Notices
C4 Parts for Sale/Wanted C4 Corvette Performance Parts, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, OEM, Aftermarket

F/S: Side Effects Exhaust from 93 Coupe.

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2008, 10:26 AM
todd_vette
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default F/S: Side Effects Exhaust from 93 Coupe.

I am selling a Side Effects complete cat back exhaust That was on a 93 Coupe. It comes with all the mounting plates and bolts for the main metal part but i am missing most of the screws for the fiberglass cover. Some of the screws you re-use from removing the stock rocker. I will try to find more but can't promise.
See pics @ http://forums.corvetteforum.com/memb...haust-f-s.html
I really don't want to sell but need money for a lawyer to keep on going injury suit in action.
I am needing $750 but might consider realistic offer.
I would SERIOUSLY prefer that this be picked up since it it a large and heavy set.
If you really need shipping be forewarned that it will be expensive, and take me time to find boxes and cost you extra. I would have to dismantle the pipes further and ship it in about 5-6 boxes. I would expect shipping to add at least $100 to maybe as high as $200 more to the price. I won't know for certain untill boxed, weighed and measured.
You will either have to make gaskets for the y-pipe connections or contact powereffects.com to buy them.

I also have a genuine Greenwood rear wing for 91up. It comes with the brackets to attach to the bumper frame but missing bolts. It is the one from the motor-sports body package and in perfect condition. I need $225 + shipping or local pick-up. I think that it only fits coupes but not certain.
Pics of wing; http://forums.corvetteforum.com/memb...wood-wing.html

Last edited by todd_vette; 11-15-2008 at 05:21 PM.
Old 11-14-2008, 01:15 PM
TommyL
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can you send me some pictures of this stuff to kito@sympatico.ca I have a friend that may be interested.

Tom
Old 11-14-2008, 02:04 PM
BlackbirdZ07
Safety Car

Received 199 Likes on 128 Posts

Put me in line... Very interested but I'd have to have it shipped, unless you or someone you know might be making the trip to Albuquerque in the future. Or I may be able to coordinate pickup.
Old 11-14-2008, 05:08 PM
todd_vette
Racer

Put me in line... Very interested but I'd have to have it shipped, unless you or someone you know might be making the trip to Albuquerque in the future. Or I may be able to coordinate pickup.
The best i could coordinate for you would be a meet-up in Trinidad. But i think that you are close enough to use the Bus lines to ship it...if they still do that. I have used the bus to ship bumper covers and a 6'x4'x4' reptile cage before and they were reasonable on costs and leinient in packing requirements.

Can you send me some pictures of this stuff to kito@sympatico.ca I have a friend that may be interested.

Tom
I am having trouble with posting and sending pics???no clue what i am doing wrong??? Thus the link was all i could get to work. I will try to get my brother to help over the weekend.
Old 11-14-2008, 09:14 PM
todd_vette
Racer

Ok, i went by the local bus station (greyhound?) and the guy there says that i just need to wrap it in plastic. That would be fine on the metal tubes but i would feel more comfortable if the fiberglass covers are boxed along with the smaller peices and the bolts. He wouldn't give me numbers untill it is all weighed and measured but thinks around $100 to Alb.NM. It could be over $300 if going to East Coast so my guess was off.
Let me know if this will work for you. I have a paypal account if that is easier on you also.

Pics of Geenwood wing; http://forums.corvetteforum.com/memb...wood-wing.html

Last edited by todd_vette; 11-15-2008 at 05:15 PM.
Old 11-16-2008, 09:48 AM
todd_vette
Racer

TTT
Is there any-body out there?
Old 11-16-2008, 01:09 PM
grinditout
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I like your wing. just a little broke, maybe later.

Ok, it's later, how much to ship wing to 31211 {insured}

Last edited by grinditout; 11-16-2008 at 02:02 PM.
Old 11-16-2008, 10:26 PM
GREGGPENN
Race Director

Received 399 Likes on 327 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (appearance mods)
C4 of Year Winner (appearance mods) 2019

You should know LT1 versions can fit L98's. Might need a part or two though. PowerEffects.com can provide gaskets/adapters. (Though they don't make the pipes anymore).
Old 11-17-2008, 03:38 PM
todd_vette
Racer

You should know LT1 versions can fit L98's. Might need a part or two though. PowerEffects.com can provide gaskets/adapters. (Though they don't make the pipes anymore).
Any chance that you might have any information on checking the glass packing in this exhaust? Blackbird called me and was asking about it but i had never heard about it before. Or if i have i forgot...problem of having a large tree fall on your head. Thank-you.
Old 11-18-2008, 11:27 AM
GREGGPENN
Race Director

Received 399 Likes on 327 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (appearance mods)
C4 of Year Winner (appearance mods) 2019

Originally Posted by todd_vette
Any chance that you might have any information on checking the glass packing in this exhaust? Blackbird called me and was asking about it but i had never heard about it before. Or if i have i forgot...problem of having a large tree fall on your head. Thank-you.
At the front of the setup, there are two large alum-colored cylinders. They attach to the main system with 4-bolts each. (I also think they say side-effects on them -- but may be wrong.) These are the mufflers.

When unbolted, you can easily look down inside and see the interior. You can stick fingers/screwdriver in too. The interior has molded fiberglass liners (2 halves in each muffler). They are just glued in.

In several systems I've seen these have been pulled out, are frayed, or otherwise damaged. Though they don't alter sound much, they do offer a lot of temperature insulation. Part of their purpose (according to PE.com) is to insulate the rubber bushings at the mounting point. (These tubes have an eye that's your front mounting point). The hotter the tubes get, the faster your mounting bushings will break down.

Deteriorated packing is not a big problem. I used fiberglass batting to repack mine. I installed stainless steel screen on top as a retainer. I even found 1800 degree adhesive to secure the screen from rattle. I expect this method to last way longer than the OEM packing.

The main point for inspection on these systems is rust. If they haven't been driven in a lot of wet weather, they will last a long, long time.

The piping is a really heavy-guage rectangular steel tubing -- way heavier than a normal exhaust system.
Old 11-19-2008, 03:54 PM
todd_vette
Racer

The square pipes look like they are about 1/8th inch thick castings and not a tube at all. Mine show no rusting except for a couple of small surface rust spots on the adapter tube that goes to the stock front y-pipe...It is regular exhaust tubing about a foot long.
From your description (GREGGPENN) I don't think that the glass would be an issue on this set. The 93 was seldom driven before the side pipes were removed.
I PMed grinditout, tommy and Blackbird and still haven't heard back, So both the side effects and the wing are still up for grabs.
Any-one interested?
Old 11-24-2008, 12:23 PM
todd_vette
Racer

Old 11-25-2008, 08:36 AM
Corvette505
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 25 Posts

Trinidad - The sex change capital of the world, couldn't pay me enough to stop in that town, my advice....Just Roll On By It
Old 11-25-2008, 10:26 AM
todd_vette
Racer

[QUOTE][Trinidad - The sex change capital of the world, couldn't pay me enough to stop in that town, my advice....Just Roll On By It /QUOTE]
I thought they closed that stupid place???? I know that i read that the "doctor" who started it and ran it forever died a few years ago. We usually just ignore that place around here. I have never even seen the clinic or any sign of it.
But there are some great scenic drives down around there and a realy great Corvette painter that is so busy you have to wait up to a year just to get him to look at another one.
Old 11-25-2008, 04:45 PM
texmon
Pro

my ex moved there. could explain alot
Old 11-30-2008, 08:55 PM
todd_vette
Racer

Any-one interested in exhaust or wing?
Old 12-04-2008, 03:33 PM
texmon
Pro

bump

Get notified of new replies

To F/S: Side Effects Exhaust from 93 Coupe.

Old 12-10-2008, 03:51 PM
paul.a
4th Gear

Do you still have the exhaust? Paul
Old 12-10-2008, 05:32 PM
pologreen1
Team Owner

Received 260 Likes on 239 Posts

is this the same kit from corvette central or does the exhaust really go throgh it?
Old 12-11-2008, 02:30 AM
BAM92
Safety Car

Originally Posted by pologreen1
is this the same kit from corvette central or does the exhaust really go throgh it?
From the pictures, it is the catback exhaust.

Quick Reply: F/S: Side Effects Exhaust from 93 Coupe.