Notices
C4 Parts for Sale/Wanted C4 Corvette Performance Parts, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, OEM, Aftermarket

FS: Brand New ZR-1 LT5 DIS Modules

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2021, 05:54 PM
ccmano
Drifting

Received 90 Likes on 76 Posts

Default Brand New ZR-1 LT5 DIS Modules

For Sale are 2 (two) brand new DIS Modules. Have never been installed on an engine. Found at a parts auction. Mounting holes, connectors and pins show no indication of installation. $1199 each. Includes priority mail shipping in lower 48 states. PM if interested.
H

Old 04-15-2021, 09:51 AM
Bill Chase
Pro

Received 128 Likes on 104 Posts

Just curious, are these internally potted from gm, or can they be opened up and repaired? With electronics age is the enemy of electrolytic capacitors. Sometimes allowing them to sit with no voltage can cause more harm than actually using the items, same thing that fails in the older c4 bose amps. I know you lt5 guys have it bad, and spare parts are basically non existent, so if these can be opened up and access to the board is possible I would strongly suggest replacing all capacitors prior to use.
Old 04-15-2021, 10:44 AM
ccmano
Drifting

Originally Posted by Bill Chase
Just curious, are these internally potted from gm, or can they be opened up and repaired? With electronics age is the enemy of electrolytic capacitors. Sometimes allowing them to sit with no voltage can cause more harm than actually using the items, same thing that fails in the older c4 bose amps. I know you lt5 guys have it bad, and spare parts are basically non existent, so if these can be opened up and access to the board is possible I would strongly suggest replacing all capacitors prior to use.
Yes, they are internally potted. I have been involved with LT5's for over 15 years now and have never once heard of the failure of a NOS unit. Failure of this unit in general is rare. However finding one when a unit does go bad can challenging.
H

Last edited by ccmano; 04-15-2021 at 10:52 AM.
Old 04-17-2021, 11:23 AM
ccmano
Drifting

Ttt
h
Old 04-24-2021, 11:19 AM
ccmano
Drifting

Ttt

Get notified of new replies