Notices
C4 Parts for Sale/Wanted C4 Corvette Performance Parts, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, OEM, Aftermarket

Any interest? L98 blower kit and go fast goodies....

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2008, 08:29 AM
silver86
Drifting

Received 19 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Any interest? L98 blower kit and go fast goodies....

Pulled the top of the engine apart to chase an oil leak, and I'm considering going back N/A....or at least installing a Miniram on this thing. So I'm checking to see if there is any serious interest before I go re-installing all this stuff again...

1. Blowerworks L98 supercharging kit with Vortech V2-SQ compressor, Gen II boost activated alcohol injection system, Vortech FMU with Blowerworks plug-and-play harness with dual (one in-tank and one in-line) Walbro 255 lph fuel pumps, FMS 42# fuel injectors, MSD BTM (Boost Timing Master) timing retard ignition system, all piping, couplers, stainless oil lines with oil pan, pulley, belt, pod mounted Autometer Ulta-lite boost pressure and digital AFR guages, upper and lower wheel tub adapters, and hardware included. $4,500.00

Expensive, yes, but you won't find a more complete setup.

2. AFR 195 CC Eliminator cylinder heads (part no. 1040) 65cc combustion chamber, angle plug $1,000.00

3. Ported TPI injection setup with TPIS Big Mouth base, SLP large tube runners, and ported upper plenum. $650.00

And, if I get rid of all that, I probably won't need this kick @ss Pete K transmission any longer. He custom built it for my blower application (hardened input sleeves or something among all of the other stuff). I still have the original crate he sent it in.

4. Pete K custom transmission, without converter or tail housing $1,375.00

And I wouldn't need this any longer as well....

5. 9.5" 2500 stall converter (from Pete K, I'm not sure of the manufacturer) $400.00

Let me know if there are any potential takers. The blower hardware, intake, and heads are off the car, I would just need to remove the electronics. All prices would be plus shipping and Paypal fees....
Old 06-17-2008, 10:25 AM
DigitalReady
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by silver86
Pulled the top of the engine apart to chase an oil leak, and I'm considering going back N/A....or at least installing a Miniram on this thing. So I'm checking to see if there is any serious interest before I go re-installing all this stuff again...

1. Blowerworks L98 supercharging kit with Vortech V2-SQ compressor, Gen II boost activated alcohol injection system, Vortech FMU with Blowerworks plug-and-play harness with dual (one in-tank and one in-line) Walbro 255 lph fuel pumps, FMS 42# fuel injectors, MSD BTM (Boost Timing Master) timing retard ignition system, all piping, couplers, stainless oil lines with oil pan, pulley, belt, pod mounted Autometer Ulta-lite boost pressure and digital AFR guages, upper and lower wheel tub adapters, and hardware included. $4,500.00

Expensive, yes, but you won't find a more complete setup.

2. AFR 195 CC Eliminator cylinder heads (part no. 1040) 65cc combustion chamber, angle plug $1,000.00

3. Ported TPI injection setup with TPIS Big Mouth base, SLP large tube runners, and ported upper plenum. $650.00

And, if I get rid of all that, I probably won't need this kick @ss Pete K transmission any longer. He custom built it for my blower application (hardened input sleeves or something among all of the other stuff). I still have the original crate he sent it in.

4. Pete K custom transmission, without converter or tail housing $1,375.00

And I wouldn't need this any longer as well....

5. 9.5" 2500 stall converter (from Pete K, I'm not sure of the manufacturer) $400.00

Let me know if there are any potential takers. The blower hardware, intake, and heads are off the car, I would just need to remove the electronics. All prices would be plus shipping and Paypal fees....
what stage is that blower system stage 1 or 2? how many psi?
Old 06-17-2008, 10:37 AM
silver86
Drifting

Originally Posted by DigitalReady
what stage is that blower system stage 1 or 2? how many psi?
It's actually kind of in between stages III and IV if you factor in all of the information on the Blowerworks site. I am using a 3.00" pulley that, when not restrictor plated, pushes over 12psi at 5,600 rpm. I run about 10 psi after installing a smaller inlet plate in the air filter.
Old 06-17-2008, 12:31 PM
BlackHarleyMan
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Interested in those heads......can I get pics? blkharleyman@yahoo.com
Old 06-17-2008, 04:18 PM
thirdtimevetteowner
Pro

I may be interested in the converter. Can you get me a shipping quote to Zip code 15074? Thanks,

RK
Old 06-17-2008, 04:49 PM
silver86
Drifting

Originally Posted by thirdtimevetteowner
I may be interested in the converter. Can you get me a shipping quote to Zip code 15074? Thanks,

RK
Well...it's still on the car, otherwise I could. Let me see if I can find the shipping info. (for weight) from back when I got it from Pete.

For all those expressing interest, thank you. But please keep in mind this is a feeler thread for the most part. I probably wouldn't part the tranny or converter if the blower kit doesn't sell (the stocker would be shreaded fairly quickly if I mounted it up behind this engine setup).

I'll keep a list of those interested in specific parts, in order of inquiry for a little peace of mind.

If someone picks up the blower...then everything's going, that's for certain.
Old 06-17-2008, 06:24 PM
cwyates4
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll trade you my miniram for the supercharger.

Wish I had the cash for the blower setup, thats a really complete system for a great price! Good luck on the sale!
Old 08-22-2008, 04:37 AM
dand1892
Instructor

are the heads sold yet?
Old 09-28-2008, 05:39 PM
silver86
Drifting

Originally Posted by dand1892
are the heads sold yet?
Sorry for the delay in responding...I just saw this post today.

The heads have been re-installed on the car, so nothing is sold. The entire car is for sale over in that section, but it's not getting much interest. I'm getting real close to pulling this stuff off.

Last edited by silver86; 09-29-2008 at 08:48 AM.
Old 09-29-2008, 06:30 PM
anesthes
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 135 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by silver86
Sorry for the delay in responding...I just saw this post today.

The heads have been re-installed on the car, so nothing is sold. The entire car is for sale over in that section, but it's not getting much interest. I'm getting real close to pulling this stuff off.
same boat. Would like to sell my whole car.. Won't sell.. Have spent hours plugging in parts into a spreadsheet to figure out if I could at least make 2/3 my money back.. Not looking good.

Good luck!

-- Joe
Old 09-29-2008, 06:42 PM
355tpipickup
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

was this setup ran on a stock bottom end and stock cam? how bad was the tunnin on somthin like this?
Old 09-30-2008, 12:19 PM
silver86
Drifting

Originally Posted by 355tpipickup
was this setup ran on a stock bottom end and stock cam? how bad was the tunnin on somthin like this?

Stock bottem end, but a fresh one. Engine I installed had about 7000 total miles, and had just had a mild rebuild.

The cam is a blower grind. I can't remember the specs at this moment.

The tough part of the tuning is trying to get the 42lb injectors to idle well using the stock computer, and keep the AFR good at WOT. Other than that (and I'm not tuner), there wasn't much of an issue.

Get notified of new replies

To Any interest? L98 blower kit and go fast goodies....

Quick Reply: Any interest? L98 blower kit and go fast goodies....