Notices
C4 Parts for Sale/Wanted C4 Corvette Performance Parts, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, OEM, Aftermarket

F/S - modified, factory x-brace - NE ohio - local pick preferred.

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2012, 08:12 AM
Joe C
Race Director

Received 703 Likes on 590 Posts

Default F/S - modified, factory x-brace - NE ohio - local pick preferred.

SOLD - THANKS MIKE!

i have "modified" factory x-brace that i bought for my 96. i have since sold the car, and have no need for it now. i took this to a fab shop and had it boxed in using the same gauge metal (16 or 18 or ??? - don't remember). it was welded around the perimeter and then plug welded down the center about every 4-5 inches along the length. this thing is super stiff!!! i dressed down the welds on one member, but never got around to the other. once the welds are dressed, it would be ready for paint or undercoating. i have all factory brackets and spacers, and original front mounting hardware. for the rear mount, i have new bolts and rivnut inserts. here is a few pics on the one side.

shipping on this thing is going to be expensive - i'm guessing $100-$150, but i really don't know. add in the shipping, and this thing is cost prohibitive, so local pick-up is probably the way to go.

now the bad news - i really need to get $350 for the brace, so PM if there is any interest. thanks...

Last edited by Joe C; 09-15-2012 at 04:16 PM.
Old 08-31-2012, 02:19 PM
vettedank91
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default x brace

Hi u still have the x brace for sale my email banditgold1980@yahoo.com
Old 09-05-2012, 08:38 AM
dizwiz24
Race Director

Received 568 Likes on 443 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe C
i have "modified" factory x-brace that i bought for my 96. i have since sold the car, and have no need for it now. i took this to a fab shop and had it boxed in using the same gauge metal (16 or 18 or ??? - don't remember). it was welded around the perimeter and then plugged welded down the center about every 4-5 inches along the length. this thing is super stiff!!! i dressed down the welds on one member, but never got around to the other. once the welds are dressed, it would be ready for paint or undercoating. i have all factory brackets and spacers, and original front mounting hardware. for the rear mount, i have new bolts and rivnut inserts. here is a few pics on the one side.

shipping on this thing is going to be expensive - i'm guessing $100-$150, but i really don't know. add in the shipping, and this thing is cost prohibitive, so local pick-up is probably the way to go.

now the bad news - i really need to get $350 for the brace, so PM if there is any interest. thanks...
im local to you. (brimfield, ohio). Do you still have this?
Old 09-05-2012, 10:52 AM
Joe C
Race Director

Originally Posted by dizwiz24
im local to you. (brimfield, ohio). Do you still have this?
PM sent...
Old 09-07-2012, 09:38 AM
johndezman
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default factory x brace

is it still available? i'm in geauga county so i can pick up.

email me at johndezman@hotmail.com
Old 09-07-2012, 01:01 PM
Joe C
Race Director

Originally Posted by johndezman
is it still available? i'm in geauga county so i can pick up.

email me at johndezman@hotmail.com
i have a sale pending, and will know by saturday it the transaction goes through - i let everyone know by sunday AM...

Get notified of new replies

To F/S - modified, factory x-brace - NE ohio - local pick preferred.

Quick Reply: F/S - modified, factory x-brace - NE ohio - local pick preferred.