Notices
C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Going C4 shopping tomorrow, advice needed..

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2004, 11:38 PM
REW89
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You mentioned the CD did not work. If it is a BOSE system they can be very costly to repair, AND can be expensive to replace with another system.

I do not have BOSE but have heard some horror stories of costs out the wazoo. I enourage others reading this to chime in with additional information.

Bob
Old 09-04-2004, 01:21 AM
FirehawkNS
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by REW89
You mentioned the CD did not work. If it is a BOSE system they can be very costly to repair, AND can be expensive to replace with another system.

I do not have BOSE but have heard some horror stories of costs out the wazoo. I enourage others reading this to chime in with additional information.

Bob
Luckly We have a full Alpine/Polk audio/MTX/sirius/ system that will come out of the 79. I get cost on Car audio equipment and free installation so I am not too concerned with that. But the 79 will go back to stock (all except main speakers and a spare Head Unit I have lying around will replace the higher dollar HU that's in it) Radio, Sub, amp will come out and put in the new car if and when he gets one!!

My dad likes loud music like I do!!
Old 09-04-2004, 02:12 AM
comp
Team Owner

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

cool , if you can work on it look fo good paint and body that eats up big $$$$$
Old 09-04-2004, 11:06 PM
Black85L98
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=1986pacecar]
Originally Posted by bogus
Get the newest you can afford. QUOTE]
I'm going to disagree a little and say buy the BEST Vette you can afford. There are a bunch of very good early L98 C4's out there for sale and they can be a real bargain. This "buy the newest" mantra on the forum gets a little old and the basic argument is that they are more refined. Well, if you really want refined, buy a C5.
I agree. L98 cars are a blast to drive. How often do you need top end speed over 150? How often do you pull away from a red light? I miss mine. The LT1 is a nice motor with decent gas mileage but for me not as fun as the L98.

Quick Reply: Going C4 shopping tomorrow, advice needed..