Notices
C4 Parts for Sale/Wanted C4 Corvette Performance Parts, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, OEM, Aftermarket

Where to buy drilled & slotted rotors - HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2001, 02:28 PM
cerby
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NO longer need drilled & slotted rotors!The deal is done!!

Does anyone know where to purchase drilled/slotted 13" rotors at a reasonable price? My new Chrome Y2K wheels, SS brake lines, Ceramix pads and GS Calipers are sitting in my garage waiting for the "backordered" right side powdercoated GS rotors to come in from 18carfan. I dont think I can wait any more to install this project!!!!!
I know he will send the uncoated rotors if I want them but I really would like the drilled/slotted look under those wheels and calipers. Does anyone have a source for these at a good price?
Please let me know ASAP as I am getting really crazy over this decision!!! :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

[Modified by cerby, 4:02 PM 10/5/2001]

[Modified by cerby, 2:51 PM 10/23/2001]
Old 10-05-2001, 02:36 PM
KCvetteowner
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Where to buy drilled & slotted rotors - HELP!! (cerby)

I got mine from Baer. GM OEM x-drilled and slotted. About $800 for all four if I remember correctly.
Old 10-05-2001, 04:59 PM
SPD DMN
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Cruise-In I Veteran
Cruise-In II Veteran

roadtech@flash.net

Give John a shout. He just started carrying them and could probably give you a heck of a deal.

Here is a pick of what he offers...

[Modified by Vette92, 3:50 PM 10/5/2001]
Old 10-05-2001, 10:29 PM
onry
Racer

$750.00 plus shipping. I have a source I can get them from. They are crossdrilled/slotted and zinc washed. They are not gold like the rotors above. They are true BAER castings and not cheap pieces or stock GM rotors with holes in them. If you need them just let me know.
Old 10-06-2001, 10:49 AM
Rkreigh
Le Mans Master

Received 707 Likes on 543 Posts

Default Re: Where to buy drilled & slotted rotors - HELP!! (onry)

I need a pair of the baer ZR1 rear rotors. zinc washed, slotted, x drilled.

can you sell me a pair???

please email me

ron_kreigh@hotmail.com thx :D
Old 10-06-2001, 05:03 PM
Hammer
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Cerby,
We have the same setup (see signature).

I have the Baer Eradispeed rotors, they are crossdrilled, slotted, zinc washed, and have a black hub.
Old 10-06-2001, 08:27 PM
cerby
Burning Brakes

Default Re: Where to buy drilled & slotted rotors - HELP!! (Hammer)

Those are beautiful! They usually cost 5 times the stock 13" units do. GM GS 13" rotors can be has for Approx $80.00. Stock 13" rotors are $76.00. The only difference is the black paint on the hub and the edge fins.
please email me at:

cerbesfield@prudentialgeorgia.com and let me know about pricing and how to order. Also if you have alternitives I would be interested. This is for a 1992 and I already have 13" GS Calipers and Ceramis pads. Thanks alot! :yesnod:
Old 10-07-2001, 07:13 PM
92TripleBlack
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hammer, where'd you get the eradispeeds? I want a set as I know you save about 20 lbs in weight and they work much better than anything GM has made. I've tried the Baer site but they don't list ANY retailers of their equipment or any prices.
Thanks
92TripleBlack
Old 10-07-2001, 09:11 PM
Jay Axson
Melting Slicks

Hammer,

Those are really sweet. Did you have to use short caliper pistons?

Jay
Old 10-07-2001, 09:23 PM
92TripleBlack
Safety Car

Default Re: Where to buy drilled & slotted rotors - HELP!! (Jay Axson)

Hey Jay, I want them on my 92 Triple Black 6 speed first. :jester
Where are you located?
92TripleBlack
Old 10-07-2001, 10:21 PM
Jay Axson
Melting Slicks

Default Re: Where to buy drilled & slotted rotors - HELP!! (92TripleBlack)

I'm about 20 mins North of Boston. I want them too. It's going to take a while for me to get past the thought of $750 for rotors, then calipers and decent rims to show them off ($2500 in all).

But got past $850 for mufflers. Corsas are in the mail

Old 10-07-2001, 10:34 PM
92TripleBlack
Safety Car

I'm working on the rims and tires. I have the Michelin Pilot sports 275-40-17 front and 315-35-17 rear and I'm getting the GS rims and GS Fender flares in two weeks. I'm probably gonna get chrome which means I'll need to pick up snow tires for the stock rims to use when the salts out.
Michelin Pilots:$1250
Chrome GS rims:$1300
GS Flares Painted:$250
Snow tires:$900

After this, $750 for rotors seems easy. I'm debating if I want the Baer/C5 calipers or Force 10. I'll probably go with a polished Baer front and rear. Force 10 is ugly and looks heavy. Sure they stop great but do I really need them with C5 brakes and eradispeed rotors for another $600? Baer polished calipers, eradispeed rotors, chrome wheels flares - Its gonna look mean on a Black vert. :cheers: Besides, I'm saving the $600 for Mr stroker, my cars new years present. Did you do anything to your car yet?
BTW, since your 4 hours away, I probably won't get a chance to do this on the road so :seeya
Later dude.
92TripleBlack
Old 10-07-2001, 11:02 PM
Hammer
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Got the rotors from Nate @ Xtrememotorsports.com

Great service. One came in slightly damaged, he had a new one for me very quickly.

I have been very happy with my setup.

Jim
Old 10-08-2001, 08:31 PM
Jay Axson
Melting Slicks

92TripleBlack

I agree they will look really "mean".

I have owned the car for about 6 months. So far I have replaced a few interior trim pieces that were damaged, intalled SLP claw cold air intake.

I have the Corsa's on the way. I've got a new clutch (OEM) in the box ready to go in once the Corsa's arrive. I also have a new Optispark that I'll put in over the winter along with an electric water pump.

Next spring I'll either go with Hot cam and ported heads or with chrome Z06 rims and big brakes. Tuff choice, looks or performance....

Old 10-08-2001, 10:30 PM
onry
Racer

If any one needs these rotors I would be more than happy to get them for you. A set of 4 with the 13" fronts are 750.00 plus shipping. These are the crossdrilled/slotted and zinc washed rotors. I can get the Eradispeeds but they are about two hundred more dollars. If you need them please email me directly as I do not check this section very often. To the moderator, I am not a supporting vendor or a vendor at all for that matter, I'm not trying to make a business out of selling these things and in no way will selling a couple of sets this cheap help the economy or my automotive repair shop. I do not advertise anything for sale on this site on a regular basis and anything I usually do sell is from my own personal car. I was just offering my services in case someone needs them. Thank you.
Old 10-09-2001, 12:05 AM
92TripleBlack
Safety Car

jay, I had to go tires first because my old ones were getting dry rot. I gotta go brakes next as the fronts are just about shot so I'm kinda stuck in what I need to get. Once I get these out of the way, I'm gonna get exhaust and then start working on the intake and motor. My friend who works for Siemens engineering in Germany and developed the Mass air flow sensor for the viper says he is going to slap something experimental on the motor that I will like. :D I eventually want to end up with a stroker and a 2 3/4-3" exhaust, etc. The only other thing I need to worry about is the top. I want to replace it and the weatherstrips. They still look ok but the original owner really blew the upkeep and they look shabby. I will go to a glass rear. I'm debating if I want to upgrade most parts to at least LT-4 specs when I do the motor such as the opticrap. What is different on the 92 LT-1 from the LT-4 that I should just leave alone?

Onry, I want the eradispeeds as they save you weight and are very good stoppers. I'm going to a C5 up front and stock calipers rear. Do I need the C5 set, the C4 set or 2 of each front and rear? xtreme has the eradispeeds for a C5 application for $790. Xtereme also has the fronts only for $530. Unless I read it wrong, the Baer site says the regular Baer rotors are an aesthetic upgrade but offer no performance gains vs. stock. They say if you want to upgrade the rotor, go Eradispeed. If you can beat this and don't want to post a price, mail me. I need to do my brakes and I'm open to deals. I need to do the full job so packages with brackets, SS lines, pads, etc. are what I am most interested in.
Thanks
92TripleBlack. :cheers:
Old 10-09-2001, 10:41 AM
bellmd
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Hammer, those look great! I'm needing to upgrade my non-J55 94 brakes and I was wondering where you got your calipers and the other parts necessary for this upgrade? They look cool. What pad are you using with those?

Get notified of new replies

To Where to buy drilled & slotted rotors - HELP!!

Old 10-09-2001, 02:41 PM
Hammer
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Default Re: Where to buy drilled & slotted rotors - HELP!! (bellmd)

I purchased some of the upgrades from gmpartsdirect.com.

However, Jeff Kopp (18carfan) has better pricing, knowledge and service.

I wanted to replace every single nut, bolt, lug, bracket,washer, everything. It was Jeff that was able to give me all the part #'s and quick delivery.

The pads are in my sig, Ceramix.

Let me know if you have any more questions.
Old 10-12-2001, 02:04 PM
USAZR1
Le Mans Master

Received 1,868 Likes on 1,084 Posts
C5 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

Default Re: Where to buy drilled & slotted rotors - HELP!! (Rkreigh)

Ron,I'm a Baer dealer so give me a shout. Just shipped a set of the new Eradispeed two-piece rotors to a Registry member in MA.
Old 10-15-2001, 05:50 AM
importeater
Racer

Default Re: Where to buy drilled & slotted rotors - HELP!! (USAZR1)

i'll give you a extra set i have laying around for $350, email me at ptrainer02@aol.com & i can send you a pic, 13" drilled, slotted, plated

Quick Reply: Where to buy drilled & slotted rotors - HELP!!