Notices
C4 Parts for Sale/Wanted C4 Corvette Performance Parts, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, OEM, Aftermarket

Did I get screwed on E-Bay by vette2vette?

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2001, 07:47 PM
88JDO
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default pROBLEM RESOLVED by vette2vette? We are square now!!!

Caveat emptor. I bought a NOS acrylic top for my 88 and needed the hardware to attach it to my car. Looked on E-Bay and found vette2vette selling other corvette parts and e-mailed him to see if he had my brackets and bolts. Said he did and wanted forty dollars. Sent him a money order, he cashed it on Oct 26. E-mailed him after I found out he cashed my money order and he e-mailed back he sent parts same day he got money order. I still don't have the parts. He is no longer responding to my e-mails. It's only $40.00 but I'm still p o'd. :bs : update He refunded me my money this past saturday. All's right with the world. :yesnod:

[Modified by 88JDO, 4:50 PM 11/19/2001]

[Modified by 88JDO, 6:44 PM 11/27/2001]

[Modified by 88JDO, 12:04 PM 11/29/2001]
Old 11-13-2001, 07:58 PM
FU
NCM Lifetime # 982
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20

Default Re: Did I get screwed on E-Bay by vette2vette? (88JDO)

Get in touch with E-bay . They can help. Also if you got a USPO money order the US Post office can also help. Don't let the putz get away with ripping you.
Old 11-13-2001, 09:27 PM
paid4c4
Burning Brakes

You have a two hundred dollar insurance policy through EBAY, however it doesn't sound like you bought the parts through an auction, but direct from the seller. Use the USPS inspection service claiming mail fraud, it's a felony and this will enable your dead beat seller to get real close to cars, while he makes licenses plates!!!!!!!!!!!!
Good luck
Bill :)
Old 11-13-2001, 10:37 PM
MDC9966
Burning Brakes

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

Default Re: Did I get screwed on E-Bay by vette2vette? (paid4c4)

Ask for a tracking number. I don't remember the items exactly but I bought a couple of items from vette on ebay also. He was a little slow with the shipping but they did come through. I think he used regular mail with me. Give it atleast 14 days depending on where it's coming from.
Good Luck,
I've bought and sold on ebay and so far so good.
Old 11-13-2001, 11:01 PM
85vet
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Cruise-In V Veteran

Default Re: Did I get screwed on E-Bay by vette2vette? (Curtis629)

I believe you have to be careful - the ebay insurance is applicable if it is related to an auction.

If you dealt direct - ebay insurance does not count.

Good Luck,

Jim

[Modified by 85vet, 10:02 PM 11/13/2001]
Old 11-14-2001, 01:46 AM
Hardcorvette
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10

Default Re: Did I get screwed on E-Bay by vette2vette? (85vet)

If you made the purchase through Ebay it should be covered by insurance. If not, you may have a hard time trying to prove that the guy did not send the items. However, with the current mail situation, I'd give it AT LEAST 2 weeks. Good luck! :cheers:
Old 11-14-2001, 08:01 AM
cajun86
Pro

There's always a jerk somewhere in the pile, hope you're able to do something about this.
Old 11-14-2001, 10:17 AM
1986vert
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just bought several items from him and I got them right away minus the last one after I sent him an email about the shape of the 89 steering wheel I got. Add said it had a FEW glass scratches and it was really bad, as there was marks all over the wheel. After I sent him the email I have an aux fan on bought on ebay, haven't gotten it yet or any emails. He told me he doesn't sell junk, but I how would you guys like a wheel that looked like someone threw it into a glass window about a dozen times....
Old 11-14-2001, 11:54 AM
Mojo
Safety Car

Default Re: Did I get screwed on E-Bay by vette2vette? (lee.anderson)

I sent him an email last week requesting pricing for parts I'm looking for. No response. I figured he was a fly-by-night.
Old 11-14-2001, 02:26 PM
1986vert
Burning Brakes

Default Re: Did I get screwed on E-Bay by vette2vette? (Mojo)

He better not fly until I get my aux fan, as I don't live that far from where he is, and I will go get it.....Maybe I should take a list if I have to do that !!!
Old 11-16-2001, 03:53 PM
Mr. CJ
Melting Slicks

Cruise-In I Veteran
Cruise-In II Veteran

Default Re: Did I get screwed on E-Bay by vette2vette? (lee.anderson)

If the transaction was separate from eBay, you will have no recourse with eBay itself or the squaretrade negotiation that is offered. If there was a transaction made between you and this seller, complete user information request and it will provide you with the user's contact info (phone, address, etc.) Give them a call and see if they respond to that. I've been through this before and I have been screwed by customers and by dealers that I deal with. My solution has been to document with certified or return receipt along with having a copy of the monies sent and when and where I sent them. This way you are able to proceed through mail fraud protection if the amount is of substantial amount. Although since this transaction was completed on an honesty and trust by you that the seller would come through. Sometimes I hate saying it, but there is little recourse (legally) that you can do. I've learned this the hard way and refuse to do business with people who have screwed me out of a substantial amount of money. It doesn't stop with just eBay, I've been in bad dealings with forum members, people who I have dealt with on a regular basis, and others. I wish you luck in your problem. Email me if you would like to talk further about further action that can be taken, I've done this plenty of times before. Regards, C.J.
Old 11-16-2001, 05:15 PM
tommelton
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: Did I get screwed on E-Bay by vette2vette? (Mr. CJ)

C.J.,

You are one to speak about bad dealings with people...

Yet again, you respond to others, but will not refund the amount you owe me.

This is a quote from your last email, that I have responded to about 6 times:

"The bolts are not available from GM directly, they have been discontinued,
I'm not sure where to get them, or the shifter **** that I was expecting
from (snip to protect others interests)... Let me know if you would
like a cash refund for the deal to close it out, just trying to make good on
this deal, my apologies for all the troubles."

Refund my money @#$%^&.

Tom Melton
82 CE
86 Z51 coupe

Old 11-16-2001, 08:34 PM
GOTMETAL
Racer

Default Re: Did I get screwed on E-Bay by vette2vette? (tommelton)

Refund my money @#$%^&?????????

Do you ever stop? You're killing me! I guess that cut/paste technique you just learned is too cool to control. People on this forum have heard your story again and again. Name calling is just elementary. Did you ask for a refund for your car when you found out it didn't have a full tank of gas with it? Of course, you get to keep the car though, right...and you still get the refund?
Oh, and so you don't have to enlighten the others on THIS thread with your vast amount of world geography knowledge...Winston-Salem, NC is very close to Winston-Salem, NC and I AM one of Mr. CJ's closest friends!!!!!
Old 11-16-2001, 09:08 PM
khornet
Pro

$40?!! I wish I had been THAT lucky!!!

I got took for over $800 on a set of Collector Edition rims on eBay. I'm now in process of trying to get my $200 insurance money from eBay and have the OH State Attorney General after the S.O.B. who ripped me off. The jerk answered every email promptly, up until the day he cashed the check. :mad
Old 11-16-2001, 10:11 PM
cerby
Burning Brakes

Default Re: Did I get screwed on E-Bay by vette2vette? (GOTMETAL)

$2.00. 20.00 or $400.00, Its all the same. Either you have integrity or you do not. Its either right or wrong. If you have run from your responsibility the only way to redeem your self is to now pay what you owe or explain in detail why you dont think you owe it. If one desires to be taken seriously and sell on this forum with any real success then he has to be trusted. Thats my .02 cents worth

:blueangel:
Old 11-17-2001, 06:47 PM
1986vert
Burning Brakes

Default RE: I didn't get screwed

I heard from Jason and he offered to take the steering wheel back, and I choose to keep it and have my local leather shop fix it. Also I got my aux fan
the day after he told me it shipped, he was gone buying another car, so I can say he has been more than fair and straight up with me, I have NO COMPLAINTS. I guess I was fustrated on my earlier post.
Old 11-21-2001, 07:57 PM
PaceThis
Race Director

Received 51 Likes on 36 Posts

Refund my money @#$%^&?????????

Do you ever stop? You're killing me...and I AM one of Mr. CJ's closest friends!!!!!
I haven't dealt with CJ directly, but he may have gotten a bad rep by working with Ed Simmons (same shop). He held my $900 for almost six months and I felt really lucky to get it back after about 30 phone calls and a threat to call the police. Hopefully CJ is better than this, but I've heard a lot of complaints thus far...

Get notified of new replies

To Did I get screwed on E-Bay by vette2vette?

Old 11-23-2001, 05:15 AM
Mr. CJ
Melting Slicks

Cruise-In I Veteran
Cruise-In II Veteran

Default Re: Did I get screwed on E-Bay by vette2vette? (96LTFour)

I am not sure what this transaction was about as I had nothing to do with it, I have a separate hobby removed from the shop. All my stuff is stored and conducted out of my own residence. As far as I can tell, I have a large number of happy customers, it just seems that the ones that make the most noise are the ones that get noticed. The ones that are happy, rarely express their satisfaction (except through referrals, which I greatly appreciate) I deal with a lot of people on a repeat basis across the country and internationally. And I have no outstanding dealings (debts) with any customers or vendors, everything has since been cleared up.-C.J.

I haven't dealt with CJ directly, but he may have gotten a bad rep by working with Ed Simmons (same shop). He held my $900 for almost six months and I felt really lucky to get it back after about 30 phone calls and a threat to call the police. Hopefully CJ is better than this, but I've heard a lot of complaints thus far...
Old 11-26-2001, 11:29 AM
Silver Bullet 99
Burning Brakes

Default Re: Did I get screwed on E-Bay by vette2vette? (Mr. CJ)

I don't personally know about this Vette2vette guy on Ebay but CJ is great. I've purchased a few items from him in the past and his feedback on Ebay speaks for itself. He responds to every email I send and ships just as fast.

My suggestion is to pay via Credit Card if possible (you have 30 days to cancel the transaction) or send your payment via certified mail and pay the extra $.50 for tracking - this way you can personally track your shipment.

If all else fails - report the deadbeat to Ebay. I've only had to do this once so far and I've purchased/sold over 300 items to date on Ebay.

Happy Holidays!!!!
Old 11-26-2001, 02:00 PM
dgoodhue
Safety Car

Do you ever stop? You're killing me! I guess that cut/paste technique you just learned is too cool to control. People on this forum have heard your story again and again. Name calling is just elementary.
Speak for yourself.

If I was ever screwed out of money from CF member, I would repeatedly bring up the transaction also. Tom may never get his money back but he will cost CJ more than $40 worth of business.

Quick Reply: Did I get screwed on E-Bay by vette2vette?