Notices
C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

If you met your C4's previous owner, what would you do to him/her?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2004, 09:13 PM
Gearheadotaku
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: If you met your C4's previous owner, what would you do to him/her? (CentralCoaster)

Previous owner of my Vette needs to be smacked around a bit. How do you manage to ruin a speaker by filling the compatment with anti-freeze? Why is the left front door speaker gone? Did you trade it for a rock of crack? How do you smoke 2 overdrive units in 47,000 miles?? Exhaust dragging on ground, every bit of the interoir under 1/4 inch of dust and dirt. Blue carpet is now brown..... :mad :mad :mad

Car is now undergoing 6 months of intensive care in my garage/clinic.

F U previous owner, a Yugo's too good for you! :boxing

Thanks for listening all, back to wrenchin'

[Modified by Gearheadotaku, 10:07 PM 2/12/2004]

[Modified by Gearheadotaku, 10:09 PM 2/12/2004]
Old 02-11-2004, 10:58 PM
GS057
Safety Car

Received 158 Likes on 120 Posts
2018 C6 of Year Finalist

Default Re: If you met your C4's previous owner, what would you do to him/her? (Gearheadotaku)

:cheers:
Old 02-11-2004, 11:11 PM
MrWiggly
Racer

Location: Sunny Seaside Seabrook Texas (a whole 'nother country)
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: If you met your C4's previous owner, what would you do to him/her? (SurfnSun)

Shake his/her hand for taking such good care of my car for me untill I could buy it.
:iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree:
Old 02-11-2004, 11:24 PM
MIke350
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: If you met your C4's previous owner, what would you do to him/her? (MrWiggly)

i guess i would thank them. they could have done a little better but could have done a lot worse like some i looked at before :crazy:
Old 02-12-2004, 01:45 AM
86PACER
Le Mans Master

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Re: If you met your C4's previous owner, what would you do to him/her? (CentralCoaster)

I would give him a swift kick in the a@@!!

Today I discovered that the right rear spindle nut on the rear wheel was only on there hand tight!!! This nut has a torque requirement of 165 ft lbs!!!!

No wonder the wheel had play and sounded like it was going to come off on hard left hand turns. And I was thinking of replacing the hub assemblies. Can you beleive this guys??

[Modified by 86PACER, 11:06 AM 2/12/2004]
Old 02-12-2004, 03:32 AM
Corvette Kid
Large Impressive Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Good health is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die
Received 68 Likes on 34 Posts
St. Jude Donor '04-'05-'06-'07

Default Re: If you met your C4's previous owner, what would you do to him/her? (rkessel)

Inform them that coolent should be changed.
:iagree: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: And the trans. fluid!
Old 02-12-2004, 12:44 PM
knp
Burning Brakes

I can't do much of anything, I bought it from my parents!!

At the time, I thought it was a good deal: $10.5K for a '92 w/87K miles. Bought it in '01. There were several $$$ problems that made it not such a good deal.

If I had bought it from someone else, I'd just ignore them and walk on by.
Old 02-12-2004, 09:47 PM
onrecess
Pro

Well, I'll be seeing my bro-in-law Sat for the first time since I bought it up in Detroit and drove it down (with a short stop for a new ENGINE!) I'll thank him. Worth every nickle. I'll even let him drive it... with the top down... before he goes back up to the icebox. :auto:
Old 02-13-2004, 11:18 AM
xs650
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Default Re: If you met your C4's previous owner, what would you do to him/her? (onrecess)

I would thank him for taking excellent cosmetic care of my 96 with under 40,000 miles and give him an e for effort on having it serviced at his dealer, but suggest he take his next car to a dealer that doesn't staff it's service department with chimpanzes.

I just installed a Hurst shifter and found out the car had a "remanufactured for GM" 6 speed transmission (the ZF plate on the side says so). The tranny installation had the following minor glitches.

Both rubber boots over the shifter mechanism were torm.

All three tie wraps that secure the boots were missing.

The tranny was 1/2 inch too far to the left and 1/4 inch too high according to the manual.

The left cat converter mount had two loose bolts (they are hard to get too ) :)

Wiring left hanging instead secured properly in three places.

The upper boot was half assed secured to the tunnel with loads of nasty tenacious sealant insted of being fit properly over the lip it attaches too.

There was a big gap on the right side of it. (no sealant is required if installed correctly)

I guess I should change the tranny fluid, since the dealer probably put in whatever was sitting on the bench closest to the car when they installed the transmission. :confused:

[Modified by xs650, 8:20 AM 2/13/2004]
Old 02-13-2004, 06:45 PM
bobcal
Instructor

Hell, I'd hug 'em! My car was virtually as new, inside and out. Somebody cared.
Old 02-13-2004, 06:58 PM
grapeknutz
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '06

I'd show them all the stuff I fixed and give them a ride!! :seeya
Old 02-13-2004, 07:47 PM
Third Gear
Burning Brakes

Default Re: If you met your C4's previous owner, what would you do to him/her? (grapeknutz)

It was a toss up between "thanking them" and "kicking them in the *****". I'd thank them for not driving it much, and keeping it extremely clean. I'd kick them in the ***** for the following: painting the intake crinkle black, and putting a Mid America PROM in the ECM (and not giving me the original). :smash: :smash: . I should take some new pics when I do a second round of Zaino... :D
Old 02-13-2004, 09:48 PM
40thVette
Intermediate

Default Re: If you met your C4's previous owner, what would you do to him/her? (WickedC4)

Thank them,I bought a great car! :)
Old 02-13-2004, 09:57 PM
lspalding
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Met the owner of the white one at the dealer prior to purchase. Would thank him for the upgrades he made that I didn't have to pay for. He'd be sick at how good the car looks now after my further upgrades.

Ran in to the prior owner of the black one a while back. Let him take it for a ride with the 383 he started to build but never finished. I'm sure it make him insane.
Old 02-13-2004, 10:00 PM
Kale
Team Owner

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Re: If you met your C4's previous owner, what would you do to him/her? (droeme)

I'd have a lot of questions, that's for sure.
Old 02-13-2004, 11:03 PM
Muffin
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Re: If you met your C4's previous owner, what would you do to him/her? (Kale)

She is a very nice and gracious lady. Amazed when I showed her the redone "Purple Pickle" I bought from her.
Old 02-14-2004, 08:36 PM
MaSTeRofDZaSTeR
Drifting

Location: "Drive like Hell, you'll get there faster." Tucson AZ

Hey Central.......you forgot the option of tying them to the back of the vette in a body bag and drag their carcass over speed bumps at tell. :) :seeya

Get notified of new replies

To If you met your C4's previous owner, what would you do to him/her?

Old 02-14-2004, 11:07 PM
GreyGhost
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: If you met your C4's previous owner, what would you do to him/her? (MaSTeRofDZaSTeR)

The previous owner and I chat now and then. I keep telling him much I appreciate him taking care of this car. I could not have asked for a better previous owner...thats for the 93

My 79...I would beat the dung out of the previous 900 owners :mad
Old 02-14-2004, 11:21 PM
CentralCoaster
Team Owner

Location: San Diego , CA Double Yellow DirtBags 1985..Z51..6-speed
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Re: If you met your C4's previous owner, what would you do to him/her? (Lone Ranger)

Kick 'em in the ***** for putting the wear on the left side bolster and seat bottom of the driver seat and for letting their foot lay against the speaker cover in the driver footwell enough to fuzz it up some, and finally for not regularly using Silicon Emulsion or similar on the weather strips (I got some cracks in them).
:smash: I'd hate to see what you'd do if I put a ding in the paint!
Old 02-14-2004, 11:52 PM
Yellow Submarine
Le Mans Master

Default Re: If you met your C4's previous owner, what would you do to him/her? (GreyGhost)

I would like to ask who is responsible for the clearcoat peeling off the car.
And, why in the hell they won't take care of a problem they caused and knew about.

The previous owner of my 86 is GM.

52,xxx miles now.
Z51 and 4+3

Quick Reply: If you met your C4's previous owner, what would you do to him/her?