Notices
C4 Parts for Sale/Wanted C4 Corvette Performance Parts, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, OEM, Aftermarket

FS Chrome Sawblades

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2009, 03:56 PM
86PACER
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default FS Chrome Sawblades

Pair of 2 Chrome Sawblades. 17 x 9.5

Excellent condition. Center caps included.

$150 shipped.

Old 06-29-2009, 01:39 PM
Gary R
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm interested. The left one seems to have a dimple in it. Is that just a reflection in the chrome? Do you take Pay Pal? Gary
Old 06-29-2009, 03:23 PM
86PACER
Le Mans Master

Noting there. It's a reflection of the light fixture above me. Only defect is on outer bead.

Not showcar perfect, but good overall shape.

Paypal is my preference. More pics coming. Batteries went dead on camera.

Pics added:

Last edited by 86PACER; 06-29-2009 at 04:38 PM.
Old 06-29-2009, 05:06 PM
Gary R
Advanced

Thanks for the extra pictures. The new pictures put the wheels in the "good" catagory from the "excellent" catagory in the first pictures. I think I'll look around for a while. I now have stock wheels and have been considering something in chrome for a change.
Old 06-29-2009, 06:00 PM
jeffp1167
Safety Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Gary R
Thanks for the extra pictures. The new pictures put the wheels in the "good" catagory from the "excellent" catagory in the first pictures. I think I'll look around for a while. I now have stock wheels and have been considering something in chrome for a change.
just polish your stock wheels ain't that hard to do. 150 for those wheels is a good deal even in there condition. You will pay real high bucks for nice factory chromed wheels. I found a guy to chrome my 90 wheels but he wanted like 850 to do the set and for that I can polish mine in about 6 hours. downside is maintaining the polished wheels which I hate doing
Old 06-29-2009, 11:17 PM
Gary R
Advanced

Originally Posted by jeffp1167
just polish your stock wheels ain't that hard to do. 150 for those wheels is a good deal even in there condition. You will pay real high bucks for nice factory chromed wheels. I found a guy to chrome my 90 wheels but he wanted like 850 to do the set and for that I can polish mine in about 6 hours. downside is maintaining the polished wheels which I hate doing
I have already polished the outer rim part of my original wheels to a mirror finish. I'm with you on not wanting to maintain an entire wheel that way. That is why I'm looking for some chrome wheels. I was going to go with a newer style Z06 but we just returned from a poker run that had more C4's running that style wheel than stock. So I'm thinking I'll just find some chromed stock wheels.

I also didn't like the idea of keeping not only the front of the wheels polished but the total width of the Z06 wheels cleaned. You can easily see through the spokes. I also don't have the fine finished calipers.
Old 06-29-2009, 11:57 PM
jeffp1167
Safety Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Gary R
I have already polished the outer rim part of my original wheels to a mirror finish. I'm with you on not wanting to maintain an entire wheel that way. That is why I'm looking for some chrome wheels. I was going to go with a newer style Z06 but we just returned from a poker run that had more C4's running that style wheel than stock. So I'm thinking I'll just find some chromed stock wheels.

I also didn't like the idea of keeping not only the front of the wheels polished but the total width of the Z06 wheels cleaned. You can easily see through the spokes. I also don't have the fine finished calipers.
what about some cherry volkswagen steel rims with hubcaps that would be different ... just kidding of course .... buy these wheels and just polish where the chrome has peel, doubt anyone would really notice the difference
Old 07-02-2009, 11:38 PM
86PACER
Le Mans Master

Still available.
Old 07-03-2009, 08:40 AM
38dpark
Cruising

Default Chrome Rims

Where are the other 2? I would take a set of 4 in a heartbeat
Old 07-04-2009, 05:06 PM
86PACER
Le Mans Master

Sold.
Old 07-06-2009, 04:50 PM
CLMREG
Intermediate

How do I strip the clear off my aluminum in order to polish them?
Old 07-06-2009, 05:36 PM
86PACER
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by CLMREG
How do I strip the clear off my aluminum in order to polish them?
There is a product out there called "Aircraft Remover/Stripper". I think the hardware stores carry it. You apply with a clean paint brush. It starts to bubble and eat away the clear coat. Leave it on for a few minutes, work the loose clear off with a mild brush, then hose it off with a garden hose. Repeat as nessesary. Do not get this stuff on your hands. It burns. Now just polish up the bare aluminum.

Get notified of new replies

To FS Chrome Sawblades

Quick Reply: FS Chrome Sawblades