C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

cheap every day use insurance?

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2003, 02:54 AM
egertge
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cheap every day use insurance?

I think i finally sold my 79, the buyer is supposed to pick it up on jan. 1st, so now im looking into a C4. I am 18, will be 19 jan. 9. dont think 18 to 19 makes a difference on insurance rates though. I love the collector car insurance on my 79 right now, 220ish per year, 3000 mile limit. The deciding factor on if i get a C4, which i really want, or if i get like a 96 bmw 328i will be in the insurance difference. The bmw will run me about 320 every 6 months, so if i can get corvette insurance for say 500 every 6 or less, i will get the vette. Going to college, can't really afford more than 500 every 6. I would be willing to live with milage limitations of 5000 miles, probably not less than that though. I have found plans like this, but they dont cover every day use, like driving to school and stuff like that. Does anybody know of any cheap collector car type insurance that covers every day use of your car? any help on this would be greatly appreciated, i really want to get a C4 rather than something else.
Old 12-07-2003, 07:50 AM
Mr Mojo
Elite Torch Red Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Cental/South NJ Events Coordinator
CI 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12 Vet
CI-II Burnout & Drag Champ
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07

Default Re: cheap every day use insurance? (egertge)

If you can get insurance on a Beemer for that low, why not a Corvette?

I pay about $1000 per year for each of my vettes, with full coverage, but I'm also twice your age and have a good driving record(not saying you don't).

Are you a member of AAA? I get my insurance through them and save a lot that way. But I may be switching since they screwed me out of my homeowners insurance. Just join up and then ask for a quote.
Old 12-07-2003, 08:25 AM
malibu
Intermediate

Who's the best deal in car insurance seems to vary from state to state, and for different driver profiles--age, record, etc. I just moved from Michigan to Tennesse. Allstate seems to beat most for me here, whereas in Michigan with No-fault Insurance, nobody could seem to beat Progressive.

[Modified by malibu, 7:26 AM 12/7/2003]
Old 12-07-2003, 01:12 PM
egertge
Instructor

Default Re: cheap every day use insurance? (Mr Mojo)

i forgot to mention a couple things. the insurance can be under my dad's name as the primary driver, and me as an occasional or whatever. we have a family plan at all state right now for my truck and my parents suburban, not my 79 though. The beemer quote was under that family plan with my dad as the primary. I think they want like 800 and something every 6 for a 93 vette though. i got a quote for just me on progressive, 2700 every 6 months :eek: . in 2 and a half years, that will be what i paid for a vette. no speeding tickets, but one careless driving ticket a few months back for something stupid, dont plan on getting anything else because i drive like an old lady now.
Old 12-07-2003, 02:04 PM
packinair
Burning Brakes

Location: Wanna join CFOT TeamLeghumper? Email cfotteamleghumper@gmail.com w/your forum name oh

Vette is insureed in my ex-wife/girlfriends name (don't ask :rolleyes: ) she is 24 and it is a whooping $60 a month full coverage :cool:
Old 12-07-2003, 10:04 PM
belmor
Safety Car

I live in LA, home of the most ridiculous insurance anywhere, i have to carry liability only on my car, cheapest around here was state farm, its $80 a month liability only, when i Lived in VA insurance on my 93' was $153 a mo. full coverage with geico, down here full coverage on my 87' is $300+ a mo. i am 24 with a perfect record
Ben
Old 12-07-2003, 11:12 PM
MPforUSMC
Instructor

Default Re: cheap every day use insurance? (belmor)

Make good grades (good student discount) or join the military and go with USAA.
Old 12-08-2003, 12:56 AM
xs650
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: cheap every day use insurance? (Mr Mojo)

.Are you a member of AAA? I get my insurance through them and save a lot that way. But I may be switching since they screwed me out of my homeowners insurance. Just join up and then ask for a quote.
I was getting my insurance from AAA but switched to American express Casualty through Costco. I'm paying 60% of what AAA charged for my house and car insurance. '96 LT4 high liability coverage in California is running $700/year.

Get notified of new replies

To cheap every day use insurance?

Quick Reply: cheap every day use insurance?