C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Hypertech Power Tuning Module

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2004, 02:41 AM
ynk1121
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Hypertech Power Tuning Module

Optimize the spark curve, throttle response, acceleration and fuel economy of your 1994-96 Corvette with a Hypertech Power Tuning Module. Contains a microprocessor, programmed for maximum torque and power over your Corvette's entire RPM range. Simply open the hood, unplug the cable from the ECM, plug the cable into the Power Tuning Module, then plug the module's cable into the ECM.
I Was Thinking Of Getting One Of These. Does Anyone Have one of these? Do They Actually do anything? Are They Worth The Money?
Old 08-16-2004, 01:49 PM
all4c4lt4
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ynk1121

I Was Thinking Of Getting One Of These. Does Anyone Have one of these? Do They Actually do anything? Are They Worth The Money?

I doubt that you will see any power increase from it, but it may be usefull to change the fan temps and adjust the speedo for different gears. I picked one up used to adjust my fans settings. I wouldn't pay over $120 for one, imo.
Old 08-16-2004, 03:41 PM
byte_me
Safety Car

Received 210 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by ynk1121

Funny that you bring this up- I just used the Hypertech Power Programmer III on my 94- Just took the basic program it recommended...

Here is what I noticed: Fans come on earlier (which is nice) and it firmed up my shift...to be exact, I pushed the ASR off- stood on the throttle...it light the tires up very well and actually chirped 2nd! (was not this aggressive prior)

The Hypertech book says that the programmer I have gives 31FT\LB more torque @1500 RPM's...it also states that the rev limiter went up to like 6600RPM and something with top speed as well...(have not tried these two) but it did seem a little more torquey from the git-go...I bought this on the forum here brand new in the box for $150. Well worth it for firmer shifts and fan temp change!

Look around- there are some more for sale here...

http://www.hypertech.com/programmer.html

this is the one I have

Last edited by byte_me; 08-16-2004 at 03:43 PM.
Old 08-16-2004, 04:59 PM
MinnesotaWhite
Le Mans Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hope to either verify/dispel the Hypertech claims this fall at the drag strip.

I too have a Hypertech III and installed it a couple of times at the track. Sure I did have my best time with he program installed on street tires (13.4) but the following trip to the track I couldn't break 13.6...temps were close to the same.

Yes my shift was firmer, yes the fans did kick on at lower temps, but the default program is expecting a 160 degree thermostat...which I don't have...so the fans run all the time.

Remember!! These ONLY work on stock cars, as soon as you mod them you must get them properly tuned on a dyno!! A dyno tune will run you $500...this will do it to your stock car for a lot less.

Get notified of new replies

To Hypertech Power Tuning Module

Quick Reply: Hypertech Power Tuning Module