mile motor car ran strong with these heads.

The reason I am selling is because I have a set of LT4 heads I will be using with this motor. I am taking offers and would like to sell local in IL
Thanks,
-Rick

[Modified by VetteTech81, 12:04 PM 9/1/2003]
Old 09-09-2003, 10:40 PM
VetteTech81
Le Mans Master

Default Re: [IL] LT1 Heads (VetteTech81)

[Modified by VetteTech81, 9:58 PM 9/19/2003]
Old 09-15-2003, 09:49 PM
VetteTech81
Le Mans Master

TTT.. Still For Sale,,, make an offer.. I will not ship can deliver if local in IL..
-Rick
Old 09-15-2003, 10:04 PM
bstirn
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What do you mean by overheating stamps . Are the heads good . What do you want for them
Old 09-15-2003, 10:28 PM
VetteTech81
Le Mans Master

Default Re: [IL] LT1 Heads (bstirn)

Yes the heads are fine.. The over heating stamps.. For lack of a better term... they kinda look like a wax stamp someone would use to seal and envelope.. it's to show the the heads have not been subject to overheating condtions kinda like a tamperproof lable to that the engine builder knows that the engine did not overheat..

The engine I took them off never seen overheating conditions was running strong when disassembled.. the owner installed a 383 and I got his old engine I went for a ride in the car before the engine was pulled.. I disassembled the motor myself.. because I am building an LT4 I will not be needing the heads and could use the cash to help fund the LT4 383 project.. The car had 46K miles on it.. when the motor was pulled.. and I found out that the motor had been rebuilt..there were several signs.. one the stamps on the heads.. 2 aftermarket freeze plugs, 3 1 piston was replaced.. stock bore and weight.. very little carbon build up inside this motor.. I was going to use these heads until I got a set of LT4 heads and an intake..

As for how much make me an offer if you want to see them, e-mail me and we could set something up.. but I am not shipping the heads. so it has to be local..
-Rick
Old 09-16-2003, 11:06 AM
bstirn
Racer

Why not ship
Old 09-16-2003, 11:04 PM
VetteTech81
Le Mans Master

Default Re: [IL] LT1 Heads (bstirn)

Because I don't have the time to box them, and send them out.. I work all day and evenings/weekends on side jobs.. I also would rather have them see the heads before they buy them so they know what they are getting...

So sorry.. I will not ship the heads.. and I'm not in a rush to get rid of them.. I was just looking to make some room and use some cash to fund my 383 project.. but if noone wants them then I'll hang onto them until someone wants them and makes me an offer..
-Rick
Old 09-19-2003, 10:47 PM
lspalding
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Rick, you really ought to offer to ship the heads. Just need some bubble wrap, extra cardboard, and lots of styrofoam peanuts. I'll come and help you while you're doing the brakes on my daughter's car.

Folks, the heads are as described. Came off my car. Ran so strong, I was crazy to change, but the allure of a 383 was :crazy:

Can also add some LT4 100 lb springs to the deal if someone is interested, new. Hey, Rick, I think you need these, no?
Old 09-19-2003, 10:54 PM
VetteTech81
Le Mans Master

Default Re: [IL] LT1 Heads (lspalding)

Ok, Len changed my mind.. I suppose I could ship them since noone local seems to need them right now.. I actually do have a box from the AFR heads I helped install. So i could easilly package these heads.. I would like to get some more funds for my 383 LT4 project otherwise it might just be a 355 LT4 project..

Someone make me an offer I can refuse.

Len, give me a call so we can set something up again for the brake job.

-Rick

[Modified by VetteTech81, 9:56 PM 9/19/2003]
Old 09-22-2003, 05:53 PM
bstirn
Racer

How much will you take for them . I dont know what there worth or if I can afford . email a price bkstirn@aol.com

Get notified of new replies

To [IL] LT1 Heads

Quick Reply: [IL] LT1 Heads