Notices
C4 Parts for Sale/Wanted C4 Corvette Performance Parts, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, OEM, Aftermarket

WTB: 1990 Automatic Neutral Safety Switch Pigtail

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2012, 04:18 PM
Narnian
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default WTB: 1990 Automatic Neutral Safety Switch Pigtail

Hey folks,

I need the pigtail (wiring harness connector) that the Neutral Safety Switch plugs into. I can get a partial dash harness for about $75.00, but all I need is that one plastic piece.

My Neutral safety switch somehow got hot enough to melt, and it melted the plastic connector with it. Now it doesn't make a solid connection so the car only starts when it wants to.
Old 06-21-2012, 10:54 PM
cadmaniac
Burning Brakes

Received 55 Likes on 47 Posts

I might have one. i swapped my auto to a 6 speed, so if i can find it, it's yours.
Old 06-25-2012, 07:01 PM
Narnian
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cadmaniac
I might have one. i swapped my auto to a 6 speed, so if i can find it, it's yours.
That would be awesome!

I've done a little homework. From what I understand the harness in any Automatic Corvette from 84 through 96 should use the same Neutral Safety switch, which means the connector will be the same as well. The same connector was also used in the Typhoon and Sonoma.

I've been meaning to take a photo of the pigtail, but it's been chaos at home for the last week. I'm not having any luck with the junkyards other than being offered a complete harness. I'm almost at the point of just soldering wires directly to the switch and tossing the pigtail.

Last edited by Narnian; 06-25-2012 at 07:42 PM. Reason: Left out details

Get notified of new replies

To WTB: 1990 Automatic Neutral Safety Switch Pigtail

Quick Reply: WTB: 1990 Automatic Neutral Safety Switch Pigtail