Notices
C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Best way to get my 88 up in the air??

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2003, 10:13 PM
Black88Vette
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best way to get my 88 up in the air??

I just bought some shoter shifter arms for my 88 4+3 and I don't have a lift so I'm asking you guys to let me in on how you get these cars in the air! Everything I've looked at under the car is either aluminum or plastic and I don't want to mess the car up. So if you guys could please tell me where the best places are in the front and in the rear to put the jack to jack it up and also the best places to put the jack stands, I would really appreciate it. Thanx. :cheers:
Old 05-07-2003, 09:34 AM
Jim85IROC
Le Mans Master

Default Re: Best way to get my 88 up in the air?? (Black88Vette)

So far I've had good luck with the stock jacking points. I jack the passenger side front at the jacking point and put the jackstand on the frame a bit to the front and farther under the car from where I jacked it. I jack the rear at the jacking point, and again, I put the stand on the metal frame a little inside and to the rear of where I jack. I go over to the driver side, jack at the front point and the whole side of the car comes up and I put both stands in the same place as the other side.
Old 05-07-2003, 11:43 PM
Black88Vette
Instructor

Default Re: Best way to get my 88 up in the air?? (Jim85IROC)

So the steel ridge looking things that run along under the car that are connected to the jack points are strong enough? And also you just use a regular floor jack, right? Thanx. :cheers:

Get notified of new replies

To Best way to get my 88 up in the air??

Quick Reply: Best way to get my 88 up in the air??