My experience with R-D Racing

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2003, 11:58 PM
konroh
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default My experience with R-D Racing

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to share my experience with RD racing and the camber brace I got through the last group purchase.

I ordered the LT1 with electric water pump version, recieved it a couple of weeks after the order was made, installed it as soon as it came in, and had a problem with the passenger side of the brace almost touching the water pump, with just a few millimeters of clearance. I was concerned about driving the car like this, and emailed Dave at RD Racing asking if I had installed it wrong, included a picture of it, and asked what I should do about it. I recieved a response directly from Dave within hours saying that this was not right, don't drive the car with it installed like this, and that the brace I recieved must have been wrong. He sent out another one, which arrived within days, but was identical to the first one. I emailed him again, and he said to send them both back (he had included a return shipper with the second one) and he would custom make one for me. I sent them both back, and it wasn't more than a few days before I recieved the third one. I finally had a chance to install it last week, and it fit perfectly!

I am very happy, and was pleasantly suprised at recieving this level of support on my purchase, especially as part of a group purchase! I don't know why the standard brace didn't fit my car, I think it is just the way mine is aligned. Overall it was a VERY positive experience and I wouldn't hesitate for a second to recommend RD racing to any member looking at any of their products!!

Thanks again Dave!!
:cheers:
Old 10-11-2003, 12:01 AM
Goody
Le Mans Master

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Default Re: My experience with R-D Racing (konroh)

R-D Racing is top notch. I will be doing more business there in the future. :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
Old 10-11-2003, 12:45 AM
Ramrod92
Melting Slicks

Cruise-In II Veteran

Dave is a super guy. I sent my stock LT1 version in and he converted it so I can use the Miezer waterpump. I'll be posting some pics within the next few days. :party:
Old 10-11-2003, 02:12 AM
STL94LT1
Race Director

Received 81 Likes on 71 Posts

Dave used my car to build the prototype e. water pump camber-Brace. Also, about two weeks ago Dave installed his new S/T Frame support in my car. Dave's products and customer support are top notch.
Old 10-11-2003, 02:40 AM
vinnies87
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude '03-'04-'05-'06-'07

Nice to heare of good support for a change... :cool:
Old 10-11-2003, 06:50 AM
95AquaC4
Le Mans Master

Default Re: My experience with R-D Racing (Goody)

R-D Racing is top notch. I will be doing more business there in the future. :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
:yesnod: Had a good experience with my Camber Brace GP.
Old 10-11-2003, 08:49 AM
Steel Blue 91
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: My experience with R-D Racing (95AquaC4)

Dave (R-D Racing) sets the standard for customer service and for products that actually perform as intended. Other aftermarket retailers should take note.
Old 10-11-2003, 02:33 PM
KurtK
Burning Brakes

Received 42 Likes on 37 Posts

I called Dave on a saturday, and he graciously called back and walked me through the install.

Service like that in incredibly rare these days.

[Modified by KurtK, 2:33 PM 10/11/2003]
Old 10-11-2003, 03:16 PM
Hardcorvette
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10

Default Re: My experience with R-D Racing (KurtK)

I purchased a Cross-Bar from Dave about 2 years ago. The Kit was missing 1 bolt...probably a 20 cent item. I contacted Dave, he shipped the bolt overnight, i received it the next day at no charge...probably cost him $10-15.00 to ship it. Service dosen't get any better than that! I have since purchased a Camber brace. I am more than pleased with the quality and professional service that R-D Racing provides. :cheers:

Get notified of new replies

To My experience with R-D Racing

Quick Reply: My experience with R-D Racing