Notices
C4 Parts for Sale/Wanted C4 Corvette Performance Parts, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, OEM, Aftermarket

FREE LT1 Rebuilt Block with everything.

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2007, 10:27 AM
cv67
Team Owner

Received 3,043 Likes on 2,602 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

The seller will determine who they want to sell their item/product to based on the expediency of payment, payment method, location, and overall ease of transaction. While some may feel that the first to commit to purchase in the thread would make it easy, it may not be for the seller. If another buyer lives nearby and can save the trouble of shipping, etc. the seller can move onto that buyer let's remember, it is his item/product for sale.
Probably best this way, the "order of posting" etc has only worked for me twice...God forbid ya step away fromthe computer someone else got it...But in the end the seller can pick his buyer, his stuff.

Still curious why the buyer is silent.
Old 09-19-2007, 01:44 PM
VetteramI
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'10

Heck,

Maybe we as a forum could piggy back this thing from California for Ryan. I would be willing to pick it up in Oklahoma and take it into Tennessee.
Old 09-19-2007, 03:01 PM
bogus
Team Owner

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Goldcylon
Bogus thats not true any more the rules are the seller has the right to sell or give in this case to the forum member they feel most comfortable with. Usually thats the first poster but not always.

Here are the posted new "rules" as of April on the sticky page above the for sale section

4. Purchasing an item for sale

This section continues to cause the most confusion amongst potential buyers, therefore, the forum will make this as simple as possible for the seller.

Posting an interest in a sale thread, or asking questions, does not subject the thread to being closed, nor, to the item being sold. An item will be consider sold, when the seller says it is, based on the simplicity of the sale.

The seller will determine who they want to sell their item/product to based on the expediency of payment, payment method, location, and overall ease of transaction. While some may feel that the first to commit to purchase in the thread would make it easy, it may not be for the seller. If another buyer lives nearby and can save the trouble of shipping, etc. the seller can move onto that buyer let's remember, it is his item/product for sale.

This will eliminate the confusion of "dibs," replies to a thread, PM's, e-mail and telephone promotions/discussions, which has caused nothing but confusion and frustration in the past.

When the seller's price is met, no higher offers can be accepted. If a seller negotiates a higher price with a member who did not win the item at his/her original asking price, the seller and offering member will subject their account to a permanent block.

If I was a betting cylon my guess is a local dude is picking the block up. GC
I stand corrected. Thanks for the clarification!
Old 09-19-2007, 03:02 PM
bogus
Team Owner

Originally Posted by cuisinartvette
Probably best this way, the "order of posting" etc has only worked for me twice...God forbid ya step away fromthe computer someone else got it...But in the end the seller can pick his buyer, his stuff.

Still curious why the buyer is silent.
agreed on both counts.
Old 09-19-2007, 03:06 PM
cv67
Team Owner

Received 3,043 Likes on 2,602 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

Originally Posted by VetteramI
Heck,

Maybe we as a forum could piggy back this thing from California for Ryan. I would be willing to pick it up in Oklahoma and take it into Tennessee.
Thats a long walk, what the hell you put in your Wheaties!
Old 09-19-2007, 03:22 PM
Demonic85
Team Owner

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by VetteramI
Heck,

And I could finish the trip to VA if I had a truck to haul it in. The truck is still down though. Sorry
Old 09-19-2007, 10:50 PM
rap87
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, you guys sure do show how good-hearted and generous you can be on the forums, but sadly I'm thinking the buyer of this item is keeping it, whoever that is, I just hope they are using it for the same type of purposes I would have...Please dont part that motor out! But, anyway thanks again guys very generous to even offer something like that
Old 09-20-2007, 10:17 PM
bogus
Team Owner

I guess we will never know what happened to this deal... I feel kinda odd about the entire thing... and I don't know why.
Old 09-22-2007, 06:14 PM
Terrible Juan
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quick Reply: FREE LT1 Rebuilt Block with everything.