Notices
C4 Parts for Sale/Wanted C4 Corvette Performance Parts, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, OEM, Aftermarket

Bad dealings with grinditout

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2009, 07:36 PM
weburke
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bad dealings with grinditout

I have been on the forum for a few years and this is my first bad experience.

Sorry for the drama.

I had been working with grinditout (Paul Nelson) off and on last summer.
I would send him some small parts, pay shipping and he would cut me a check.
I figured he had been on the forum for a while so I had no problem fronting him the parts.

The last time I sent grinditout some parts he apparently had an issue with one of them.
The charcoal canister bracket I sent had a crack in it so he decided to keep the bracket and other items and not pay.
He avoided me for 6 months and never bothered to tell me he was not happy.
I sent him several PM's asking if he had received the parts.
He finally got back to me and let me know his feelings.

I'm not looking for a flame fest, but the fact is if you get something and don't pay that makes you a thief.
All this is over $20.00 in parts.
I'm not worried about the money, I just want other forum members to be aware of my experience with Paul.

Thanks,
Bill
Old 04-15-2009, 08:03 PM
LKoncar
Melting Slicks

WOW! Sorry to hear this. It's to bad issues like this pop up from time to time on this forum.

Overall we have a really great group of guys and gals on here. Hopefully something good will come out of this.

Peace,
Larry
Old 04-15-2009, 08:37 PM
M.J.L.
Safety Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10-'11

Originally Posted by LKoncar
WOW! Sorry to hear this. It's to bad issues like this pop up from time to time on this forum.

Overall we have a really great group of guys and gals on here. Hopefully something good will come out of this.

Peace,
Larry
I have only positive feedback. Alot of members don't confirm they got the parts so I assume everything went according to plan.
Old 04-15-2009, 08:37 PM
87vette
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I suggest never fronting parts to anyone on the forum no matter how long they have been on unless they pay you first. Can't trust anyone these days.
Old 04-15-2009, 08:55 PM
Goldcylon
Tech Contributor

Received 101 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by 87vette
I suggest never fronting parts to anyone on the forum no matter how long they have been on unless they pay you first. Can't trust anyone these days.
Thats BS too as a mans word should be his bond. Its sad that you cant trust everyone. But I wont make a blanket statement that I cant trust anyone. I guess a trust level is earned but I have dealt many times with weburke and I can state he is a member I trust. Grinditout has had problems with other members here before as well.

Be a Man Paul pay up.

Last edited by Goldcylon; 04-15-2009 at 09:34 PM.
Old 04-15-2009, 09:33 PM
Bruce Witherspoon
Pro

Originally Posted by 87vette
I have to strongly disagree. I have sent parts to people here several times and not worried about the payment. It always seem to work out.

I have to mention a forum member who was willing to send some parts just this week that he not only would not accept any money for, but was going to not accept the postage for sending them. Of course that was far to much. Just wanted to tell the other side of this story. There are very... many good people here. This is one incident amongst many. Sorry to hear that there was a problem, maybe he will find a way to work it out.

Last edited by Bruce Witherspoon; 04-15-2009 at 09:35 PM.
Old 04-15-2009, 10:12 PM
53 Blue Flame
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's a real shame. You have to remember, what happens on the forum will most likely stay within the forum. This is a bad place to do anything unethical.
Old 04-15-2009, 10:59 PM
grinditout
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Sorry, if you are upset Bill, but the facts are the facts.

I do not pay when someone sends me broken parts.

Fronted or not.

The part that makes this funny, is that you sent a broken part, with the knowledge that it was broken.

Man up Bill and take your medicine.

If you want the part back send a UPS call tag.
Old 04-15-2009, 11:19 PM
Goldcylon
Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by grinditout
I do not pay when someone sends me broken parts. Fronted or not..

What about the rest of the parts? Manup Paul and either ship him ALL the parts back or send him the money. All this drama over $20? I dont understand the logic of your statement. As I understand it as stated YOU clearly acknowlege receipt of ALL the "Fronted" parts but because YOU are unsatisfied with one of the parts that YOU say was cracked that ALL the parts are now YOURS for free? So clearly you state your intention is not to pay? Well a word comes to mind THIEF

Last edited by Goldcylon; 04-16-2009 at 08:16 AM.
Old 04-15-2009, 11:34 PM
grinditout
Drifting

You are a joke man, when he says parts, he is talking about a washer and a nut.

SEND A UPS CALL TAG.
Old 04-15-2009, 11:35 PM
Goldcylon
Tech Contributor

You are a joke man, when he says parts, he is talking about a washer and a nut.

SEND A UPS CALL TAG.
And your a thief... And you admit it... Its nice to offer parts back when your BS 6 months saga is fleshed out for all to see. So much for a reputation.

Apparently all the parts were worth $20 to you 6 months ago. So whos the joke?

Last edited by Goldcylon; 04-15-2009 at 11:39 PM.
Old 04-16-2009, 12:35 AM
lltrevino
Burning Brakes

The "thiefs" reputation had been tarnished, when i read about a past bad dealings post. This post has only made my feelings factual now.

I, for one, am thankful, for the good people on the forum, to point out the bad people, to avoid on this forum.
Old 04-16-2009, 09:13 AM
RacerX70CC
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

this isn't going to end well at all....

Whenever I do business here (not all that often) I don't ship until payment is received first, nor do I expect parts in advance of me paying first when I'm a buyer... basic business.

Oh... and I had a problem with a part being destroyed in transit to a forum member a couple of years ago. I promptly refunded his money and hashed it out with UPS (as a seller is supposed to do)... but he did pay first in good faith.

Last edited by RacerX70CC; 04-16-2009 at 10:13 AM.
Old 04-16-2009, 09:47 AM
ApexerER
Pro

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

I have currently paid for three parts that I am waiting for from three different forum members. I am not expecting any problems but the shoe can be on the other foot. Whether you mail the parts or you mail the money you are trusting that the other person is going to hold up to their end of the agreement. I figure if you can't trust a forum member than you can't trust anyone on the internet. You are not buying brand new parts and you have to expect that you are not receiving brand new parts. Everyones version of mint or very good condition is different (I am sure we have all gone to look at something that was listed as mint and got there and been like WTF) and you also have to know that. The bottom line is you took a chance and bought a used part, received the part, now pay for the damn part....,If that means you have to cut your loses and look for another bracket then thats what happens when you buy used parts.
Old 04-16-2009, 10:06 AM
Random84
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry, if you are upset Bill, but the facts are the facts.

I do not pay when someone sends me broken parts.

Fronted or not.

The part that makes this funny, is that you sent a broken part, with the knowledge that it was broken.

Man up Bill and take your medicine.

If you want the part back send a UPS call tag
This will not end well...

On the flip side, if you're not going to keep the parts, YOU man up and send them back. And, rarely, things DO break in shipping. If everyone was as much of a hardass as you are, there wouldn't be a "for sale" section in the first place.

As they say, "@#$% happens." instead of blaming him, recognize the fact that he went out of his way to help YOU out - more than once - and it's entirely plausible that this is a chance occurence. But all you can manage in response is 'send a UPS tag?" while you keep parts that you admittedly didn't send a dime to him for? He should eat shipping both ways because you're not satisfied?

This isn't walmart man, this is a "used parts for sale" forum where buyers have to beware.

FWIW you come out looking like the sore loser here, even if it is only for $20. I've been selling a lot of stuff lately and things DO happen in transit. Most guys are exceptionallly level-headed and we find ways to make things right, but I'm personally glad I haven't sold you a thing - it just wouldn't be worth the hassle of listening to you bitch, moan and justify your actions by blaming someone else. When both the buyer and seller work out an agreement, that's when good things happen; but I'll be avoiding you like the plague just so you don't badmouth me on the interweb the next time something gets damaged in the mail.

Last edited by Random84; 04-16-2009 at 10:09 AM.
Old 04-16-2009, 10:35 AM
M.J.L.
Safety Car

St. Jude Donor '10-'11

A member I dealt with was unsatisfied with the parts I sent him and I refunded him every dime AND OFFERED to refund him shipping for sending it back. He declined on me paying shipping. I still offered though and would have gone through with it. It was only 15.00 dollars. It's not the money, it's the trust. It's a shame when you can't trust someone. I have nothing but good dealings and I do the same with everyone I sell to.

I am a country boy and a mans word is all I need. 20.00 dollars is alot of money in these times.

Last edited by M.J.L.; 04-16-2009 at 10:36 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 04-16-2009, 10:49 AM
ScottC95ZR1
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Amazing that someone would p*ss away their reputation over $20.
Even more amazing that he would do so with active "For Sale" posts.
I'd say his business sense is just as lacking as his sense of pride.

I'd give something away before I would sell it to a thief.
And I certainly wouldn't buy anything from one.

Get notified of new replies

To Bad dealings with grinditout

Old 04-16-2009, 10:50 AM
coupeguy2001
Le Mans Master

Received 144 Likes on 106 Posts
2021 C4 of the Year - Modified Finalist

I have bought and sold here for years. If I wouldn't buy the part, I wouldn't sell it either.
I have had a few instances where the part was no good that I purchased, and I was given full refund minus shipping. I have also sent up to $20 in the mail where I had overestimated the shipping, and refunded that amount. (it was a big part)
We are here as a community, and not as a money making enterprise, (except for the vendors)and the intent of everything here is to enjoy friendship, keeping our cars running, and to help out when we can.
I have offerered advice, knowledge, and parts when someone needs something out of the accumulative content of my corvette interests.
The good of each of us should encompass the intent of the good of the whole.
There are always different conditions of all the apples in the barrel, and hopefully, very few rotten apples.
Remember, communication is the key, and without the key, we can't unlock the satisfaction encapsulated into the corvette lifestyle.

Old 04-16-2009, 10:51 AM
grinditout
Drifting

I understand the previous posts, but understand this, he sent the part broken & he knew it was broken.

I paid for all previous transactions on the front in full.

Now who is the deceiver?

GAME OVER

Last edited by grinditout; 04-16-2009 at 10:53 AM.
Old 04-16-2009, 11:49 AM
Calderone
Le Mans Master

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

I have a question for you Paul .-

Why you avoided Bill and didn't get back to him inmediatly when you received the broken part ?
Why wait 6 months ? that's what i don't get.-

I have deal with weburke in the past,im not located in the US
and he gave me a killer deal,shipping included,everything went perfect.-

Did you ask for pictures ? i don't get why you dissapeared for 6 months...

Quick Reply: Bad dealings with grinditout