Notices
C4 Parts for Sale/Wanted C4 Corvette Performance Parts, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, OEM, Aftermarket

FS: Selling 22 Silver Wheel Nut Caps for 85 cents ea

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2007, 06:45 PM
Rick93Z07
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default FS: Selling 22 Silver Wheel Nut Caps for 85 cents ea

Don't pay $2.50 ea at Eckler's or wherever.

I'm offering 22 caps in new to very good condition for $18 plus $7 shipping.

Payment of $25 via paypal, check or money order, shipment to 48 continental USA states only.

pics available via email, if you wish.

Don't PM or post, just click on my USERID and email me.

thanks
Old 04-29-2007, 01:55 AM
92Beast
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will take them. Send PM with paypal address.
Old 04-29-2007, 12:17 PM
Rick93Z07
Drifting

Originally Posted by Rick93Z07
...........Don't PM or post, just click on my USERID and email me.

thanks
Despite the original instructions to email only, Member 92Beast PM'd me as "interested". I replied to his PM and tried email to confirm, but I'm getting no response & email address is unknown.

As such, I'm just letting everyone know that I have not recieved email from 92Beast for these caps.

Therefore they are still for sale. Sorry for this situation, but first email recieved gets the caps.

Last edited by Rick93Z07; 04-29-2007 at 09:35 PM. Reason: Clarifying lack of PM reply
Old 04-29-2007, 01:19 PM
92Beast
Pro

Dang Guy!!! Take a look at where I am. You expect me to reply to your PM at 3AM my time and then complain because I did not respond by 6AM my time. And yes I replied on the forum as that is the most open way of doing business.

Keep your Nut covers. You must need them for something else.
Old 04-29-2007, 06:55 PM
Rick93Z07
Drifting

Originally Posted by 92Beast
Dang Guy!!! Take a look at where I am. You expect me to reply to your PM at 3AM my time and then complain because I did not respond by 6AM my time. And yes I replied on the forum as that is the most open way of doing business.

Keep your Nut covers. You must need them for something else.
Listen friend, there's a few things going on you don't realize:

1) What was I supposed to tell buyers who wanted the caps and emailed me before you did? They followed buyer instructions (and you did not), yet I turned them away because your PM was time stamped earlier. They didn't think that was fair. Seriously, do you? I struggle to find the right answer.

2) You never sent me an email, as was specifically requested. I agree that using PM across time zones like some sort of chat or phone does not work. You put me in a position where I needed quick reply to acquire email address.

3) When folks advertize stuff for sale and communicate via PM, they can get multiple interested parties and multiple Paypal payments may be forwarded from buyers for a single item. I was trying to avoid a payment race & crediting nightmare. Invoicing and awarding the sale to one individual via email prevents those problems because only 1 buyer can pay. I was trying invoice you, but I could not get you to send me an email with the necessary info. I had 3 emails from other folks at that point & I still did not have your email address for paypal invoicing.

4) I got 2 legitimate requests for these covers via email, & fyi, I turned them away while awaiting your email or PM reply. Your intial PM did not contain basic info. Another fellow got pissed when I told him that I did not get an email from you after almost 10 hours passed, yet you were still getting first dib's. You unintentionally put me in an impossible position. Does this explain why I was so anxious for a reply?? You had me on the hook, but I was feeling a bit uneasy. If you had initially sent an email instead of PM, as I requested, things would have went smoothly and nobody would have gotten pissed off.

Please don't blame me because you didn't follow posted directions. I needed a reply to your unsolicited PM at an "inconvenient hour" because other folks on the East Coast wanted to know what's up RIGHT NOW. What could I do about that?

Hopefully other buyers that I turned away will see the situation you put me in or perhaps you will reconsider and honor your initial purchasing agreement, after my long-winded explanation. I'm just trying to sell merchandise at good value, ship quick and fairly treat all buyers.

Kindest Regards, Rick

Last edited by Rick93Z07; 04-29-2007 at 09:00 PM.
Old 04-30-2007, 03:48 AM
92Beast
Pro

In your 9:17am post, you stated the nut covers were back for sale (and sold given your later comments). I did not respond with an email per your "instructions" to your 9:17am post as it cancelled my offer.
Old 04-30-2007, 08:46 AM
Rick93Z07
Drifting

In your 9:17am post, you stated the nut covers were back for sale (and sold given your later comments). I did not respond with an email per your "instructions" to your 9:17am post as it cancelled my offer.
Hey, I put the caps back up for sale for anyone who would email me for invoicing, including you or other folks who emailed and were turned away earlier. Prospective buyers were upset because they sent an email before you did but you were awarded the caps via PM.

I never cancelled your offer!! You are the one who said "keep your nut covers". In fact, I've tried very hard to obtain an email address from you for invoicing to the point of irritating you. I'm still waiting for an email.

I never said the caps were sold per "later comments". I told you several folks were turned away as I held these caps for you. These folks were upset that I was holding the caps for you via PM, so they may no longer be interested.

Last edited by Rick93Z07; 04-30-2007 at 08:57 AM.
Old 04-30-2007, 08:59 AM
mikey whipreck
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Listen friend, there's a few things going on you don't realize:

1) What was I supposed to tell buyers who wanted the caps and emailed me before you did? They followed buyer instructions (and you did not), yet I turned them away because your PM was time stamped earlier. They didn't think that was fair. Seriously, do you? I struggle to find the right answer.
To be fair, he following forum instructions, which says you must post here first.
Old 04-30-2007, 09:05 AM
Mekanic
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mikey whipreck
To be fair, he following forum instructions, which says you must post here first.
The rules changed, they got rid of the "Dibs" system. I got hosed on an SLP Claw last week cause it changed, I didn't know, and I thought I had it on lockdown till I passed.
Old 04-30-2007, 09:16 AM
Rick93Z07
Drifting

Well, it appears I was trying to follow both the old and new system....

I gave 92Beast first dibs because I received correspondence from him first, even though it was not via email.

I turned 3 buyers away who emailed me with paypal offers after his PM.

One buyer who I turned away was very upset because I was giving dibs to somebody who never emailed me for invoicing.

Buyer 92Beast with first dibs and mystery email address get irritated because I'm trying to find a buyer to invoice.

Everybody gets upset and walks away....great.
Old 04-30-2007, 09:49 AM
mikey whipreck
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mekanic
The rules changed, they got rid of the "Dibs" system. I got hosed on an SLP Claw last week cause it changed, I didn't know, and I thought I had it on lockdown till I passed.
Ah okay, my bad then. I shouldn't have interfered in the thread, sorry.
Old 04-30-2007, 12:28 PM
Rick93Z07
Drifting

Originally Posted by mikey whipreck
Ah okay, my bad then. I shouldn't have interfered in the thread, sorry.
Mikey, I appreciate opinion...pro or con. Your post only illustrates the level of confusion here. I read the new rules fairly closely and seemed to be following them.

Few sellers honor first dibs when it's no longer mandatory, as Mekanic learned.

Turning away multiple buyers (with paypal & email address) over a 12 hour period to honor a verbal first dibs PM or post may cost you a sale, as I learned.

Nice guys finish last.
Old 04-30-2007, 02:37 PM
Chance
Team Owner

Location: I was a young troubadour when I rode in on a song, and I'll be an old troubadour when I'm gone.
St. Jude Donor '08

Just $25 guys. Let's all remain friends.

Old 04-30-2007, 03:30 PM
Rick93Z07
Drifting

Originally Posted by Chance

Just $25 guys. Let's all remain friends.

It's the principle of it & not money, Chance. I explained things that were not so apparent (other buyers turned away) and suggested putting the misunderstanding behind us to proceed with the transaction. Again, all I need is an email address as was clearly specified and BOLDED in post #1. Still waiting..... Only 92Beast can fix this SIMPLE problem. Other merchandise offered for sale on the same day has been paid for and shipped to four different buyers with tracking # and insurance already. Is this a seller or buyer issue? These nut covers sit boxed in my trunk just four blocks from the main UPS shipping depo still awaiting the first dib's buyer to respond with email address, shipping address and payment. How can I possibly resolve that problem? I can't.

IMO, a seller should not be penalized a good faith attempt to honor first dibs or trying to find any buyer after problems crop up or a particular buyer's refusal to provide email address or follow clear, written instructions. This is precisely why auction sites rate the buyer for following instructions & promptness of payment. When an buyer does not follow through, their reputation takes a hit.

Last edited by Rick93Z07; 04-30-2007 at 03:45 PM.
Old 04-30-2007, 03:47 PM
Chance
Team Owner

Location: I was a young troubadour when I rode in on a song, and I'll be an old troubadour when I'm gone.
St. Jude Donor '08

Still waiting..... Only 92Beast can fix this SIMPLE problem.
In post #4, 92Beast told you to keep your nut covers.

I would sell them to the next person in line and move on.

Old 04-30-2007, 03:48 PM
92Beast
Pro

Boy talk about squealin like a stuck pig. If you are such a great guy why are you continuing this fiasco over $18 (plus $7 shipping)? My profile is complete including my email address. Is yours????

My email service works just fine. I have received notification of your Forum posts so just maybe the probelm is yours. Maybe you should check your Internet service provider.

All your protestations do is make me more uncomfortable with your true sincerity about any of this. Maybe get a life??

Rule 7. "If a member feels comfortable dealing with another, that's all that matters."

Last edited by 92Beast; 04-30-2007 at 04:09 PM.
Old 04-30-2007, 05:25 PM
Rick93Z07
Drifting

In post #4, 92Beast told you to keep your nut covers.

I would sell them to the next person in line and move on.

I told other buyers that 92Beast got first dibs via PM & they got pissed because he did not follow instructions to email. There is nobody in line now because I gave 92Beast first dibs and then he backed out of the deal. Other's are upset that 92Beast got dibs.

Last edited by Rick93Z07; 04-30-2007 at 05:27 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To FS: Selling 22 Silver Wheel Nut Caps for 85 cents ea

Old 04-30-2007, 05:48 PM
Rick93Z07
Drifting

Boy talk about squealin like a stuck pig. If you are such a great guy why are you continuing this fiasco over $18 (plus $7 shipping)? My profile is complete including my email address. Is yours????

My email service works just fine. I have received notification of your Forum posts so just maybe the probelm is yours. Maybe you should check your Internet service provider.

All your protestations do is make me more uncomfortable with your true sincerity about any of this. Maybe get a life??

Rule 7. "If a member feels comfortable dealing with another, that's all that matters."
Fine. Now you resort to namecalling, playing games, false statements and twisting facts. How old are you?

1) Your email address is not visible to other members & you surely know that. I can not see the information displayed in your Forum User Control Panel. You never gave me your email address as instructed in the ORIGINAL POST.
2) Paypal invoices can not be sent through the corvetteforum email feature & don't even pretend that & try to blame me. Forum email functions are limited & it surely does not initiate or forward paypal invoices.
3) My behavior is a direct function of your total lack of cooperation and willingness to follow-through and provide the minimal information, as stated in post#1. Refusing to provide email address and payment after asking to reserve an item via PM is not appropriate.

Last edited by Rick93Z07; 04-30-2007 at 06:01 PM.
Old 04-30-2007, 05:49 PM
Chance
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '08

There is nobody in line now
Suddenly no one wants your item?

Obviously you had others intrested in making a purchase. Contact them again.
Old 04-30-2007, 05:59 PM
Rick93Z07
Drifting

Suddenly no one wants your item?

Obviously you had others intrested in making a purchase. Contact them again.
Right.

I did. Other's have no obligation to buy because the item was not being held for them. As I already explained, other folks got upset when I gave first dibs by PM, holding this merchandise for 92Beast. They are no longer interested & 92Beast withdrew.

Quick Reply: FS: Selling 22 Silver Wheel Nut Caps for 85 cents ea