Notices
C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Installed Magnaflow's today!

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2004, 11:17 PM
MrWiggly
Racer

Location: Sunny Seaside Seabrook Texas (a whole 'nother country)
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Darkgh0st
The resonance problem is WAY overrated. You might have slight resonance if your engine is highley modded, even then you can fix the problem with an X pipe or sound deadening material under the carpet behind the seat.

I can hear the exhaust inside the car plenty, but if I didn't want to hear the exhaust inside the car I wouldn't have put them on. It amazes me when people take the quiet stock exhaust off and then bitch about how loud it is in the car after they put on aftermarket mufflers
I bot Magnaflows last year and had them on the car for less than 100 miles. The resonance was SO BAD that after the 5 mile trip from the muff shop home, I went straight upstairs and took 3 excedrin to stop the ringing in my ears. I tried the Magnaflows for a few more days and a few more headaches (my wife PROMISED no more sex until the originals were back on ...so... I sold 'em (quick) ...and....Iceman now enjoys them! He took me for a ride with them on his '95 and he had VERY little resonance. My '92 resonance was impossible.

Can the resonance problem be (somehow?) year specific?

(enjoy 'em, Tim!)
Old 07-18-2004, 11:55 PM
mustbampeg
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by eptaylor
[FONT=Arial]did you get cat back or just two mufflers for 350? If just mufflers what part number? They are just listed as universal fit on the website. Thanks

just the two mufflers. if i'm not mistaken the 92-up already has 2 3/4 or 3" pipe already, so there is no need to upgrade from the cat back. the part number is i believe 15623. on the website go to the search box and enter the part #. don't forget the coupon!

randy
Old 07-18-2004, 11:57 PM
mitymek
Melting Slicks

[FONT=Arial]did you get cat back or just two mufflers for 350? If just mufflers what part number? They are just listed as universal fit on the website. Thanks
its called the catback for both your 90 and the 92-up lt1s but the later ones are only muffs with a short turnout pipe attached.
theres pipes with your year,all the way to the cats. try a search for 15658 at www.hottexhaust.com
dont forget to enter the vetteforum in the coupon area on checkout
for a total of : Sub Total: $541.58
Coupon Discount: -$81.24
Sub Total: $460.34
im betting on your 90 you'll see some performance difference going to true duals.think its just noise on the later models.(and looks)
Old 07-19-2004, 08:57 AM
knp
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've never had a car with a modified exhaust before, so when I put the Magnaflows on my car, I had what I thought to be horrible resonance.

Then I realized what I was hearing was all the loose trim vibrating in the rear of the car. Two minutes with a screwdriver, tightening up the trim in the rear, solved the problem for me.
Old 07-19-2004, 02:00 PM
Darkgh0st
Melting Slicks

Since your Engine is an L98 you need the entire catback. Part # 15658
(LT1 system is Part Number is 15623)

The Hottexhaust.com website has layout that is difficult to navigate. Just type "corvette" in the search to find all of the Corvette muffler systems.

Make sure you use "vetteforum" as a coupon code to get your discount.

Sub Total: $541.58
Coupon Discount: -$81.24
Sub Total: $460.34

Total price for the L98 Catback system = $460.34 including shipping

Old 07-19-2004, 03:21 PM
AGENT 86
Race Director

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts

Quick Reply: Installed Magnaflow's today!