Notices
C4 Parts for Sale/Wanted C4 Corvette Performance Parts, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, OEM, Aftermarket

**PLEASE READ**Vette2Vette update: Got my part!

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2002, 04:41 PM
needanother1
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default **PLEASE READ**Vette2Vette update: Got my part!

I received my pulley from Vette2Vette in todays mail, along with a check for $20. The part looks fine, and I'm going to send the check back to them since there's no reason for them refund my purchase price.

I had previously posted of my difficulty with this transaction here:
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/zerothread?id=392207

I have no idea what happened to the first part that was shipped, but if I do receive it I will return it. Honestly I don't know what to think about this experience. I was quick (probably too quick) to jump to the conclusion that I was being ripped off. It's happened to me before and seems way too common lately, so maybe I was a bit touchy. I do feel that it was a little bit unreasonable to have to wait that long on a part, no matter who was actually at fault.

Those reading this (or the other thread) should NOT form a negative opinion of Vette2vette based only on my experience. Perhaps they should request UPS shipping though....

----Jason

[Modified by needanother1, 8:47 PM 9/26/2002]
Old 09-26-2002, 06:59 PM
chucks88
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: **PLEASE READ**Vette2Vette update: Got my part! (needanother1)

good follow-up :cheers:
Old 09-26-2002, 07:17 PM
Corvette0096
Race Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

:cheers:
Old 09-26-2002, 08:44 PM
bogus
Team Owner

Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts

glad to hear it worked out!!!!

and them refunding you the $$ is a nice touch.
Old 09-26-2002, 09:06 PM
JonM
Melting Slicks

I think you and the Vette2Vette needed an anger managment class...I'll bet you were pissed and that made him pissed. Oh well, glad you guys kissed and made up. :rolleyes:
Old 09-26-2002, 09:45 PM
Not Stock
Instructor

Default Re: **PLEASE READ**Vette2Vette update: Got my part! (JonM)

I think you and the Vette2Vette needed an anger managment class...I'll bet you were pissed and that made him pissed. Oh well, glad you guys kissed and made up. :rolleyes:
I checked the link to vett2vette's feedback on e-bay and found that when they have a problem and receive a negitive feedback the respond with the same. This was the pattern and the customers to post the negitive all recieved their first negitive from Vette 2 Vette. With that said I would be very reluctant to deal with them based on the way they handle problems. The payment being returned is a nice touch thet woud have carried more weight if sent before the first post about the problem.
Old 09-27-2002, 12:17 AM
vette2vette.com
Advanced

Default Re: **PLEASE READ**Vette2Vette update: Got my part! (Not Stock)

No anger here!
Regarding the comments above about eBay feedback. Some customers have no mercy and will slam you with a negitive feedback before even giving you a chance to make things right, if they are not happy with their purchase.

If you actually read vette2vette ("corvettesalvage" on eBay) feedback rating and understand what the ratings are based on, percentages, Vette2Vette (corvettesalvage) carries over a 98% Positive feedback rating. http://cgi2.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAP...orvettesalvage

This accomplishment has been acknowledged by eBay, with a special awarded star. Click link... http://pages.ebay.com/services/buyan...ersellers.html

We are very proud of how we conduct business....and take pride in providing professionalism and quality used parts to whatever task our customers will entrust us with. We are not a big production, just a small mom & pop salvage yard and consider ourselves two of the hardest working people this country has ever known! We are still human, and will continue to steer the "ship" the best way we know how.

We are also sealed members of "Squaretrade" program, which acts on behalf of the customer as a "mediation" service if there is any problems. Check out the link below,
http://www.squaretrade.com/dis/jsp/d...d=008834929634

Remember there are always two sides to every story, and I do not know a single human that will allow themselves to get steam-rolled by "the customer" that is NOT willing to work it out. We are ALWAYS willing to work it out! I give you my word.... AND THATS WHAT OUR COUNTRY WAS BUILT ON.

Please take the time to read the comments posted by some of our "ACTUAL CUSTOMERS" in the first original postings...http://forums.corvetteforum.com/zerothread?id=397176

[Modified by vette2vette.com, 5:24 AM 9/27/2002]
Old 09-27-2002, 12:36 AM
BCinPhx
Racer

Default Re: **PLEASE READ**Vette2Vette update: Got my part! (vette2vette.com)

Interesting thread...glad all is well!
:)
Old 09-27-2002, 05:25 AM
gtsyellow
Melting Slicks

Default Re: **PLEASE READ**Vette2Vette update: Got my part! (BCinPhx)

some people are really gun happy on here. all these negitive posts with follow ups being positive are extremely irratating. chill out and discuss it in emails & try to resolve it before you post things ! :smash:

[Modified by gtsyellow, 1:26 AM 9/27/2002]
Old 09-27-2002, 04:13 PM
WINNER
Pro

Cruise-In II Veteran
Default Re: **PLEASE READ**Vette2Vette update: Got my part! (gtsyellow)

some people are really gun happy on here. all these negitive posts with follow ups being positive are extremely irratating. chill out and discuss it in emails & try to resolve it before you post things ! :smash:

:yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:
Old 09-27-2002, 05:35 PM
Robey5
Pro

Default Re: **PLEASE READ**Vette2Vette update: Got my part! (WINNER)

I would like to say that I have had very good service with this company. I went to their yard on a SUNDAY, a 6 hour drive, and scooped up a short block. When I yanked it apart, and looked at the pieces, it was appearant that the previous owner didn't like to change the oil, but the motor indeed was still in better than rebuild-able shape(~30k miles). I have not finished the build yet, but let me tell you that these people are very good to work with and very reasonable.

I have also had other things sent to me from them, and I have had really good luck.
Old 09-27-2002, 05:36 PM
Not Stock
Instructor

Default Re: **PLEASE READ**Vette2Vette update: Got my part! (WINNER)

:yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:
This is the guy you agree with:
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/zerothread?id=261915
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/zerothread?id=261924

Get notified of new replies

To **PLEASE READ**Vette2Vette update: Got my part!

Quick Reply: **PLEASE READ**Vette2Vette update: Got my part!