Notices
C4 Parts for Sale/Wanted C4 Corvette Performance Parts, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, OEM, Aftermarket

hood seals

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2013, 12:14 AM
nummy
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default hood seals

I'm looking for a set of hood seals - left and right side. I'm referring to the rubber blocks found on the early C4 Corvettes located near the door hinges.

On the driver's side, its the rubber piece that has to be moved away to remove the upper front fender bolt for battery replacement.

The link below shows the hood seal blocks I'm referring to on a red C4......look near the right of the battery. Apparently, GM stopped installling them sometime in the mid 90s. I want a set.

http://media.photobucket.com/image/r...earea12808.jpg

Can anyone tell me the part numbers, or where to locate a set?

Thanks !

nummy
Old 01-27-2013, 04:05 AM
Ray Quayle
- 1986 Original Owner -

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 113 Likes on 88 Posts
Cruise-In I Veteran
Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

Originally Posted by nummy
Can anyone tell me the part numbers
Seal, RR OTR-RH 14065082
Seal, RR OTR-LH 14065081

Used through MY 1988.
Old 01-27-2013, 05:16 AM
nummy
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ray Quayle
Seal, RR OTR-RH 14065082
Seal, RR OTR-LH 14065081

Used through MY 1988.
Thanks Ray -

I'm gonna' install a set on my 1996. I rode in an 84' model, and in my opinion, there was less road noise from the front tires.....supposedly the seals help to dampen vibration, and absorb a little sound. (I like the way they look too)

I already ordered a used set from a salvage yard. I was told they would fit all C4 Corvettes, from 1984 to 1996.

From the one photo I saw with them installed, it appeared there was also a top, horizontal piece, but I can't confirm that. (if there is, I might be screwed)

Apparently, the seals are merely held into place by a type of plastic push-in retainer. I will have to improvise something to attach them.

nummy
Old 01-27-2013, 09:15 AM
Red89'-L98
Burning Brakes

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
FL Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor'13

Originally Posted by nummy
I'm looking for a set of hood seals - left and right side. I'm referring to the rubber blocks found on the early C4 Corvettes located near the door hinges.

On the driver's side, its the rubber piece that has to be moved away to remove the upper front fender bolt for battery replacement.

The link below shows the hood seal blocks I'm referring to on a red C4......look near the right of the battery. Apparently, GM stopped installling them sometime in the mid 90s. I want a set.

http://media.photobucket.com/image/r...earea12808.jpg

Can anyone tell me the part numbers, or where to locate a set?

Thanks !

nummy
I am wondering what they do, and are they important? I am not good at finding parts by part numbers so maybe you could give me a link to them.

I am not trying to steal your thread just mine are in bad shape on my '89 corvette and I was wondering if they did anything special where they are need.

Thanks, Stephen

Get notified of new replies

To hood seals

Quick Reply: hood seals