Notices
C4 Parts for Sale/Wanted C4 Corvette Performance Parts, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, OEM, Aftermarket

>>QUESTION<< Interested in custom interior???

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2007, 09:37 AM
TKO Performance
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 279 Likes on 222 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Default >>QUESTION<< Interested in custom interior???

Hi everyone,
I wanted to introduce something we have been offering for a while now....
Custom Interior Pieces with the look of Carbon Fiber & Burl Woods!
A perfect answer to enhance where you live when you drive! These are NOT stick on covers/overlays. The finish is applied to GM OEM parts. A guaranteed perfect fit.

We started with C6, then C5 and now I wanted to do it for the C4 interiors.
We were interested in your opinions. If interested, what pieces would you want to see done? We offer this finish in 8 colored carbon looking finishes and 2 beautiful woods!

Feel free to post and or email me direct:
ed@tkoperformance.com

Below is a little more about our products. Since we don't have any C4 parts done yet, we posted some C6 & C5 for ya.

Each item is put through a multi step process that achieves a stunning unique finish unlike anything around. Covered in a tough show quality polished gloss which gives it a deep 3 dimensional look.
The pieces look like they came from the factory.....only better .

We will offer 2 programs. (1) core exhange. or (2) Send in your parts and get them back

Available in 10 beautiful Finishes!

(From Top left to Right)Yellow, Dark Red, Dark Blue, Orange, Green, Silver, Gun Metal (Darker more subtle then regular Carbon look) Regular Carbon and Burl wood, Black Burl wood finishes.
For a little more $ Inquire about actual GM colors to match your exterior paint!

CHECK IT OUT
http://store.tkoperformance.com/cuinpi.html
http://store.tkoperformance.com/c5cuintrbuwo.html
Once you click on the above link, Be sure to click on the pictures 2-3 times to enlarge and get clear!

Looking forward to hearing from you. thank you.

Happy Holidays
Ed

Serving The Corvette Forum For 23 Years!!

Allow us to add you to the list of extremely satisfied customers.
Order Securely Online 24/7: http://tkoperformance.com/index.html
Feel Free To Contact Us By Phone: 1800 -778- 9898 Monday- Friday 9:00am to 4:30pm

Click Here: http://www.facebook.com/pages/TKO-Pe...e/367433626633
Old 12-19-2007, 09:50 AM
Kenwood
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Aside from things on the early years like the console and the speedo cover..I personally would love to see a BREADBOX replacement for the early years with CORVETTE embedded into it.. Every breadbox replacement Ive seen is just a plain black panel with no real flair to it.. Id love to see a nicely done breadbox replacemnt.. Looking at your work on other vehicles Im convinced your capable of making a nice looking/fitting part..
Old 12-19-2007, 11:01 AM
Gl!tch
Racer

How long does the process take if parts were sent to you??? Cost???

I'd be interested in console/shifter bezel, radio trim bezel, all door trim bezels. 93 Coupe.
Old 12-19-2007, 01:05 PM
cscg2430
Advanced

I'd be interested as well.
89 c4 coupe
I would like to know the price as well.
Old 12-19-2007, 02:53 PM
DVNCI
Melting Slicks

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

All 3 pedals in billet, so you don't have to just screw on a metal plate.

-edit- sorry thought you were asking about interior parts in general, not just trim
Old 12-19-2007, 03:33 PM
jakers
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

Default "Honey, not now..."

Anyone every hear this one? all that stuff about having to feed the kids and buy gas and stuff...

I would not be a customer now but this stuff looks nice and eventually I would like to get something like this going on the interior... So yes, you would have some C4 owners interested in tasteful interior mods...

Oh yeah, how well does this stuff age? The new pics look great but how about after the first couple of years?
Old 12-19-2007, 04:23 PM
LTxDave
Safety Car

Received 56 Likes on 50 Posts

If the finish would hold up better than the factory rubberized coating, I would like to see pieces for the console, up the dash and around the dash to the headlight switch panels--also trim around the passenger side AC vents. Maybe door handle trim as well. Blue CF for my black interior GS....
Old 12-19-2007, 04:33 PM
Jeffvette
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So have you perfected the water transfer process where you eliminate any waves or ripples in the finish as you dip it since most of the pieces are a odd shape?
Old 12-19-2007, 05:29 PM
scranage
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

If it were a durable finish, I'd go for it. A little pricey, but if it is as good as you say, I'd go for a console, door handle bezels, maybe even the cluster bezel.
Old 12-19-2007, 06:35 PM
FD2BLK
Safety Car

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

I think your product looks great if you build it for the late model C4s I will be one of the first to order BTW if you need a guni pig and would be wiling to cut a deal let me know
Old 12-19-2007, 06:45 PM
jasonb357
Instructor

Received 76 Likes on 24 Posts
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

I would like that for my 94 as well. Especially polished, or brushed aluminum.
Old 12-19-2007, 08:31 PM
TKO Performance

Originally Posted by Kenwood
Aside from things on the early years like the console and the speedo cover..I personally would love to see a BREADBOX replacement for the early years with CORVETTE embedded into it.. Every breadbox replacement Ive seen is just a plain black panel with no real flair to it.. Id love to see a nicely done breadbox replacemnt.. Looking at your work on other vehicles Im convinced your capable of making a nice looking/fitting part..
Just received a similar post on another thread. I did not know they made a flat replacement. I will have to look into that. If there is no vinyl…the answer is yes.

Originally Posted by Gl!tch
How long does the process take if parts were sent to you??? Cost???

I'd be interested in console/shifter bezel, radio trim bezel, all door trim bezels. 93 Coupe.
Approx 2-3 weeks. However we have been running a little more towards the 3ish mark. This should change after January.
Cost,….. no clue yet . But I will get all of this info soon and post or contact you personally.

Originally Posted by jakers
Oh yeah, how well does this stuff age? The new pics look great but how about after the first couple of years?
The process is the same that many of the major car companies now use . Its covered in a show quality clear. It will hold up nicely.

Originally Posted by Mr Dave
If the finish would hold up better than the factory rubberized coating, I would like to see pieces for the console, up the dash and around the dash to the headlight switch panels--also trim around the passenger side AC vents. Maybe door handle trim as well. Blue CF for my black interior GS....
Noted! Thank you :thumbs

Originally Posted by Jeffvette
So have you perfected the water transfer process where you eliminate any waves or ripples in the finish as you dip it since most of the pieces are a odd shape?
What do you think…

Never had that problem here.. We actually have parts done that most won’t/can’t do. Including the C6 gauge Cluster..

Originally Posted by scranage
I'd go for a console, door handle bezels, maybe even the cluster bezel.
Thank you. Keep them coming!

Originally Posted by FD2BLK
I think your product looks great if you build it for the late model C4s I will be one of the first to order BTW if you need a guni pig and would be wiling to cut a deal let me know
Thank you!

Originally Posted by shakedown067
The first two panels? the center console, and right dash panel (radio bezel?). Then I'd really like to have the panels around the back hatch area. I'd say those first, but I think it'd be really goofy with nothing else done yet.
Noted!

Here’s a question… I’m not worried about scratches to much, but due to some screw holes possible crakes, if there was no core exchange would you guys still be interested in a flat out purchase of the parts or just sending your items in? Turn around time is around 2-3 weeks.
I’m just thinking ahead for the programs we could offer..

Thanks guys!

Last edited by TKO Performance; 12-19-2007 at 10:14 PM.
Old 12-19-2007, 09:11 PM
VETTEMANIAC
Instructor

Im just replacing the dash bezel ,center guage,vent bezel,console bezel and door bezels on my 1985 with new parts I would have loved to have had these over the stock I have all of the above replaced parts as cores I would certainly entertain a purchase on my cores.
Old 12-19-2007, 09:40 PM
Zix
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I would have no problem buying completely new pieces from you, rather than dealing with a core exchange. Besides, as you stated, a lot of the core exchanges you're likely to get will have broken mounting tabs (mine do).
Old 12-19-2007, 10:08 PM
TKO Performance

Originally Posted by VETTEMANIAC
Im just replacing the dash bezel ,center guage,vent bezel,console bezel and door bezels on my 1985 with new parts I would have loved to have had these over the stock I have all of the above replaced parts as cores I would certainly entertain a purchase on my cores.
...you did replace all those parts?

Originally Posted by Zix
I would have no problem buying completely new pieces from you, rather than dealing with a core exchange. Besides, as you stated, a lot of the core exchanges you're likely to get will have broken mounting tabs (mine do).
I don't think the parts will be much (not like the C6 wow are they up there)..
So thats good to hear.

Working with a few people already. Might have some pricing, parts done (with pictures) sooner then expected. Since we are shutting down for the holidays, begining of Jan sounds pretty good.

Great responses. I really appreciate the help.

Ed
Old 12-19-2007, 10:21 PM
VetteVet86
Instructor

Put me in line. I have a 1986 automatic and the flat breadbox replacement.
Old 12-19-2007, 10:22 PM
LTxDave
Safety Car

Received 56 Likes on 50 Posts

I'd be interested in parts with no exchange, but I can see some folks might want to exchange theirs.

Get notified of new replies

To >>QUESTION<< Interested in custom interior???

Old 12-19-2007, 10:39 PM
Jeffvette
Race Director

Originally Posted by TKO Performance
What do you think…

You can't see the pattern distortion in a far away pic. I did these back in February.

Old 12-20-2007, 12:39 AM
TKO Performance

Originally Posted by Jeffvette

You can't see the pattern distortion in a far away pic.
Your question was if we are able to eliminate any waves or ripples in the finish due to the shapes that we tackle.....

That picture, at least on my monitor, shows the pattern (with compound curves ) with no waves ripples, destortion.
Regardless, all the pictures in the very first post plus the 2 links included in that same post demonstrate & direct you to pictures which are much closer & should have answered your question anyway.

Last edited by TKO Performance; 12-20-2007 at 12:52 AM.
Old 12-20-2007, 12:52 AM
Jeffvette
Race Director

Originally Posted by TKO Performance
Your question was if we are able to eliminate any waves or ripples in the finish due to the shapes that we tackle.....

That picture, at least on my monitor, shows the pattern with no waves ripples, destortion.
Regardless, all the pictures in the very first post plus the 2 links included in that same post demonstrate & direct you to pictures which are much closer & should have answered your question anyway.
Yep, your right, I went back through and looked at the pictures. I see spots where the carbon fiber look weave has changed from a straight line to a curve to fit when the water rushes around the edges.

Quick Reply: >>QUESTION<< Interested in custom interior???