Notices
C4 Parts for Sale/Wanted C4 Corvette Performance Parts, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, OEM, Aftermarket

FOR SALE: Beam Plates from ZR51 (Bill B.), brand new...

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2008, 04:24 PM
Shriker
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default FOR SALE: Beam Plates from ZR51 (Bill B.), brand new...

I cant believe I just found these in my garage.....

My 96 C4 has been gone for a couple of years . I had purchased these for the car and NEVER installed them. They are NEW and still in the plastic wrap they came in.......perfect for any high performance C4.

I did alot of research and even drove a few C4's with them....they definitely WORK and are extremely well made.

These are nearly $200 NEW but I am asking

$135 plus shipping

Reply to this post with email and I will send you an email with pix if you desire......

This is from Bill's website.......
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZR-71
First time I ever heard of these. How critical are they?
According to Bill from his website.. And I am a happy customer.

C4 Beam Plates (Fits all 1984 -1996 Corvette Drivelines)
Lifetime Warranted Retail price - $189.00 To Purchase call (602) 319-6575 or email www.billb@zfdoc.com

These multi-purpose driveline support reinforcement plates can be used on all 1984 through 1996 model year (C4 or 4th Generation) Corvettes. We have found that most C4 Corvettes inherently experience a slight amount of twisting at the fastening points of the support beam to the transmission and differential housing connection surfaces. Although fastened with high grade bolts, self-locking nuts and adhered with factory sealant, the driveline components of the C4 Corvette still experience some level of counterforce load-induced lateral deflection between the members while under heavy loading. This allowance of flex in the driveline beam fastening joints creates a condition where the chassis structure must additionally contend with. One common side effect of this phenomenon is where the rear of the vehicle tends to kick out to the right during aggressive high RPM gear shifting. Notice that the C5 or 1997 and newer Corvette was redesigned so that lateral deflection of the driveline is practically non existent. The C5 Corvette driveline consists of a drive shaft within a tube that has a bell housing fused to each end.

Customer Feedback: Hear what customer's have to say about this product.

Better Handling: The stainless steel TIG-weld constructed design provides high torsion load reinforcement of the only two flex prone areas of the driveline. By reinforcing these areas, the vehicle’s suspension system will experience less torsion load interference from the driveline system. The noticeable improvement in acceleration handling will provide for better directional tracking and predictability especially when at the edge of the performance envelope.

Simplifies Driveline Beam Service: These plates also simplify removal and installation of the driveline support beam by providing a topside wrench-free design that, when both bolts are started by a thread, allow the installer to use both hands below where the torque leverage is needed.

Specifications: Material - 30302 stainless steel, Construction - T.I.G. welded, Fasteners - New GM self-locking nuts, Weight - 1.65 lbs. (per vehicle set), Finish - Silicon bead blasted

Q) How does lateral deflection between the driveline members affect the vehicle handling?.

A) The immediate area of the driveline beam around the bolt and nut heads where the beam fastens to the transmission and differential are prone t flexing a finite amount. With the slightest amount of flex or deflection occurring at these joints, counter-force torsion energy is off-loaded to the chassis. This brief spike of counterforce energy causes unnecessary deviation of the suspension planes. A brief change in the drive wheel thrust angles is the root cause for the C4’s inherent response of the rear end kicking out to the right when aggressively shifting during heavy acceleration.

Q) How do the C4 Beam Plates improve the vehicle handling?

A) By installing the ZR51 Performance C4 Beam Plates, the driveline system becomes more rigid and less apt to affect the suspension system during extreme loading.

* ‘C4 Beam Plates’ is a registered trademark of ZR51 Performance and is patent pending.

C4 Beam Plate Installation Instructions: (P/N 1052C4BP) (Now comes with 2 driveline clearance checking blocks.)

Raise vehicle and suitably support.

Remove partial or complete exhaust system if necessary to achieve clearance for removal of driveline support fasteners.

Support transmission and ready a secondary support device beneath the differential. NOTE: Removal and installation of the driveline support fastening bolts normally requires manipulating of the transmission and differential mount points. A second jack or lifting device is recommended.

Remove support beam fasteners, placing nuts and washers aside. (Do not re-use washers for they will not allow enough thread-depth penetration for the locking nuts to fasten securely).

Clean the upper and lower surface area where the C4 Beam Plates will be seated.

Carefully work the Driveline beam away from the Differential and extension housing enough to inspect the contact surfaces. Any surface irregularities must be removed.

Carefully restore Driveline beam to its original location (Included are 2 small sticks of metal that can be used in the next step as clearance "go no-go" gages for checking the support beam location/clearance within the tunnel.

Insert bolts through lower plates noting that the front lower plate has a relieved corner for speedometer bulkhead clearance. Position the plates (w/nuts) at their proper locations on top of Driveline beam. Insert bolts (w/lower plates) through the holes and hand start the threads by 1 turn into the top deflection plate.

ALIGN DRIVELINE COMPONENTS: Take the following measurements directly above and to the right of the Propeller shaft front yolk universal joint. To ensure proper alignment of the driveline, a clearance of 45 mm +/- 6mm (1.77 in. +/- 0.236 in.) must be maintained between the top of the support to the underbody and a clearance of 28 mm+/-6 mm (1.1 in. +/- 0.236 in.) from the right side (passenger side of vehicle) of the support to the side wall.

Tighten support bolts at carrier to 80 Nm (59 lb. ft.)

Tighten support bolts at transmission to 50 Nm (37 lb. ft.).

Remove transmission support(s), install exhaust (if removed), and lower vehicle.
Old 09-09-2008, 05:23 PM
jakers
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

Interested. What would shipping run to 31820?
Old 09-09-2008, 08:30 PM
grinditout
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I will take them, just let me know.
Old 09-09-2008, 09:16 PM
TommyL
Melting Slicks

They do work!!
Old 09-09-2008, 09:27 PM
Shriker
Pro

Jakers - according to the UPS calculator from me 77077 to you 31820 is about $14.50 or so (5 lb package or less , guess). You are first in line.....let me know via this thread. If you are a go , give me an email addy and I will email you.....

grinditout, you are next in line if Jakers is a no go......

Thanks for the interest from you both....
Old 09-09-2008, 09:41 PM
Mojave
Melting Slicks

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I'll also take them if it gets to me. Ready with Paypal.
Old 09-09-2008, 11:13 PM
Goldcylon
Tech Contributor

Received 101 Likes on 90 Posts

I use them and they work great!
Old 09-10-2008, 12:05 AM
jakers
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '06

Originally Posted by Shriker
Jakers - according to the UPS calculator from me 77077 to you 31820 is about $14.50 or so (5 lb package or less , guess). You are first in line.....let me know via this thread. If you are a go , give me an email addy and I will email you.....

grinditout, you are next in line if Jakers is a no go......

Thanks for the interest from you both....
Shriker

I will execute my option to buy them! How do you want payment?

e-mail address is Jeffreyakers@bellsouth.net

Jeff
Old 09-10-2008, 10:29 AM
Shriker
Pro

Jakers.....message sent
Old 09-10-2008, 10:30 AM
Shriker
Pro

whoa .... misfire......
Old 09-10-2008, 10:33 AM
Shriker
Pro

Mojave

I am a lifetime Texas A&M Sports Car Club Member, class of '89.

I have not been to an event in many moons now.... I really miss the practice autoX 's .
Old 09-10-2008, 04:11 PM
jakers
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '06

Originally Posted by jakers
Shriker

I will execute my option to buy them! How do you want payment?

e-mail address is Jeffreyakers@bellsouth.net

Jeff
Working at the office today... will communicate back to you this evening.
Old 10-01-2008, 06:12 PM
jakers
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '06

Default Finally...

Mike had a hurricane chase him around Texas for awhile and I flew to Cabo San Lucas and hung out at Cabo Wabo for a little vacation! Payment mailed out today! Thanks Mike!

Get notified of new replies

To FOR SALE: Beam Plates from ZR51 (Bill B.), brand new...

Quick Reply: FOR SALE: Beam Plates from ZR51 (Bill B.), brand new...