Notices
C4 Parts for Sale/Wanted C4 Corvette Performance Parts, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, OEM, Aftermarket

*GP on Stainless Works full length headers for L98 and LT1/4

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2005, 06:47 PM
Corvette Kid
Large Impressive Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Good health is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die
Received 68 Likes on 34 Posts
St. Jude Donor '04-'05-'06-'07

Default *GP on Stainless Works full length headers for L98 and LT1/4

UPDATE! GP extended through January.

10/14 The nice folks at SWs have now added a $20 rebate and free T-shirt to the deal.

I'm honored to have been asked by Al at Stainless Works to post this for them. Here's the details. Headers and connector pipes are all 304 stainless. These are extremely well built headers of heavy gauge pipe and with stout 3/8" flanges. Primary size is 1 5/8" and collector sizes are 2 1/2" or 3", your choice. A.I.R. delete is available for you racers. They are a tall oval port design that will work with factory, modified or aftermarket heads. There is a little welding required to attach the connector pipes (w/ or w/o cats) to the stock LT1/4 exhaust system but they've managed to fit the cats beside the transmission on automatic cars with the 2 1/2" connectors. Manual cars have the option of 3". There is free shipping with this GP with a 4-6 week lead time for delivery once ordered. A minimum of 10 sets must be ordered and there's a limit of 20 available with this offer. Here's the prices and options.

Headers alone $749

With off road connector pipes (no cats) for LT1/4 $849

With connector pipes and cats for LT1/4 $1149

L98 w/ Y pipe $899

For more info email them at info@stainlessworks.net or call them toll free at 1-800-878-3635

Last edited by Corvette Kid; 01-04-2006 at 05:05 PM.
Old 08-10-2005, 06:35 PM
jimbomill
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Corvette Kid NC
I'm honored to have been asked by Al at Stainless Works to post this for them. Here's the details. Headers and connector pipes are all 304 stainless. These are extremely well built headers of heavy gauge pipe and with stout 3/8" flanges. Primary size is 1 5/8" and collector sizes are 2 1/2" or 3", your choice. A.I.R. delete is available for you racers. They are a tall oval port design that will work with factory, modified or aftermarket heads. There is a little welding required to attach the connector pipes (w/ or w/o cats) to the stock LT1/4 exhaust system but they've managed to fit the cats beside the transmission on automatic cars with the 2 1/2" connectors. Manual cars have the option of 3". There is free shipping with this GP with a 4-6 week lead time for delivery once ordered. A minimum of 10 sets must be ordered and there's a limit of 20 available with this offer. Here's the prices and options.

Headers alone $749

With off road connector pipes (no cats) for LT1/4 $849

L98 w/ Y pipe $899

For more info email them at info@stainlessworks.net or call them toll free at 1-800-878-3635
Chris,
since you've had the EM's, already have the DRM's and had other sets of headers, I thought I'd ask which set do you think is esier to install? Which would be your favorite and why?
thanks!
Old 08-11-2005, 01:33 AM
Corvette Kid
Large Impressive Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by jimbomill
Chris,
since you've had the EM's, already have the DRM's and had other sets of headers, I thought I'd ask which set do you think is esier to install? Which would be your favorite and why?
thanks!
I haven't found any quality headers that are very difficult to install on the LTx cars. I've always preferred stainless steel for headers, they are bulletproof. These are a higher grade of stainless than my DRMs and I'm getting a set of them. Does that answer your question?
Old 08-11-2005, 07:18 AM
jimbomill
Burning Brakes

I haven't found any quality headers that are very difficult to install on the LTx cars. I've always preferred stainless steel for headers, they are bulletproof. These are a higher grade of stainless than my DRMs and I'm getting a set of them. Does that answer your question?
Y'up, question is answered.
I'm with you on the stainless steel preference too.
Here's another one - with the listed extensions, you do not have to replace the Cats?
One reason I say this is the Lingenfelter did a test and found the stock cats to flow really well, I'll have to go look up the number.
Old 08-11-2005, 08:42 AM
kwik_ta
Race Director

Location: St. Peters MO Sometimes you have to prove yourself by doing alot of killing or alot of dying...

So what are you doing with your old set??? Hook a po' brotha up
Old 08-11-2005, 12:13 PM
Corvette Kid
Large Impressive Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by kwik_silver
So what are you doing with your old set??? Hook a po' brotha up
Sorry dude, they ain't goin' nowhere. This isn't the only LTx C4 I plan to own!
Old 08-11-2005, 01:02 PM
kwik_ta
Race Director

Location: St. Peters MO Sometimes you have to prove yourself by doing alot of killing or alot of dying...

Sorry dude, they ain't goin' nowhere. This isn't the only LTx C4 I plan to own!
K... so on that note... how bout you just adopt me and I'll bring my LT4 CE with me Just playing Chris

Thanks for this hook up!!! That is an outstanding price!!!
Old 08-11-2005, 07:28 PM
Corvette Kid
Large Impressive Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Y'up, question is answered.
I'm with you on the stainless steel preference too.
Here's another one - with the listed extensions, you do not have to replace the Cats?
One reason I say this is the Lingenfelter did a test and found the stock cats to flow really well, I'll have to go look up the number.
I think I know what you're asking. There is no way, on an LT1/4 car to use the stock cats with full length headers. Before, most with automatic cars had to put them beyond the transmission. Stainless Works has worked it out where you can put them beside the transmission on the A4 cars, allowing you to retain the resonator on your stock or aftermarket system. For example, my Power Effects system is PLENTY loud, even with it's resonator in place. I would not want to have to delete it on a daily driver, as this car is.
Old 08-11-2005, 08:21 PM
95wht6spd
Le Mans Master

Received 271 Likes on 211 Posts

Do they offer 1 3/4 primary headers for the LT1?
What size are the connectors, do they mate to the stock exhaust?
Any pics?
Old 08-11-2005, 11:50 PM
jimbomill
Burning Brakes

I think I know what you're asking. There is no way, on an LT1/4 car to use the stock cats with full length headers. Before, most with automatic cars had to put them beyond the transmission. Stainless Works has worked it out where you can put them beside the transmission on the A4 cars, allowing you to retain the resonator on your stock or aftermarket system. For example, my Power Effects system is PLENTY loud, even with it's resonator in place. I would not want to have to delete it on a daily driver, as this car is.
I just haven't spent enough time on my car ... either uner it or hanging over the engine compartment

I have the MN6 ZF6 funster manual, which is a nice car to drive - not that I do not like automatic transmissions. Essentially, I have to replace my stock cats using these (or any LT) headers, as well as get the 3-inch extensions, I think it boils down to.
Old 08-12-2005, 09:30 PM
Corvette Kid
Large Impressive Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by 95wht6spd
Do they offer 1 3/4 primary headers for the LT1?
What size are the connectors, do they mate to the stock exhaust?
Any pics?
As far as I know, they do not offer 1 3/4". Without getting into the primary size debate, many believe there are some distinct advantages to the 1 5/8" headers for a stock or even a modified engine, particularly for street driving. Yes, they can be connected to the factory system. Connector pipe options are listed in the original post. Email me (through link in my profile) and I can send you some pics of a hook-up to a stock system.

I just haven't spent enough time on my car ... either uner it or hanging over the engine compartment

I have the MN6 ZF6 funster manual, which is a nice car to drive - not that I do not like automatic transmissions. Essentially, I have to replace my stock cats using these (or any LT) headers, as well as get the 3-inch extensions, I think it boils down to.
With a manual, you have more options. You can go with cats right off of the headers and go from there. Are you running stock or aftermarket catback?
Old 08-12-2005, 11:00 PM
FD2BLK
Safety Car

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

I bought these last time they had a GP and they are the best headers I have ever owned, No coating needed with these as they are stainless and wont rust and disipate heat great. The generate less heat then the stock manifolds and cool extreamly fast
Old 08-13-2005, 11:27 AM
Slalom4me
Le Mans Master

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

^^^ Up you go
Old 08-13-2005, 11:21 PM
JYAMZE
Instructor

Interested!
Old 08-14-2005, 12:40 PM
Corvette Kid
Large Impressive Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by JYAMZE
Interested!
Give Al a call tomorrow and tell him you're calling re/ the GP. The free shipping will be an even bigger bonus for you!
Old 08-14-2005, 03:09 PM
jimbomill
Burning Brakes

I have the Corsa system from the cats back.
Old 08-14-2005, 06:26 PM
Cozmo
Team Owner

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
CentralTX Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

I too have a Corsa cat back system on a 96 A4. This includes cats of what brand? I'm assuming high flow cats.

What about noise comfort level for the wife? (I know I'm gonna hear crap about that)

Get notified of new replies

To *GP on Stainless Works full length headers for L98 and LT1/4

Old 08-14-2005, 07:36 PM
Corvette Kid
Large Impressive Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by longhorn_C4
I too have a Corsa cat back system on a 96 A4. This includes cats of what brand? I'm assuming high flow cats.

What about noise comfort level for the wife? (I know I'm gonna hear crap about that)
Headers shouldn't really add much to the noise level but will definitely improve the sound. I really don't know what kind of cats they use, they may even manufacture their own. I couldn't find them listed separately on their website. Give Al a call tomorrow, I'm sure he can fill you in.
Old 08-15-2005, 11:12 AM
alnoe
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi Guys

We use random technology high flow converters. Unfortunately, we do not make a 1 3/4" header for the lt cars-the 1 3/4" tubes are just too tight to fit well in the cars, and 1 5/8" is plenty unless you plan on making well over 500 HP. To be on the GP, call us at 800-878-3635 and ask for Scott or Brian.

We also offer a limited lifetime warranty on our products which covers all materials and workmanship. We pride ourselves on building a great products at a fair price. Our C5 headers were used on the only C5 to have ever woen the one lap of America, and are also used by the fastest c5's in the country. We also manufacture an excellent ZR1 header, and a C3 small and big block header. So for Corvettes from 63-current, we manufacture several styles of header for your application.

Thanks and let us know if you have any questions.
Old 08-16-2005, 12:25 PM
megatron
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by alnoe
Hi Guys

We use random technology high flow converters. Unfortunately, we do not make a 1 3/4" header for the lt cars-the 1 3/4" tubes are just too tight to fit well in the cars, and 1 5/8" is plenty unless you plan on making well over 500 HP. To be on the GP, call us at 800-878-3635 and ask for Scott or Brian.

Thanks and let us know if you have any questions.
Just a question. Doesn't Exotic Muscle (EM) make a 1 3/4" header that supposedly fits great on these cars? Just curious.

Quick Reply: *GP on Stainless Works full length headers for L98 and LT1/4