C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

C4 to C5 Body Kit

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2004, 08:47 PM
zelement
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by C4VetteLT1
Have you guys seen this C4 to C5 conversion kit? I think it looks pretty cool. I wouldn't personally do it to mine being that I'd be concerned that it would depreciate the value of the Colector Edition. But it would be fun to do to a project coupe. Have any of you seen or done this? If so, I'd love to see some pictures of the completed project.

I found this originally posted on E-Bay a few weeks age and here's what they had to say:

MajesticCorvette

Your discount connection to corvette perfection! Imagine a one-stop vette shop with everything you need or want for your Corvette. A place where people know vettes, drive them and LOVE them! Well, you don't have to dream anymore - it's here! Not only can we service all of your needs, we do it at the best prices around! We deal with the top suppliers world-wide to bring you the best products for the best prices! Restoring your car? Whether you're building a Sunday driver or going to Bloomington Gold - we'll get you the parts you need. New-Nos-Used-Restored we'll get the right parts for you. Call us and see the the difference. Call for a catalog 631-261-6191

Why but ground effects on your C4 when you can make your C4 LOOK LIKE A C5! This easy-to-install fiberglass kit features 8 pieces… a front bumper, a rear bumper, two side vents, two side skirts and two lower door skins. All are direct bolt-on components with the exception of the door skins, which require the use of a special epoxy adhesive (included.) All components are gelcoated - ready to be sanded and painted. (Light kit not included but we do have it in stock call for price) This kit normally sells in corvette america for $1294.00 But since where the new kid on the block we are listing this item with NO RESERVE. Good Luck everyone!
WHY????? you have a beautiful C4. Do you see any C2 to C3 or C3 to C4 conversions. Each corvette represents an era why ruin it with something so horrible. It's worse then a ricer trying to put Vtech badges everywhere.

I wish I can find the person that designed it and punch him in the face for devaluing the one sports car that represented america for 13 years.
Old 10-20-2004, 12:37 AM
C5VetteLS1
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09

Originally Posted by zelement
WHY????? you have a beautiful C4. Do you see any C2 to C3 or C3 to C4 conversions. Each corvette represents an era why ruin it with something so horrible. It's worse then a ricer trying to put Vtech badges everywhere.

I wish I can find the person that designed it and punch him in the face for devaluing the one sports car that represented america for 13 years.
I'm really not sure why so many many of you folks keep asking "WHY". I clearly stated, and I'll quote myself: "I wouldn't personally do it to mine being that I'd be concerned that it would depreciate the value of the Colector Edition"

I just thought it looked pretty cool, and maybe if I had a project coupe that I was putting together, it might be considered. My personal opinion of my C4, is that ANYTHING that alters it in any way would destroy the perfection that Chevy created! My 96 is truly a work of art that simply can not be improved upon ... at least IMO. Hell, I don't even want to change my wheels. I think they're a perfect match for the car. I won't even chrome or polish them and I can do it for free.

So rest assured that nobody will see ANY changes in my coupe as long as I own it! And at 48K mile, I expect to own it for quite some time
Old 10-20-2004, 02:13 AM
skateparkdave
Melting Slicks

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06

No way!!
Old 10-20-2004, 07:09 AM
Red Tornado
Team Owner

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

my advice to anyone who has a stock body (ie, didn't buy a vette with body kit parts on it already) is:

1. don't make your vette look like something it isn't (even improper badges, like a ZR1 when it isn't).
2. don't do it.
3. don't ever do it.
4. don't ever do it, period.

i used to like the idea of kits a couple years ago. however, since then i've not only changed my mind, but have become quite opposed. so i guess you caould say its a "been there, done that" kind of thing.

this is in no way meant to upset anyone who bought their vettes with kit parts already on.....if you bought it that way because you liked it that's fine - especially since these folks didn't pay the cost of install/painting, etc.

Last edited by Red Tornado; 10-20-2004 at 08:41 AM.
Old 10-20-2004, 09:05 AM
90EXPVette
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The kit is not that offensive. I'm all for making your ride your own. You paid for it so enjoy it however you want!

C4.5 I've never seen the vert version...do you have a website with pics?

Joe
Old 10-20-2004, 06:29 PM
loiq
Team Owner

I put a C4 conversion kit on my C5. Looks mint.
Old 10-20-2004, 09:57 PM
vizkiz
Threadkiller
Support Corvetteforum!

Cruise-In 9-10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09

Are those stupid kits still around?

Where the hell are the C4--->C6 and C5--->C6 kits already?
Old 10-20-2004, 10:11 PM
c4sforever
Team Owner

Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06

i think my screen name says it all. ground effects and rear deck spoilers are ok so long as it remains a c4
Old 10-21-2004, 03:25 AM
C4.5
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by 90EXPVette
The kit is not that offensive. I'm all for making your ride your own. You paid for it so enjoy it however you want!

C4.5 I've never seen the vert version...do you have a website with pics?

Joe
I will try to get some pics in the next day or so up on a page and post the URL.
Old 10-23-2004, 09:04 PM
Hawaiian Shark
Cruising

Default C4 Face Lift

I bought one of those kits and put on a 88 coupe from corvette west. Everything fit pretty good except the backend is bigger than the real C5. I gave $1200 for the kit that includes the light kit. I took the spare tire carrier off and ran duals with dual tips in the middle with no mufflers just the catalyic converter and it sounded great. I bought the car for $5000 after the kit and paint I sold the car for $15,000. But I would'nt do it to a 96. I can see putting the kit on 84 though 89 because you can buy them dime a dozen and cheap. I call it the poor man C5. P.S I 'll never do another one just wanted to try it one time. I have 94 Pearl Black and I love it just the way it is.

Last edited by Hawaiian Shark; 10-23-2004 at 09:12 PM.
Old 10-23-2004, 09:08 PM
kenv
Le Mans Master

Location: levittown pa. usa Even a bad day with my `Vette, is better than a good day at work
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

Originally Posted by cicch95
Old 10-24-2004, 01:50 PM
CentralCoaster
Team Owner

Location: San Diego , CA Double Yellow DirtBags 1985..Z51..6-speed
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

[QUOTE=Hawaiian SharkEverything fit pretty good except the backend is bigger than the real C5. [/QUOTE]

Even bigger!
Old 10-24-2004, 02:44 PM
91DRM
Team Owner

Received 329 Likes on 229 Posts

Originally Posted by 86_RedRider

the c5's would not except you and you would be disowned by the c4's.
Damn! Talk about a redheaded (torch red?) basturd, stepchild!

Quick Reply: C4 to C5 Body Kit